Brooklyn Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

B36 Via Ave U

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Uh, the BM3 to Trump Towers/Village/Hairpeace Memorial might be OK. Don't those folks currently avoid the yucky subway like the plague? If you're adding 4 stops (At Coney Island Ave, Ocean Parkway, Neptune/ W5, W5/Sea Breeze), might be worth a try. But then the X29 would still exist if the Tower-dwellers flocked to the express buses.

The X29 actually performed pretty well, with or without the Tower riders.

Another try at B23. Reviving this route is like trying to get blood from a stone. I think maybe the people along 16 Ave just don't want to take a bus. So with this route, keeping the extension via Ocean Ave to Prospect Park in hopes of transfers and rides along Ocean. Extending to 86 St and 18 Ave in hopes it can get some passengers taking it to/from the two D stops it crosses.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=202807188220210378870.0004d4388a0c93da0499d&msa=0&ll=40.63519,-73.983479&spn=0.078552,0.154324

Another try at B23. Reviving this route is like trying to get blood from a stone. I think maybe the people along 16 Ave just don't want to take a bus. So with this route, keeping the extension via Ocean Ave to Prospect Park in hopes of transfers and rides along Ocean. Extending to 86 St and 18 Ave in hopes it can get some passengers taking it to/from the two D stops it crosses.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=202807188220210378870.0004d4388a0c93da0499d&msa=0&ll=40.63519,-73.983479&spn=0.078552,0.154324

you sure you don't want to serve clarendon ave with this line?

Edited by qjtransitmaster

Culver, that may not be a bad route proposal. Atleast I would approve. One change would to turn left on Coney Island and then right at Beverly Road for one of the directions atleast. Just let one direction on Cortelyou and the other on Beverly-errrr, you get the point already.

Edited by Metro CSW

you sure you don't want to serve clarendon ave with this line?

I'd be open to it. Depends on whether we have any idea if it would get used. How's the B8 do down on Ave D? If you send it down Clarendon, might as well make it go all the way and have it go to Brookdale Hospital, Canarsie or Spring Creek.

The (MTA) should've revived the B23. Either that or Extend the B67 to Borough Park and the B69 to Flatbush

Dude, where thinking alike here. Agreed! If it wasn't for the B103 that would be likely. I would like to see the B67 along 16th Avenue.

Excuse the foam. It's not like me today.

Edited by Metro CSW

Dude, where thinking alike here. Agreed! If it wasn't for the B103 that would be likely. I would like to see the B67 along 16th Avenue.

Excuse the foam. It's not like me today.

Some untapped markets. How is the B103 preventing that from happening? Another tip, the B57 should've never been extended to Red Hook. Since it did happen, some runs could've came from JG

Edited by Q43LTD

Another try at B23.

Reviving this route is like trying to get blood from a stone. I think maybe the people along 16 Ave just don't want to take a bus. So with this route, keeping the extension via Ocean Ave to Prospect Park in hopes of transfers and rides along Ocean. Extending to 86 St and 18 Ave in hopes it can get some passengers taking it to/from the two D stops it crosses.

Lol.... what's w/ you wanting to end routes at prospect park subway ?

I'll try to be constructive/ help out a bit.... I wouldn't bother w/ trying to fill that gap in service up on ocean; the brighton line & the B41 are too close to that part of ocean.... At least you have this running on 16th av (instead of 20th like one of your last proposals).... If you don't want to have the "B23" serve another market east of flatbush, you could simply have this 16th av route be a "coverage" route starting at Ditmas (F) or Church av (F)(G) (better than the old suggestions of extending B67's down 16th), or simply having the route begin where the old 23 did over on flatbush/cortelyou.....

^^ In other words, you could have it do:

- flatbush/cortelyou to 18th av (D) [via 16th av, via cortelyou rd]

- ditmas av (F) to 18th av (D) [via 16th av]

- church av (F)/(G) to 18th av (D) [via mcdonald av, via 16th av]

I'd be open to it. Depends on whether we have any idea if it would get used. How's the B8 do down on Ave D?

If you send it down Clarendon, might as well make it go all the way and have it go to Brookdale Hospital, Canarsie or Spring Creek.

B8 definitely gets good usage along Av. D.....

As for where the "B23" should be sent due east, I would send it to Canarsie (L).... Threxx has a "B23" plan ending at Gateway mall, IINM...

I believe someone else does have a "B23" plan ending at Brookdale...... You can search/skim through this thread if you're bored enough, but plans on what could/should be done w/ that route was already mentioned/discussed.....

B35 via church said:

....and his Av. P LTD route runs b/w kings hwy subway & somewhere in SI.....

