NICE Planned Service/Schedule Changes

tvega961

And that is worse than the (MTA) cuts. If only the routes that go to the NYC subway remain, vast areas of the county will be left without any bus service at all. It'll make Suffolk Transit look NICE. The message Mangano is sending is simple, if you rely on the bus, get a car, walk, or take a cab, because the county doesn't give a damn about you. I've been noticing more cabs around the county, I wonder if Dollar Vans are next? At least they're cheaper than a cab.

And look, there is a Cabbie on the board, so at the end Mangano is trying to get people away from the bus and into the cab, purely ridiculous and cabs and cars are so not a Green form of transportation. It is going to look worse than the (MTA) cuts at the end, as much as I hate saying it, from the looks of the April-08th moves, it's gonna be and bound to be worse. Let's just hope June's service arrangements bring some positiveness but I don't see it...

And by the way I spoke with a bus operator today who was training someone, he drives the n6 and told me that the situation "could explode at any moment". He said he's been on the n6x and had to drive past HUNDREDS of people waiting at bus stops in Elmont and Franklin Square. And when he's stopped at a light people start yelling and banging on the bus door to get on. But he cant pick them up. Thats gotta be torture.

I gotta head down there myself and document the chaos. I'm sure eventually those pax will get fed up and discover the LIRR is only a mile or two walk north.

It's not good down there, I really think Veolia didn't think about the n6's service, and honestly I don't think Veolia's employees ever went on the bus before the service changes, the n6L could've been enhanced to serve major stops and transfer points rather than the n6X come in and replace it.

Edited by KeystoneRegional

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not good down there, I really think Veolia didn't think about the n6's service, and honestly I don't think Veolia's employees ever went on the bus before the service changes, the n6L could've been enhanced to serve major stops and transfer points rather than the n6X come in and replace it.

What? Isn't that what the N6L did in the first place?

What? Isn't that what the N6L did in the first place?

They never enhanced the n6L, the n6L basically operated like a Local in some senses, I think the n6L should be running more like in a desirable medium between the n6L and n6X, the n6X is too stripped down, the n6L is too much, they need to balance out.

They never enhanced the n6L, the n6L basically operated like a Local in some senses, I think the n6L should be running more like in a desirable medium between the n6L and n6X, the n6X is too stripped down, the n6L is too much, they need to balance out.

How would you suggest they do that?

They could add back the N6 Limited, keep the Express and split the trips between the two and keep the Local. That would help balance the heavy loads in Elmont (they are closer so they could use the Limited/Local) and people in Queens who can't get on at 169th/179th.

As someone else said, the issue with the Limited before is that for those passengers to/from Hempstead is that the trip would often take over an hour. I am not sure how NICE timed the Express routes, but they are way, way too short considering the traffic in Queens and Elmont. Many of those passengers are then using the terminal to connect to another bus. The idea behind the Express is a good one, it will take time to find the right balance, it has not even been one month.

I have noticed heavier loads on the Express so there is demand, but probably not enough for there to be one local for every express.

The N6x has been a nightmare this week, between bunching, buses not showing up on time...drivers and customers are very aggravated. Lots of breakdowns (so say the drivers)/issues on Hempstead Tpke. Late departures from Hempstead, no buses home from Queens...schedules don't seemt to matter much anymore. I waited 35 minutes for an express bus yesterday.

why can't N20 ppl use N23 for links the N27 is short and should link with N23 better with N23 with some issues. But again MTA allows N27 to survive. LIRR service boost will hurt duplicate lines. RANTPOWER goes ranting again. Do you ever do anything else???

They'll spend more money boosting service to try to attract passengers from duplicate lines than if they just let those lines surivive. Aside from that, if the N27 were expanded to serve more of Glen Cove (*cough**cough* by going to the waterfront), then it wouldn't be as much of a duplicate.

I don't think 22x is that bad the way they Have It 22l From Hicksville is the fastest in my opinion.

The 22x gets good ridership I hear too. Not full, but its get more than the N6x.

Anyone else having problems with VERY late buses? As in 15-20 minutes late? The N22 8AM at Mineola is always super late.

I think its ridiculous for buses to be that late on a consistant basis. I don't know if its the route or the driver. Though when it hits 15+ minutes I know exactly what driver it is and I haven't been wrong yet. Its very aggrivating, missing transfers and standing there waiting for so long. How difficult would it be to be honest about when the bus will arrive? Its clear that it will never arrive in Mineola on time.

I'm giving it a couple more weeks at most to give them time to sort out the bad drivers, but at this point its faster for me to take the LIRR to Jamaica, transfer take the train to Woodside, transfer and finally take the train to my destination. It sounds bad but at least this way I'm not standing in Mineola for a half hour then standing on the side of a main road for 40 minutes.

Customer service has been nice about it but so far, no changes. That same bus driver is always at least 15-20 minutes late. While other drivers are maybe 5 minutes late at the most.

Anyone else having problems with VERY late buses? As in 15-20 minutes late? The N22 8AM at Mineola is always super late.

I think its ridiculous for buses to be that late on a consistant basis. I don't know if its the route or the driver. Though when it hits 15+ minutes I know exactly what driver it is and I haven't been wrong yet. Its very aggrivating, missing transfers and standing there waiting for so long. How difficult would it be to be honest about when the bus will arrive? Its clear that it will never arrive in Mineola on time.

I'm giving it a couple more weeks at most to give them time to sort out the bad drivers, but at this point its faster for me to take the LIRR to Jamaica, transfer take the train to Woodside, transfer and finally take the train to my destination. It sounds bad but at least this way I'm not standing in Mineola for a half hour then standing on the side of a main road for 40 minutes.

Customer service has been nice about it but so far, no changes. That same bus driver is always at least 15-20 minutes late. While other drivers are maybe 5 minutes late at the most.

Have you reported the driver?

What do you expect with what Veolia's hired for drivers? Minimal training & route break-in & half the rate of pay of former LIB drivers.

Can you confirm and/or provide more details on supposed June 24 service changes?

Can you confirm and/or provide more details on supposed June 24 service changes?

What do you expect with what Veolia's hired for drivers? Minimal training & route break-in & half the rate of pay of former LIB drivers.

Hound, can you also give us some more info on the situation at NICE? Is NICE really low on drivers? They missing a lot of runs?