NICE Planned Service/Schedule Changes

tvega961

The schedules are online...no notice or anything, just click on the PDF schedule link for one of the routes listed in this thread.

N16 and N17 are now one schedule; N17 now makes all stops N of Mercy

CUT: N43 Hempstead is only when NCC is in session

Are there official stops? or just for anyone flags down the bus along Graham or Peninsula?

I've noticed that the N6X goes to the 165th street bus terminal after 5PM now as opposed to after 6/6:30 or whatever it was before

Edited by N6 Limited

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are there official stops? or just for anyone flags down the bus along Graham or Peninsula?

I've noticed that the N6X goes to the 165th street bus terminal after 5PM now as opposed to after 6/6:30 or whatever it was before

I saw an n17 sticker right below the n16 on one of the old bus stops at Franklin and Graham.

I got summer schedule for N4/N43 at Freeport, N20/N21 at Hicksville, N22, N24, N78/N79, N23 while during survey/petition at Mineola TC, N23/N27 at Hempstead.

The Hicksville ones came in yesterday night/today, I asked for a June 24 N79 yesterday morning and they didn't have one.

I would consider switching out one of the n80/81 Saturday services for n51 Saturday service

It takes three buses to operate N80/81 Saturday service. What do you mean switching out one of the N80/81 Saturday services? If you take a bus from N80?81, the headway would greatly increase.

There are no mention of any changes on their site.

N6X Crush Loaded? I find that hard to believe

well you just need to start taking it a little more often nowadays it actually finally caught on so try it sometime we'll see how it actually finally caught on so try it sometime we'll see how crowded it gets now.

According to bus ops N6X started getting full after they added new stops. Now its a success. Hard to believe you only took it a few times early you had to wait till it gets better. I dont lie about these things. You know I know what I saw you can only deny the truth for so long.

well you just need to start taking it a little more often nowadays it actually finally caught on so try it sometime we'll see how it actually finally caught on so try it sometime we'll see how crowded it gets now.

According to bus ops N6X started getting full after they added new stops. Now its a success. Hard to believe you only took it a few times early you had to wait till it gets better. I dont lie about these things. You know I know what I saw you can only deny the truth for so long.

We aren't saying we don't believe you, just that because of how it started its hard to believe it.

I thought it took 4, so we could pull buses from 1 route. Guess I was wrong. You need at least 2 buses for n51.

I explained how it works in the "Interlining" thread. You can't pull a bus from one route. They flip routes at Broadway and Sunrise.

I explained how it works in the "Interlining" thread. You can't pull a bus from one route. They flip routes at Broadway and Sunrise.

I bet there are plenty of spare buses on Saturdays anyway..

I bet there are plenty of spare buses on Saturdays anyway.

I bet there are plenty of spare buses on Saturdays anyway..

The issue isn't availability of buses. The issue was putting service on the N51 without increasing costs. VWM's point was to redirect buses from N80/N81 to N51.

The thing is that NICE is very quick to correct their mistakes as proven by the N6X's new found success and the N27 weekday extension. And several changes they made recently.

And the N6 Limited would still be more successful than the N6X.

But how are the N6 Locals holding up?

Has the N1 to Jamaica via School Rd made a difference?

I'm not sure how that would help. the N24 isn't heavily used East of Roosevelt Field.

Actually, I was just on a packed N24 going to Jamaica from Hicksville. It was full from halfway between Hicksville and RF. I got off at RF.

Actually, I was just on a packed N24 going to Jamaica from Hicksville. It was full from halfway between Hicksville and RF. I got off at RF.

Anecdotal evidence, it now has Better connections to the N7879, the N22 could have been late and those passengers just wanted to get to Roosevelt Field, etc, and it's on 30 min headways.

I've been on full front-to-back SRO N1's., I've seen a SRO N6x SUCCESS! as QJ would say, but the next one had 3 people on it.....

But since we're on the N24, how are the N22 and N24 handling Old County Road between Mineola and Roosevelt Field?