(M)

(N)

(Q)

(R) (Seen Occasionally) [No Longer Existing]

(T) [Will have in the future]

(V) [NIS]

(W) [NIS]

(Z)

I have seen a C as an R160 in a video at 57st where there was a Q testing its sign. So when will the (:) and (C) get R160s, and when will the (A)(D)(G)(R) and (S) receive these cars full time?

There are/were R142s on the;

(1) [special]

(2)

(3) [No 4 Service]

(4)

(5)

(6)

(7)/<7> (Testing on the Line) [Will receive R142A/R188s]

When will the 3 and 1 get them?

Don't hate, I just want some opinions on why you think these lines should/should not receive R142/R188s or R160s. Do you think that some lines will get older cars? Post all of that here.

Because there's no point in spreading many train types over multiple yards. Having mainly one type keeps maintenance simple where crew have to worry about one train type and stock up on parts. Not every yard is like CIY where it is massive and can take on many different types of trains.

R62/a's are not going anywhere anytime soon and some lines have to run them.

(1)(3) trains have a set north south terminals, so those roll signs don't need to be changed and the (3) is a part time line. (2)(5) shares yards and southern terminals, so they need R142s. (4)(6) are full time lines and Lexington av is a very demanding segment that requires trains that can handle the stress (door holding etc).

Guest lance25
So when will the (:) and (C) get R160s, and when will the (A)(D)(G)(R) and (S) receive these cars full time?

When will the 3 and 1 get [the R142(a)s]?

Don't hate, I just want some opinions on why you think these lines should/should not receive R142/R188s or R160s. Do you think that some lines will get older cars? Post all of that here.

Grand Concourse hit the nail on the head as to why you won't see a mixed fleet all over the place. But as to your question, the lines not running NTTs will eventually use them as the older fleet is retired. When the R32s and R42s are retired, the R179s will replace them. No, the current car assignments are in no way indicative of where the R179s will go, so please don't ask.

[quote=trainguy97;517561I have seen a (C) as an R160 in a video at 57st where there was a Q testing its sign].

That was my video. If you really want to see R160's on the (C), then check YT for "R160 C train". should be by ELD64 (credits to Daniel).

R160's might not be on the (T) in future, but then again you never know.

There are/were R160s on the;

(A) (Initial R160 Service) [No Longer Existing]

(D) (N Extension via West End Express) [No Longer Existing]

(E)

(F)

(G) (F trains to Eculid Av) [No Longer Existing]

(J)

(L)

(M)

(N)

(Q)

(R) (Seen Occasionally) [No Longer Existing]

(T) [Will have in the future]

(V) [NIS]

(W) [NIS]

(Z)

I have seen a C as an R160 in a video at 57st where there was a Q testing its sign. So when will the (:) and (C) get R160s, and when will the (A)(D)(G)(R) and (S) receive these cars full time?

There are/were R142s on the;

(1) [special]

(2)

(3) [No 4 Service]

(4)

(5)

(6)

(7)/<7> (Testing on the Line) [Will receive R142A/R188s]

When will the 3 and 1 get them?

Does this sound kind of foamerish to you?

and the 160s have been programmed with signs for every route. it doesnt mean theyll be used on said routes. i saw one signed as D Far Rockaway. it doesnt mean we'll see Ds to far rock using 160s.

yeah, that was me...can't find what i did with it though

I'm asking a legit question. And I clearly said DO NOT HATE. I want to know when, and why should/should not there be R160s or R142s on the lines.

Well A) There isn't enough to go around since there was only a certain number of cars ordered and :P Newer subway cars would replace the old ones once they get to a certain age.

Well, based on his location, maybe he doesn't know the way things work other than from a computer screen? Seriously, stop being so damn anal. Everything with you is foamer this or that, save the venom for the 'repeat offenders'. Don't take it out on everyone.

You obviously think I have never seen a train. Listen up, I have been to NY, matter of fact, lived in NY for most of my life. I do not look on my computer all day trying to find information. I have been in the subway countless times.

Apparently, no one will answer my question except for a few people on the first page. And I thank them.

Damn all this for asking one simple question, is all this foamer stuff necessary? What has come to the forums?

You obviously think I have never seen a train. Listen up, I have been to NY, matter of fact, lived in NY for most of my life. I do not look on my computer all day trying to find information. I have been in the subway countless times.

Apparently, no one will answer my question except for a few people on the first page. You want to do other things, or say stuff about me, the "Create new thread" button is available.

Damn all this for asking one simple question, is it necessary? What has come to the forums?

Don't take it the wrong way, I thought you probably havn't visted NY either. Hope you know the last three sentences GC posted in his message you quoted wasn't directed at you.

Don't take it the wrong way, I thought you probably havn't visted NY either. Hope you know the last three sentences GC posted in his message you quoted wasn't directed at you.

I know that, I have seen Roadcrusier1 in action before...Not saying this in a bad way.

I started young. I wanted to ride every line. Started with the (Q) from Cortelyou Road, worked my way through the rest. I remember when I had stepped onto that R44 Rockaway (H)/(S) and thinking that "I did it". I have kept my eyes on the MTA as it changes both electronically and physically. I remember seeing the R160 for the first time. When they took the final R62 off the (5). When they extended the last R160 (W) via Sea Beach Local. Learning from the forums about the <4> pilot express and the (NX). I could go on and on, but I don't want to start anything else. O I have been in NYC.

Apparently, no one will answer my question except for a few people on the first page. And I thank them.

Damn all this for asking one simple question, is all this foamer stuff necessary? What has come to the forums?

Don't take it the wrong way, I don't know you and based my opinion based on your listed location. I did not call you a foamer, I mean look at the Aqueduct (A) thread for what I mean in regards about foamers.

In fact I was trying to call him out on how negative he is to practically anyone. So my mistake about you not knowing the system and I did not imply "that you looked at computer screen all day". I want to be clear about that and I answered your question directly just as you asked.

Seriously, some people take this stuff too seriously... Whatever happens in the system happens... if an R160 somehow ends up on the... ohhhhh, idk... FRANKLIN SHUTTLE..... even that would only get attention for about a couple of days.... The MTA can do whatever it wants with equipment, and we on the forum can speculate and ask why such actions or lack thereof are taken by the agency.

Calling someone else out on something we have ALL done at one point in our stint on the forum is uncalled for. Lay off, and grow a pair. <--- to the hypocrites, you know who you are.

Archived