Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

Tagging happens everywhere. With some you don't see it as much as with others but there is no company in the world where it doesn't happen.

But what surprises me the most is that PinePower finally wrote a post without hate towards NICE lol.

Anyway, there should indeed be more cops. Or maybe NICE safety guards. We have some safety team over here. They check in on a bus every now and then and they're allowed to do the same as a cop except for arresting people and without pepper spray. Maybe that'd work for NICE too.

Edited by Vistausss

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would cost too much too much to put NCPD on buses just to catch people writing on seats, and if they did it's not like a cop would be on every bus.  Putting cops that make $70,000+ a year on buses would bankkrupt the County in overtime, if you did not do this in overtine you would be taking resources and officers off the street to make sure people would not write on seats.  And you still wouldn't have a cop on every bus, so graffiti could still end up on buses.

The problem is the community, if more people took pride in the buses they have to ride and gave the little punks shit when they see them doing this it would stop.  But no one cares.

It would cost too much too much to put NCPD on buses just to catch people writing on seats, and if they did it's not like a cop would be on every bus.  Putting cops that make $70,000+ a year on buses would bankkrupt the County in overtime, if you did not do this in overtine you would be taking resources and officers off the street to make sure people would not write on seats.  And you still wouldn't have a cop on every bus, so graffiti could still end up on buses.

The problem is the community, if more people took pride in the buses they have to ride and gave the little punks shit when they see them doing this it would stop.  But no one cares.

Well they could put cameras especially in the back with a sign that says that there are cameras. I'm not saying a cop on every bus, just random, like what the NYPD does. We have a serious gang problem on the buses and it was addressed by others at that "meeting" tonight. These gangs like MS13 are large problems in many towns, especially Hempstead, Roosevelt, and Freeport but also now in Westbury and Glen Cove too. NCPD needs to work with these communities to remove these gangbangers from society. But the issue of course goes very deep and deals with the nature of what's happening in these communities with overcrowded homes and criminal aliens. But there's a large lack of respect for the public buses, its not just tagging but trash, lottery tickets, gum, red bull & beer cans, and those seeds often litter the floor, I'm sure its hard to NICE to keep the buses clean. Many at the meeting also spoke of inconsiderate groups of young men hogging up the seats in the front forcing disabled and seniors to stand or walk to the back. The drivers of course are afraid to say anything. I worry its like a community, once it goes downhill and people dont feel safe, they leave, and what's left behind is a rolling gang hangout. It needs to be addressed before NICE becomes like DDOT (Detroit Buses).

Edited by PinePower

Well they could put cameras especially in the back with a sign that says that there are cameras. I'm not saying a cop on every bus, just random, like what the NYPD does. We have a serious gang problem on the buses and it was addressed by others at that "meeting" tonight. These gangs like MS13 are large problems in many towns, especially Hempstead, Roosevelt, and Freeport but also now in Westbury and Glen Cove too. NCPD needs to work with these communities to remove these gangbangers from society. But the issue of course goes very deep and deals with the nature of what's happening in these communities with overcrowded homes and criminal aliens. But there's a large lack of respect for the public buses, its not just tagging but trash, lottery tickets, gum, red bull & beer cans, and those seeds often litter the floor, I'm sure its hard to NICE to keep the buses clean. Many at the meeting also spoke of inconsiderate groups of young men hogging up the seats in the front forcing disabled and seniors to stand or walk to the back. The drivers of course are afraid to say anything. I worry its like a community, once it goes downhill and people dont feel safe, they leave, and what's left behind is a rolling gang hangout. It needs to be addressed before NICE becomes like DDOT (Detroit Buses).

I see it on SEPTA buses and MTA buses in the bronx sorry buddy it isn't exactly a NICE only problem.

I didn't say on every bus, I said "every now and then" e.g. random.

If NICE were to put cameras in the back, it would catch the graffiti artists doing their dirty work. But NICE only looks at the video footage of a bus if it gets into an accident. They probably don't have the time to check the footage of every tagged bus just to catch some guy who if caught, will at most get a fine, and that money will go to the County, not NICE. A sign that there are cameras will defer some people, but it won't stop it. Isn't there already a sign in the front of bus that says theres cameras on board?

If NICE were to put cameras in the back, it would catch the graffiti artists doing their dirty work. But NICE only looks at the video footage of a bus if it gets into an accident. They probably don't have the time to check the footage of every tagged bus just to catch some guy who if caught, will at most get a fine, and that money will go to the County, not NICE. A sign that there are cameras will defer some people, but it won't stop it. Isn't there already a sign in the front of bus that says theres cameras on board?

No there are no signs about cameras. I've only seen them on NJT.

No there are no signs about cameras. I've only seen them on NJT.

You should suggest it to NICE then. They've put stickers for drivers not to use their cell phones and that NICE is hiring, so putting one more sticker on the buses couldn't hurt.

Well we can't stop the idiots who tag buses up, unless they stop themselves.

Also, how are the Orion VII 3G CNGs doing out there? 

The 3Gs sound good, look good, but are getting tagged up quickly. That's how they're doing.

God forbid they should put a good, worthwhile ad like that on the back of seats on buses in the United States, but no. Never seen it before in this country.

Never seen those in my country or Belgium either. Both USA and The Netherlands and Belgium can learn from that ad. Good job Aussies! :D

Rode 1749 on the N24 the whole way yesterday (16:20 dp Jamaica). Ridership east of RFM was very, very light. He even had to wait for time a couple of times.

Did you see any N24s east of RFM headed in the opposite direction? What did their ridership look like?

Rode 1749 on the N24 the whole way yesterday (16:20 dp Jamaica). Ridership east of RFM was very, very light. He even had to wait for time a couple of times.

Rush hours is where it's active, outside not as active. Sunday ridership is about 8 past RFM.

Well, that doesn't make much sense then? He said the bus left at 16:20 from Jamaica which is 4:20 pm. That means the bus was east of RFM by 5:30 pm, which is right into rush hour. I see no reason why there was light ridership on that N24, other that most of the people in the evening are heading into Jamaica and in the morning, are heading into Hicksville.

Well, that doesn't make much sense then? He said the bus left at 16:20 from Jamaica which is 4:20 pm. That means the bus was east of RFM by 5:30 pm, which is right into rush hour. I see no reason why there was light ridership on that N24, other that most of the people in the evening are heading into Jamaica and in the morning, are heading into Hicksville.

Isn't the sole purpose of that portin for reverse commuting itself. Besides Hicksville is industrial, and has Jericho Quad, the offices at Hicksville, and other jobs. I understand that you have the Nassau Hub, but Hicksville is as industrial. That's a portion of NICE's ridership from Hicksville anyways, other than the LIRR riders.