NICE Planned Service/Schedule Changes

tvega961

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I wsh NICE would do is get rid of the N6 Limited (do they even have a limited anymore) as well as re-structure the N22 family.

The n6 LIMITED was more successful than the n6x. It balanced the loads between that and the local much better than the n6x.

What's the point of having 4 different N22s though? They could atleast renumber two of the routes to maybe N9 or something. Or, if they want to be like WMATA, have an N22A, N22B, N22C, and N22D.

All the n22s have the same start and end point and run via the same roads for most of the route. There is no reason to rename or renumber the route.

Starting December 30th, Franklin Avenue will be added to the n6x schedule and NICE believes this will help reduce crowding on the n6 local. More changes may be coming soon, but so far, this is the only confirmed change from NICE on their Facebook page.

Thats a long time for riders to wait IMO

What's the point of having 4 different N22s though? They could atleast renumber two of the routes to maybe N9 or something. Or, if they want to be like WMATA, have an N22A, N22B, N22C, and N22D.

Because the basic route is the same. All branches go down Hillside Avenue, and 3 out of the 4 branches serve Prospect Avenue in New Cassel.

On a side note, speaking of NICE, what's the point of the N33 running solely within Far Rockaway?

The n15 will be terminate service in Island Park, and the n33 will terminate service in the Rockaways, while this curfew is in place.

http://nicebus.com/Passenger_Information/Service_Restoration/index.html

Because the basic route is the same. All branches go down Hillside Avenue, and 3 out of the 4 branches serve Prospect Avenue in New Cassel.

On a side note, speaking of NICE, what's the point of the N33 running solely within Far Rockaway?

The n15 will be terminate service in Island Park, and the n33 will terminate service in the Rockaways, while this curfew is in place.

http://nicebus.com/P...tion/index.html

The area in Queens where the n33 serves has only the n33 as a viable mode of Transportation

The area in Queens where the n33 serves has only the n33 as a viable mode of Transportation

They have the Q113. There's only like 1 or 2 stops without a bus right at the stop, and they're a couple of blocks from the Q113 anyway.

EDIT: Scratch that. The entire route is covered. The last stop in Queens is Beach 9th & Seagirt anyway (at least according to Google Maps): https://www.google.com/maps?saddr=albany+blvd+at+park+street&daddr=seagirt+blvd+at+beach+9th+street&hl=en&ll=40.595511,-73.738475&spn=0.019193,0.038581&sll=40.5898,-73.73457&sspn=0.004799,0.009645&geocode=FaNYawIdquCa-ynjqsBjRW_CiTF_CbPCfBUtmA%3BFVV0awId3MCa-ykNC5ebU2_CiTG-s-8nedRnXw&dirflg=r&ttype=now&noexp=0&noal=0&sort=def&mra=ltm&t=m&z=15&start=3

Edited by checkmatechamp13

http://nicebus.com/P...tion/index.html

They have the Q113. There's only like 1 or 2 stops without a bus right at the stop, and they're a couple of blocks from the Q113 anyway.

EDIT: Scratch that. The entire route is covered. The last stop in Queens is Beach 9th & Seagirt anyway (at least according to Google Maps): https://www.google.c...=m&z=15&start=3

Well, I guess they would rather have some bus service than no bus service down there, and it's only at night time when the curfew is in place and there probably aren't that many riders at that time anyway.

n6x are not really succesful than n6ltd.

n6 LTD used to make same LTD stop as many MTA-buses did during the Long Island Bus days.

n22 is local.

n22a local is rush hour only between Roosevelt Field and Jamaica, which does not serve Mineola Station.

n22limited was created when Veolia took over LIB under NICE Bus in order to speed bus faster which does not serve Mineola or Roosevelt Field Mall. It used to use Old Country Rd, however on April 8th change, weekday n22l Limited route has been copy of n22a local, but skips Roosevelt Field and Mineola.

n22x which runs doing peak hour were introduced in order to give riders between Jamaica and Roosevelt Field Mall quicker ride.

All 4 types of n22 has an important purpose.

Just to prove how much of a failure nice is. I was at hillside ave and Francis Lewis blvd, I got there at 4:10. Waited and buses no show, 3 n6x buses passed at 4:35 and 1 at 4:40 but no local till 5:15... Wow horrible then 2 buses showed up. For a whole hour. Kidding me right?? We got to new Hyde park road and picked up 50 people. This was horrendous. I've heard the horror stories from other people but tonight I've experienced what many people are telling me its a daily struggle.

Just to prove how much of a failure nice is. I was at hillside ave and Francis Lewis blvd, I got there at 4:10. Waited and buses no show, 3 n6x buses passed at 4:35 and 1 at 4:40 but no local till 5:15... Wow horrible then 2 buses showed up. For a whole hour. Kidding me right?? We got to new Hyde park road and picked up 50 people. This was horrendous. I've heard the horror stories from other people but tonight I've experienced what many people are telling me its a daily struggle.

Had those n6 express buses been LIMITEDs, you would have been picked up on the first one. NICE to have Veolia here, isn't it?

30296267.jpg

I've had problems with NICE before, especially on the n22 but this was my first time taking the n6 and my mother-in law and brother-in law have all told me the painful waits they have endured on the n6 and everytime I just dismissed it as some minor traffic issue but the way people around me were talking and the wait I endured through today was ridiculous.

And you're sure that wouldn't have happened if it was still LIB?

And you're sure that wouldn't have happened if it was still LIB?

How could it happen under LIB? They didnt run the n6 express and they wouldn't have because they knew the LIMITED worked. That's why the route stuck around for all these years.

I use to take the n6 more often when it was under the mta, for the most part now I take the lirr. I never had this much of an issue with the n6, longest I ever waited for an n6 during rush hour in the evening was 20 mins. But last night was much longer. Get rid of the n6x, it will help so much.

n6x Express need to begin at Jamaica Bus Terminal all the time because majority of n6 riders at 165th St used to n6 Limited, n6 limited riders there refused to walk to 168th St for n6x Pickup, so it crowds up the n6 local.

Also, during Belmont Racetrack, n6x should make additional stop at racetrack, so spectuars could quick access to racetrack instead of using Q2/Q110 bus into Nassau County's Belmont Racetrack.