NICE Planned Service/Schedule Changes

tvega961

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw the updated signs today. The top (N78) half has been covered by an "n78 Hicksville" and the bottom (N79) half either remains unchanged or has the "Mineola" covered in white (not Hicksville).

So it is a sticker? Not something like a magnet right?

Or could they just be these stickers, applied everywhere?

That's what I'm wondering, they really don't have a need to replace them. They Might have new signs for the N17 possibly, but it's technically a waste of money to go around replacing signs in good condition when they could simply place a sticker on them if a route changes. Most routes still have the same destinations so technically there is no need to change the sign.

That's what I'm wondering, they really don't have a need to replace them. They Might have new signs for the N17 possibly, but it's technically a waste of money to go around replacing signs in good condition when they could simply place a sticker on them if a route changes. Most routes still have the same destinations so technically there is no need to change the sign.

Yes, there is a new N17 sign on N Franklin Av/ Fulton Av, right under the N6,N15 16,N31,N32 sign.. Seen it today on the N6 LTD..

I saw a couple of new Nice signs today.

- N Franklin and Fulton St has the new sign with the N17 and N16 on it, southbound. I didn't look for the Northbound Side.

- Meacham Ave and Hempstead Turnpike has the new N2/N8 NICE sign. I haven't checked Dutch Broadway for N2 stickers yet.

- N6X stickers replaced the N6 Limited stickers at Westminster Road, & Terrace/Hilton Aves. A blank sticker is covering the N6 Limited portion of the other limited stops. (not sure about Queens though)

- East Gate Blvd, has N22X and N24 sticker; More N78/79 signs have been covered by N24 Stickers.

-Nothing has been done at the Roosevelt Field stop as of yet, it might confuse riders looking for their actual bus.

- Nothing has been done at Hempstead Transit Center also. (all they have to do put the N17 bay back into service, find a bay for the N43 to use, and add the N23 to the N27 bay)

-New schedules are available at the Hempstead Bus Terminal.

-There is a NICE bus map that says "Effective April 2012" towards the "Front" of the terminal, but it must have been printed before the approved PDF on the site. It shows the N23 Continuing from Mineola Intermodal Center along Old Country Road and Continuing to Hicksville via East Gate Blvd & Old Country Road in the Nassau Hub Inset. Hmm, Original Plan not removed from map, or just a mistake?

-There is a NICE bus map that says "Effective April 2012" towards the "Front" of the terminal, but it must have been printed before the approved PDF on the site. It shows the N23 Continuing from Mineola Intermodal Center along Old Country Road and Continuing to Hicksville via East Gate Blvd & Old Country Road in the Nassau Hub Inset. Hmm, Original Plan not removed from map, or just a mistake?

I hope this doesn't mean that the printed system maps have the same error.

NICE bus schedule throughout Nassau County changes April 8; Able-Ride unchanged

Continue reading on Examiner.com NICE bus schedule throughout Nassau County changes April 8; Able-Ride unchanged - Long Island populist | Examiner.com http://www.examiner....d#ixzz1r2PUBqvx

Wow, an informative article with facts as opposed to uninformed/non-researched, slanted BS. I commend Karen Rubin

Edited by N6 Limited

NICE bus schedule throughout Nassau County changes April 8; Able-Ride unchanged

Continue reading on Examiner.com NICE bus schedule throughout Nassau County changes April 8; Able-Ride unchanged - Long Island populist | Examiner.com http://www.examiner....d#ixzz1r2PUBqvx

Wow, an informative article with facts as opposed to uninformed/non-researched, slanted BS. I commend Karen Rubin

Note that the Examiner is a self-published non-professional news site.

Note that the Examiner is a self-published non-professional news site.

So that's what it takes to properly inform the public? lol

I never pay attention to these because the people who write these wouldn't know a farebox from a soapbox and are going on what people say as opposed to riding the system *ahem* and getting to know it themselves.

Wastes of life.

That article was seemingly the opposite. It had factual information without a negative slant, with full quotes from Setzer. It mentioned cuts as well as positive additions and improvements to service.

qjgibberishmaster's post (and personal issues) had me reeling. The one thing that still pisses me off is the increase in headways for the 31 and 32. My journeys on buses to Hempstead and Lynbrook have been all but comfortable and the headway increase will only mean passengers such as myself will miss buses and have longer commutes.

i'm still surprised that they still have not replaced the bus stop signs or at least seal over the MTA logo

but I did see an n62 bus stop sign and it said:

n62

S Freeport Loop

NOTE these were ONLY stickers taped over the N62 S. Freeport Loop

im surprised they didnt tape over the MTA logo. thats probably the new signage thats going to take place.

I did put this in another topic under NICE

but i decided to bring it up here

Edited by audiot1129

Yes its a waste, but can't the (MTA) say something (maybe sue) for their logo still being on the signs or are stickers going to cover that up too? Shows a little messiness,doesn't it?

then again the MTA is still working with Nassau to make the transition go smoothly and the MTA understands that the bus stop signs need to be there due to the transition Edited by audiot1129

I just had a look at the stickers in the dark: they are highly reflective, so maybe they're here to stay?

That should be good for routes like the N27 where there are no streetlights and its basically pitch dark along Roslyn Rd.

i'm still surprised that they still have not replaced the bus stop signs or at least seal over the MTA logo

but I did see an n62 bus stop sign and it said:

n62

S Freeport Loop

NOTE these were ONLY stickers taped over the N62 S. Freeport Loop

im surprised they didnt tape over the MTA logo. thats probably the new signage thats going to take place.

I did put this in another topic under NICE

but i decided to bring it up here

There was nothing else added like "peak hours only"?

then again the MTA is still working with Nassau to make the transition go smoothly and the MTA understands that the bus stop signs need to be there due to the transition

Are they still working with the MTA (besides leasing the fareboxes and some buses)?