Subway seats

azspeedbullet

Guest lance25
Public indecency.

The term you're looking for is loitering. You can't arrest someone for simply being a bum. You can kick them out of the subway, but that requires manpower from the NYPD or the Transit Police. Whipping out your **** and pissing all over the seats, doors, platforms, etc are another matter entirely and that's indecency.

Every system has an occasional bum but NY has more than most from what Ive seen. There are bums in DC but I almost never saw on the Metro. In the streets is another story. DC's system closes at night so its not like you can camp out in the system like here. NY's 24/7 system is easy place for homeless to find some shelter. Other systems have the convenience of closing at late night to clean and such. Our dirty system is the price to pay for being have a 24/7 subway system. After living in a few different cities I've come to appreciate the NY subway alot more, even if its the ugliest and dirtiest I've ridden.

You cant arrest bums for no reason but this dude can be. Ive seen ppl get arrested to taking a piss on the platform this is even worse, damn on the train. With all the stuff he got he wasnt getting off for s***!

Well, like with the most recent shut down for hurricane Irene, the entire system was shut down. Times like that are a good way to round up all the bums and get them out.

As far as "they paid", that's one thing, but no where is it said they can stay on the property like it's their home/shelter. I would've thought most of them should've been prohibited especially years ago when a deranged bum pushed a woman onto the tracks in front of an oncoming train. Not saying they are all like that one, but you never know what their mental status is.

As for civil rights lawyers advocating for their rights, I'd like to see them 'adopt a bum' and let them live in their apartment and see how long they'd put up with the person.

Clearly! And you cant get them on loitering if they payed to get on.

Actually that's not true. At terminals you can not go from an arriving train directly to a departing train, you must pay another fare. Of course this is only enforced against the skells that ride the system.

I didn't see bums on the Washington Metro. Unless if you did.

So just because you have not seen a bum on the Washington Metro, no where else in the world has bums on their transit systems?? Get real guy. Whenever you were on the Metro, I bet there was another bum on a different train of the Metro, unless you are some sort of alien and can be at every train running at the time.

Actually that's not true. At terminals you can not go from an arriving train directly to a departing train, you must pay another fare. Of course this is only enforced against the skells that ride the system.

Where in the rules does it say that? Is it even a rule?

If that is the case, then why does the MTA recommend that people go through Coney Island during the (D)/(N) reroutes?

Where in the rules does it say that? Is it even a rule?

If that is the case, then why does the MTA recommend that people go through Coney Island during the (D)/(N) reroutes?

I was responding to what ENY said about Chicago.

Archived