Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

I see Fulton Street here. The (A) I can kinda get but the (C)?

And even so, they sitll run the (A) on 8 Avenue via local on weekends.

Also, it seems like (4) riders have more to worry about now.

Unless there's construction, (A) Trains runs Express on weekends still. Plus they had to send (A) And (C) Trains via 6th Avenue for this because another G.O (No Local Service on 8th Avenue) Was in effect

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Service Change

Posted: 01/18/2015 1:31PM

Due to signal problems at Eastchester-Dyre Av, there is no (5) train service between E 180 St and Eastchester-Dyre Av in both directions.

As an alternative customers can take the Bx21, Bx30 and Bx31 buses for service between E 180 St and Eastchester-Dyre Av.

Allow additional travel time.

Lol good luck......

MTA Service Status

Service Change  Posted: 01/21/2015  4:02PM 

Due to a rail condition at Wall St, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound (2) trains are running on the (5) line from Nevins St to 149 St-Grand Concourse.

There is no (3) train service between Wall St and New Lots Av in both directions.  

Some southbound (2) and (3) trains terminate at Times Sq-42 St, 14 St or Chambers St.

(4) trains are running local between Franklin Av and Crown Heights-Utica Av in both directions.

There will be shuttle train service between Crown Heights-Utica Av and New Lots Av in both directions.

Expect delays in both directions on the (1), (2), (3), (4) and (5) trains.

They can make the (4) local but can't extend it to New lots? Yes there is Shuttle train service, but common sense.....

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

Due to a sick customer at Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall, the following service changes are in effect:

Some southbound 4.png and 5.png trains terminate at Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall.

Some southbound 5.png trains are running on the 2.png line from 149 St-Grand Concourse to Nevins St.

4.png and 5.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

On top of the rail condition in Wall Street (2) and (3) trains are running with delays. I'm confused here; so the sick customer is at Brooklyn Bridge but the (4) and (5) are terminating there? So they are using the loop?

Due to a sick customer at Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall, the following service changes are in effect:

Some southbound 4.png and 5.png trains terminate at Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall.

Some southbound 5.png trains are running on the 2.png line from 149 St-Grand Concourse to Nevins St.

4.png and 5.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

On top of the rail condition in Wall Street (2) and (3) trains are running with delays. I'm confused here; so the sick customer is at Brooklyn Bridge but the (4) and (5) are terminating there? So they are using the loop?

It might be on the express track, so yeah, most likely the loop is used.

Service Change  Posted: 01/22/2015  2:49PM
Due to signal problems at Hewes St, the following service changes are in effect:

Broad St bound j.png and z.png and 71 Av bound m.png trains are running with delays.

Broad St bound j.png trains are running express from Myrtle Av to Marcy Av.

Jamaica bound z.png trains are running local from Marcy Av to Myrtle Av

Interesting that the (Z) is running local. Maybe to relieve crowding on the (J)

It has to. If Manhattan-bound trains are running express to avoid the signal malfunction on the Manhattan-bound local track, Queens-bound trains that are scheduled to run express have to run local to avoid any unnecessary merging delays. By the way, the Z isn't even running as of this point. It's the J that has to run local in the Queens-bound direction.

Due to NYPD activity at 42 St-Bryant Pk, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound b.png, d.png trains are running on the c.png line from W 4 St-Washington Square to 59 St-Columbus Circle.

Northbound f.png and 71 Av bound m.png trains are bypassing 42 St-Bryant Pk.

Why cannot (B) and (D) bypass the station at the point. Or maybe it a 12-9.

Due to NYPD activity at 42 St-Bryant Pk, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound b.png, d.png trains are running on the c.png line from W 4 St-Washington Square to 59 St-Columbus Circle.

Northbound f.png and 71 Av bound m.png trains are bypassing 42 St-Bryant Pk.

Why cannot (B) and (D) bypass the station at the point. Or maybe it a 12-9.