I'll probably dig up the e-mail sometime tomorrow & edit this post (if the edit time doesn't run out, that is)....

Forgot about this....

This is his email copied & pasted.... I was wrong about his suggestion ending at the subway, but he has it doing:

From kings highway & nostrand av:

on kings highway [R] on coney island av [L] on av p [R] on stillwell [L] on bay ridge pkwy [L] on 4th av [L] on 92nd st [R] on verrazano bridge entrance [R] exit on narrows rd north [R] targee st ends at vanderbilt av

From targee st & vanderbilt av:

on vanderbilt av [L] richmond rd [L] narrows road south [L] on verrazano bridge entrance (R) exit on dahlgren pl [L] 92nd st [L] 5th av [R] 94th st [R] 4th av [R] bay ridge pkwy [R] stillwell av [L] av p [R] coney island av [L] kings hwy ends at nostrand av

edit: had to convert parentheses to brackets....

Edited by B35 via Church

So we've concluded that there are about fifteen B23 routes on this thread, all probably better than the one the MTA ran. Lovely.

If you want to take a look at mine exactly as I routed it:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213458373195564989412.0004c3750fbdde7be4805&msa=0

This route also provides coverage to the new development over @ Gateway Mall.

I made this route a while back, but I never showed it here, this is a B71 replacement...

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213458373195564989412.0004d2ca3116a8ece8b33&msa=0

The point of this route is to provide easier transport getting around Prospect Park, something which was severed in 2010, while providing more coverage to Empire Blvd, which does get crowded w/the B43. The final leg connects gives Canarsie a second connection to the Crown Heights area, an alternative to the unreliable B17.

Edited by Threxx

If you want to take a look at mine exactly as I routed it:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213458373195564989412.0004c3750fbdde7be4805&msa=0

This route also provides coverage to the new development over @ Gateway Mall.

I made this route a while back, but I never showed it here, this is a B71 replacement...

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213458373195564989412.0004d2ca3116a8ece8b33&msa=0

The point of this route is to provide easier transport getting around Prospect Park, something which was severed in 2010, while providing more coverage to Empire Blvd, which does get crowded w/the B43. The final leg connects gives Canarsie a second connection to the Crown Heights area, an alternative to the unreliable B17.

Or we can just make B17 more reliable. By better dispatching and bustime. But interesting concept I like it.

That B18 concept interests me. People from Sunset Park can have the option to go further east and to the Gateway Center, of course. Even out the riders between Nostrand Avenue & Kings Highway as a helping hand for the B8 makes sense in way. Foster Avenue can be possible use for a new route as well as running on Linden Blvd. B71 options is well done too. The common sense of that route for the rush hour would be for people to use (2)(5) off Sterling Street, if they want some smooth, I guess. And I also have friend that work at the Wendy's on Flatbush/Empire Blvd who can use a bus route from Rockaway Avenue/Kings Hwy lol. Put those on the map and Brooklyn will have more variety. Approve! ^_^

I would see either the B14 or B17 extended to the Grand Army Plaza, via Eastern Parkway, if possible. The northbound B17 can turns left from Troy Avenue to drop off riders at Kingston Avenue or Franklin Avenue. For those who want the Library and coming from East New York, use B14 all the way.

Edited by Metro CSW

That B18 concept interests me. People from Sunset Park can have the option to go further east and to the Gateway Center, of course. Even out the riders between Nostrand Avenue & Kings Highway as a helping hand for the B8 makes sense in way. Foster Avenue can be possible use for a new route as well as running on Linden Blvd. B71 options is well done too. The common sense of that route for the rush hour would be for people to use (2)(5) off Sterling Street, if they want some smooth, I guess. And I also have friend that work at the Wendy's on Flatbush/Empire Blvd who can use a bus route from Rockaway Avenue/Kings Hwy lol. Put those on the map and Brooklyn will have more variety. Approve! ^_^

I would see either the B14 or B17 extended to the Grand Army Plaza, via Eastern Parkway, if possible. The northbound B17 can turns left from Troy Avenue to drop off riders at Kingston Avenue or Franklin Avenue. For those who want the Library and coming from East New York, use B14 all the way.

I see what you're saying with the B14 and B17, but the B14 is already a pretty long route, and the B17 is already unreliable. Before that route gets extended anywhere it needs some help.

I see what you're saying with the B14 and B17, but the B14 is already a pretty long route, and the B17 is already unreliable. Before that route gets extended anywhere it needs some help.

You're right about the B14. I still stand by with my B17 idea. I ride it everyday. Overall, you have a valid point.