Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

Rode my first 3G today: 1848 on the N78. By far the nicest NICE bus I ever rode: quiet, smooth, no rattling, on time....

Only problem was that the Clever Devices weren't on.

Let's see how long that last with Nassau's shotty maintance. Look at how fast those new 2008-2011 NG CNGs got banged up.

Edited by jgood6195

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, well, nobody cry when I say this, but I saw two NICE buses being towed tonight. One was 1822 that broke down in Bayside on Northern Blvd, heading eastbound. The other was traveling eastbound on Northern Blvd and I saw it drive by (no idea where it broke down), and it was a 3G, I think in the 1850s. I could tell by the vent on the back and the number on the side windows.

When I show your Anything But Nice on my poster, two passengers said.

Female's View who was on #1854 and transfer to our bus #1762. I  cannot make to her 1pm appointment in Astoria.

NICE Bus should be called grumps, rude, mean to passengers.

For every Sunday, NICE Bus n22 at Hillside Av/New Hyde Park, 11:15 (10:30 from Hicksville) never showed up and 11:45 (11:00 from Hicksville) was late and both came at once. I was late for my appointment.

This happens very often.

They comes early, leave and don't wait for the time to pull out and this has to STOP.

MTA NEVER DID THIS AND THEY WERE BETTER!!!

Here's some kind man's view from Indian/Hispanic-looking man's view.

NICE NEVER 22

Either late, or never show up or come together.

See I told you none of NICE Riders refuse to call bus NICE.

Even Spanish who was on #1854 was complaining as well.

Rockville Centre would never allow for all the NG CNGs to go to Mitchel Field. What would happen one day if all the Vs just didn't start? That would pose a huge problem and is the reason why the buses are split between the two depots. Not equally of course because Rockville Centre handles less routes, but even being a weekday garage, where the routes are at their busiest point, is busy enough to need to have the back up NGs in case.

Edited by Brett

Then what exactly is the point your trying to make with this topic given this argument?

What model buses coming next is not the question, nor does it have anything to do with it. I was just thinking that maybe RVC should be all or mostly Orion V, IMO. That way, they could kill off most of the remaining 2000 Orion V CNGs in an orderly fashion. Plus those buses could rest on weekends.

Edited by jgood6195

I'm so mad I didn't get a pic, but I saw a 1700 today deadheading on the LIE that had the destination sign set to the U.S. Open code.

Where was it going coming from?

On a different topic has anyone noticed the same buses being used on the same routes?  I'm noticing this a lot lately, maybe it's time we start keeping track of buses we see on what route, date, and time...

Where was it going coming from?

On a different topic has anyone noticed the same buses being used on the same routes?  I'm noticing this a lot lately, maybe it's time we start keeping track of buses we see on what route, date, and time...

I could have filled an entire thread page up with how many times I saw 1833 on the N25.

I took 17:35 n21 Flushing #1726, which departed very late around 17:54. Do you know what I notice? By the front door, there was vintage photo of Jackie Gleason Bus #2969!!

I know that driver, he's very friendly and was with LIB prior to NICE.

Wait, what? So there is some driver at NICE who brings a photo of 2969 with him every day and puts it at the front of bus? Why? How long has this been going on?

Usual deadhead I see, to/from Flushing to Nassau County. This particular bus was heading to Nassau at about 12:30 pm.

I still wonder why they still deadhead buses from Queens, seems like such a waste of money, I thought this the last time I saw an n4 deadheading on Merrick BLVD coming back from Jamaica during rush hours.  Buses going back to Nassau County were packed, they could've at least had one more bus for pax if it was going back to Nassau County, even if it ended at Rockville Centre.