NICE Planned Service/Schedule Changes

tvega961

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More N23 Saturday service meaning larger span or half hourly service?

These changes don't look that cost neutral...meaning that there has either been a large ridership drop since 4/8 or those changes saved more than they expected.

NICE Will not do that. NICE is being too nice with the 80/81 and not too nice with the 6. As for the n79 to RF, I wouldn't do that. I personally think it was a good idea to truncate it to Hicksville. The reason is that mostly everyone gets off in Hicksville and More People get on. That was a good idea. As for the n24/n79, the schedules have to be cooridinated better, that's all. Besides, NICE gives two more transfers after getting on one bus route, so I dont see the logic in anyone complaining about this

I wouldn't say that about N6x the N6X has been catching on with folks recently I used it the past few days and it is just as crowded as the N6 local now those recent changes made it actually work better than when it was first introduced it is safe to say NICE is quick to correct their mistakes as proven by the changes to the N6X and the N27. Will you ppl please back off the N80's case you scream like a broken record we get it N80 has to get cut in its current form. DROP IT ALREADY N80 apparently isn't going anywhere no matter how much you scream on these forums. Do you really think they are gonna come here and cut a line cause some internet guys say so no so DO NOT bring up N80 again unless you have a plan to boost it's ridership otherwise can it its getting real old and annoying we know we heard it the first 50 TIMES

This means that there will be 30 minute spans during several time slots.

Several time slots? So that means they probably threw an extra bus on the route and had it do extra trips. I hope its not the substitute to making them wait for the 27...

So, if weekday off peak N27service is extended to Roosevelt Field, then whats going on with the N23? Will it go to Mineola, or continue to go to Hempstead?

Modified Timespan on N1? I wonder what that entails.

I assume it'll go to Mineola. I think they're trying to avoid increasing costs as much as possible, so there's no point in running the N23 the longer distance to Hempstead (that's probably also why they're only sending it to the RFM instead of Hempstead)

More N23 Saturday service meaning larger span or half hourly service?

These changes don't look that cost neutral...meaning that there has either been a large ridership drop since 4/8 or those changes saved more than they expected.

Since it looks like the N27 extension just applies weekdays, I would assume it means half-hour service, but only when it's the busiest.

I think it would be easier to just extend the N27 for those few intervals. It would probably save resources too (since the only extra cost is a bus running from Roslyn to Hempstead instead of Manorhaven to Hempstead. Plus, it takes a faster route as well via Roslyn Road instead of Willis Avenue). And aside from that, it provides the benefit of a one-seat ride (I mean, if the buses still aren't waiting, that just means that you have the option of catching the N23 a half hour early and waiting a half hour, instead of waiting the full hour).

Only took them a month! How much more can they FUBAR the N31/32 schedules and how much longer can they refuse to acknowledge that the N6X was a waste of CNG and resources?

apparantly you are not up to date cause the last time I tried the N6X it was full and crush loaded!!! try it your self I am NOT LYING it is now starting to catch on. I think they should extend N31 short turns via rockville centre LIRR and time with LIRR then to hempstead via N17 routing aka penninsula N31X

apparantly you are not up to date cause the last time I tried the N6X it was full and crush loaded!!! try it your self I am NOT LYING it is now starting to catch on. I think they should extend N31 short turns via rockville centre LIRR and time with LIRR then to hempstead via N17 routing aka penninsula N31X

Apparently I'm out late enough to have to take the N6X when I have no reason to.

The schedules are online...no notice or anything, just click on the PDF schedule link for one of the routes listed in this thread.

N16 and N17 are now one schedule; N17 now makes all stops N of Mercy

CUT: N43 Hempstead is only when NCC is in session

Edited by Amtrak7

Addtional n21 Southbound trip in evening due to my petition.

More evening service on N23 Mineola and N27 Hempstead in evening.

Your petition had 4 signatures. I don't think NICE was really affected by that. I have seen N21 ridership past Roslyn increase though, with the rush hours only.

Your petition had 4 signatures. I don't think NICE was really affected by that. I have seen N21 ridership past Roslyn increase though, with the rush hours only.

It was 12 signatures.

http://signon.org/sign/demand-veolia-to-restore?source=c.url&r_by=4535018

Michael Seltzer responsed to my signon Petition, not gopetition.

They did this very sneaky, the new schedules still have the same names as the april 8th schedules.

If the N6X goes to 169th street, where does it turn?

Some N6X drivers bring passengers to Merrick Blvd/89th Av because they turn around there.