Probably because whatever it was happened on the NB express track

Let me tell you guys a funny story. I was going to my grandmother's house because of apartment issues. So I checked the (MTA) website to make sure there there were no delays on any line, and there wasn't. However, as soon as I swipe my metrocard, the (6) has to stay where it is because of a train malfunction at 51 Street. After like 5 minutes, the (6) I rode on proceeds to 125 Street and makes all express stops to 14 Street. The express ride was calm until 42 Street, when it seems like the stalled train moved and we met with a local train. That was when the express (6) ran the same speed as the local (6). For a brief moment, the (6) became a <6> since I rode an R62A. After 14 Street, my train ran nonstop to Bleecker Street, the stop that I needed to get off for my (F). Not a good ride, but this is one for me to remember. Seems that the (6) might still be delayed:

Delays Posted: 01/22/2015 8:16PM

Following an earlier incident at 51 St,(4) , (5) and (6) train service has resumed with residual delays.

Let me tell you guys a funny story. I was going to my grandmother's house because of apartment issues. So I checked the (MTA) website to make sure there there were no delays on any line, and there wasn't. However, as soon as I swipe my metrocard, the (6) has to stay where it is because of a train malfunction at 51 Street. After like 5 minutes, the (6) I rode on proceeds to 125 Street and makes all express stops to 14 Street. The express ride was calm until 42 Street, when it seems like the stalled train moved and we met with a local train. That was when the express (6) ran the same speed as the local (6). For a brief moment, the (6) became a <6> since I rode an R62A. After 14 Street, my train ran nonstop to Bleecker Street, the stop that I needed to get off for my (F). Not a good ride, but this is one for me to remember. Seems that the (6) might still be delayed:

Delays Posted: 01/22/2015 8:16PM

Following an earlier incident at 51 St, (4) , (5) and (6) train service has resumed with residual delays.

Lol!  :lol:

Service Change  Posted: 01/26/2015  7:14AM 

Due to an investigation at DeKalb Av, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no b.png train service between Brighton Beach and Bedford Park Blvd in both directions.

Northbound d.png trains are running on the n.png line from Dekalb Av to 34 St-Herald Sq.

Expect delays in n.png train service.

Service Change  Posted: 01/26/2015  6:43AM 

Due to signal problems at Smith-9 Sts, northbound f.png and g.png trains are running with delays.

Some northbound f.png trains are running express from 4 Av-9 St to Jay St-MetroTech.

Edited by superdrive1

This winter storm has the subway going into complete chaos.

Delays  Posted: 01/26/2015 10:55AM 

Following an earlier incident at Broadway Junctionj.png train service has resumed with residual delays. 

Delays  Posted: 01/26/2015 10:08AM 

Due to signal problems at 14 St, northbound c.png and e.png trains are running with delays.

Service Change  Posted: 01/26/2015 10:57AM 

Due to signal problems at 207 St, the following service chnges are in effect:

Northbound 1.png trains are running express from Dyckman to Van Courtlandt-242 St

Some northbound 1.png trains are terminating at 34 St-Penn Station or 137 St-City College.

Service Change  Posted: 01/26/2015 10:10AM 

Due to switch problems at Parkchester, southbound 6.png trains are running with delays.

Some northbound 6.png trains are terminating at 3 Av-138 St or Hunts Point Av.

Service Change  Posted: 01/26/2015 9:10AM 

Due to switch problems at Woodlawn, southbound (4) trains are running express from Woodlawn to Burnside Ave.

Some northbound (4) trains are terminating at Burnside Ave.

Edited by Javier

So they decide to stand (2) train riders? I really agree that it's unacceptable. The (2) needs help from the (3). The (1) could use some extra service anyway, so why not do it?

MTA Service Status

Service Change  Posted: 01/26/2015  4:50PM 

Due to FDNY activity at Borough Hall, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound 4.png trains terminate at Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr.

Southbound 4.png trains terminate at Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall or Bowling Green.

5.png trains are running on the 2.png line between Nevins St and 149 St-Grand Concourse in both directions.

This Brooklyn shuttle (4) is useless.