Updated Bus Depot & Fleet Roster Posted

The Real

Glad to see the roster's back, but a shame about the 1000s leaving 126 and the 5300s leaving Quill. It was inevitable though. Surprised that 5567 went to KB??

Quick question though, 9221 and 9646 are still at 126th? I coulda sworn 9221 was scrapped and 9646 went back to FB.

Well done as always though.

I could've swore to, but when I got a look at the DB, it showed 9221 still active at 126th (now whether the bus is actually seeing road time is another thing) and it showed 9646 there as well. *Shrugs Shoulders*

If anyone has seen 9646 in the last 24 hours on a FB route, lemme know. As for 9221, I'm drawing a blank.

I could've swore to, but when I got a look at the DB, it showed 9221 still active at 126th (now whether the bus is actually seeing road time is another thing) and it showed 9646 there as well. *Shrugs Shoulders*

If anyone has seen 9646 in the last 24 hours on a FB route, lemme know. As for 9221, I'm drawing a blank.

9221 is definitely still here, it got inspected last week. It had to be jump started to get it inside, than jump started again to get it on the lift. Not sure if its in service now. Not sure about 9646 though...

Glad to see the roster's back, but a shame about the 1000s leaving 126 and the 5300s leaving Quill. It was inevitable though. Surprised that 5567 went to KB??

Quick question though, 9221 and 9646 are still at 126th? I coulda sworn 9221 was scrapped and 9646 went back to FB.

So the rear bulkhead issue got fixed up? Good. One of the strongest buses out of 126, when it can start, that is. ;)

Rear bulkhead cracking has been an issue on most all the newer RTS'. On the later models, they were switched from stainless steel to galvanized steel. This was a huge mistake! Yes it did save weight, and improve fuel economy, but it was a horrible idea for the RTS. Thank God MTS doesn't use that crap!

I was at 126 the day before yesterday and saw 9221. Didn't look like she was going out on the road anywhere, but she's there!

Saw 9646 downtown BK NIS.

What is this rear bulkhead problem thing?? I am not so much familiar with this..where is the spot of this? Can someone show me a picture?

The rear bulkhead is the area just behind the rear seats. It separates the engine compartment from the rest of the bus, and doubles as a heat shield. It's a design flaw, and they are prone to cracking. The Millennium RTS does not have a rear bulkhead because it's a T-Drive bus. Im sure if I do some digging I can get ahold of a shot of one.

The GMC's and TMC's have stainless rear bulkheads. Nova's have the galvanized ones.

5567, I just had that bus the other day...it still has "Quill" programmed in the radio...makes a weird whooshing/humming noise when accelerating tho....other than that pretty good pick up a lot better than those 5200's....

5567, I just had that bus the other day...it still has "Quill" programmed in the radio...makes a weird whooshing/humming noise when accelerating tho....other than that pretty good pick up a lot better than those 5200's....

I've noticed that noise from a lot of buses when they put a new engine in them. I guess we're so use to the tired beat up DD50 that it sounds foreign when It's brand new.

Now that's fantastic news to me, 9221 is probably my favorite RTS after 9218, and I've ridden it a million times between Mannyville and 126th. Hopefully I'll catch it running around later.

I saw that bus 4 times today! I can definitely see why the TA didn't want to scrap it.:cool:

I would say the same about 9644. I swear, it's almost 1 of 2-3 days I see that bus lately. I don't even have to chase it. 'It' finds me ;)

If I weren't so swamped, I would post a pic of 9646 signed up as a B41 here, but I confirm it here at FB as well. It has what looks like a missing metal 'grill'? sorta like a person with a missing tooth - that kind of gap. Best I can describe it till I can post the pic.

Archived