New York City Bus Riddles

BM5 via Woodhaven

asdfghjkl.

The answer is the Q14

It began at the 7 train Flushing-Main Street station and ended at 7th Avenue, Whitestone.

It ran part of its route on Union (Onion) Street, and has been discontinued, but partially supplemented by the Q15A.

Mwahaha!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

asdfghjkl.

The answer is the Q14

It began at the 7 train Flushing-Main Street station and ended at 7th Avenue, Whitestone.

It ran part of its route on Union (Onion) Street, and has been discontinued, but partially supplemented by the Q15A.

Mwahaha!

I'll go again.

The foamers want me to west even before I start running! Who am I?

I used to short turn at Moshulu Parkway. Who am i?

Bx28.

I'll go:

I used to have three branches, then one was cut, and replaced by a lesser used route. Then, that route was cut also and replaced by another route!

What was the original branch?

What was the first replacement?

What was the second?

Bx28.

I'll go:

I used to have three branches, then one was cut, and replaced by a lesser used route. Then, that route was cut also and replaced by another route!

What was the original branch?

What was the first replacement?

What was the second?

You have stumped me.

Anyway, since it has been over 24 hours, I will go.

I am a bus that shares the exact same terminal names as three other routes. However, unlike those routes, I do not pass a popular Subway station. Although my route is long, yet rather quick, I do not have enough ridership to run everyday, also unlike the three other routes.

Who am I?

What are the three other routes?

You have stumped me.

Anyway, since it has been over 24 hours, I will go.

I am a bus that shares the exact same terminal names as three other routes. However, unlike those routes, I do not pass a popular Subway station. Although my route is long, yet rather quick, I do not have enough ridership to run everyday, also unlike the three other routes.

Who am I?

What are the three other routes?

The Q103. The other 3 routes are the Q101, 102, & 18.

The Q103. The other 3 routes are the Q101, 102, & 18.

Both terminal names of this bus must be equal to both of the terminal names for the three other buses. The 103 terminates in Hunters Point and Astoria, but none of the three other routes listed terminate exactly in the neighborhoods of Hunters point and Astoria.

Try again. ;)

Both terminal names of this bus must be equal to both of the terminal names for the three other buses. The 103 terminates in Hunters Point and Astoria, but none of the three other routes listed terminate exactly in the neighborhoods of Hunters point and Astoria.

Try again. ;)

Thanks... I was waiting for some clarification as to what you meant by "terminal names"...

Who am I? Q76

What are the three other routes? Q25, Q20a, Q65

Jamaica-College point.

1/2 of the routes out of my depot terminate at a nearby mall.....

I am included in the OTHER half that don't have to deal with that headache.... of the routes remaining, two of my relatives that don't fit the first criteria, serves 2 or more subway stations - one of which are terminal stations.....

I'm the last dog in the fight that does not fit ANY of the criteria mentioned in this post.....

Who am I ?

extra credit: Name the terminal subway stations in question.

I am included in the OTHER half that don't have to deal with that headache.... of the routes remaining, two of my relatives that don't fit the first criteria, serves 2 or more subway stations - one of which are terminal stations.....

I'm the last dog in the fight that does not fit ANY of the criteria mentioned in this post.....

Who am I ?

I'm stumped...

Who am I ?

I'm guessing the B31.

It comes out of Flatbush Depot.

The B2, B41, & B46 serve Kings Plaza.

The B44 serves Brooklyn College, and the B49 serves Franklin Avenue/Fulton Street. (I'm too lazy to list the other stations they serve that aren't terminal stations). The B31 doesn't serve a terminal station, just Kings Highway.

I'm guessing the B31.

It comes out of Flatbush Depot.

The B2, B41, & B46 serve Kings Plaza.

The B44 serves Brooklyn College, and the B49 serves Franklin Avenue/Fulton Street. (I'm too lazy to list the other stations they serve that aren't terminal stations). The B31 doesn't serve a terminal station, just Kings Highway.

No extra work necessary b/c those are the only two term. stations....

Anyway, right depot, right bus route.....

Pass or go?

Ok, I have one, I am a Very boring route that operators in my depot don't like that much, I tend to bunch ALOT along my main street I run on for 90% of my route, and sometimes 2 buses depart at the same time from one of my terminals, I stop at 2 subway stations (Try to name them), you see a good variety of buses on this route, so, who am I?

Ok, I have one, I am a Very boring route that operators in my depot don't like that much, I tend to bunch ALOT along my main street I run on for 90% of my route, and sometimes 2 buses depart at the same time from one of my terminals, I stop at 2 subway stations (Try to name them), you see a good variety of buses on this route, so, who am I?

Q23? Pass.

Archived