Brooklyn Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

B36 Via Ave U

Want to know why? Because it turns out few people use it to the Postal Facility. LOL that place is actually dead. I used to think a good amount of people use it to there but I found out actually only few do. Rerouting it to Rockaway Boulevard (A) actually would provide more transfer options such as the (A) train, Q11/21, Q41, Q52/53 LTD, and Q112.

What could be done instead is terminate the B14 by the multiplex and Spring Creek Gardens, where it used to terminate back in the day. What I would also want to do with the B14 is consider whether or not the route should run along Eldert Lane both ways between Sutter and Linden...or ask the DOT for a waiver that would permit the B14 to use the fire station curb access to get to Linden Boulevard eastbound from Lincoln Avenue.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I remember. The sad part is it's Gateway via the Post Office. The only reasonable extension is Lindenwood.

To be honest that is a good idea.

Sigh. This is why there needs to be an age limit for the internet.

Also, one of these days I'll think of some way to make that B102 thing work. Looking at the (MTA) cross-Brooklyn route stuff, I don't know if there's that much left to fill in, but I'll think of something.

It can work JFK Airtrain can be a transfer point. This line can serve Clarkson and serve hospitals and residents nearby around that area and that with direct linden service would make the line perfect.

When I proposed the B14 reroute to Rockaway Blvd, you disagreed with it. Now, you proposing the same thing....

Lol.......

Ok B14 extension better than Q112 idea.

B103 reroute to bring it to Barclays Center northbound: Instead of 3 Avenue on the nonstop section, run via 4 Avenue instead...right at Pacific, left at Atlantic. The first stop in the downtown Brooklyn area would be the stop used by the B41, B45, and B67. Southbound, the B103 stop would be moved closer to Pacific Street.

Want to know why? Because it turns out few people use it to the Postal Facility. LOL that place is actually dead. I used to think a good amount of people use it to there but I found out actually only few do. Rerouting it to Rockaway Boulevard (A) actually would provide more transfer options such as the (A) train, Q11/21, Q41, Q52/53 LTD, and Q112.

Lol.....

*Beats Dead Horse*

Another B102 attempt.

http://goo.gl/maps/PlSnK

EDIT: Slight mistake with a small one-way street error on north end. Too lazy to correct. You know how it would go correctly.

I would make modifications to the route. Instead of cutting across Clarkson all the way, I would have the B102 turn right on Utica Avenue and then left on Clarendon Road (additional destinations served would be Nazareth Regional High School and the Tilden Educational Complex), continuing on Ditmas Avenue and then a right on Remsen Avenue (keeping service to Canarsie Plaza as per your plan). Eastbound, the B102 should use Glenwood Road/Cozine Avenue from Remsen Avenue straight to Elton Street (and westbound to East 103 Street) and make a right there to go into the new housing tract there. The eastern end of the route should be left open, because when Gateway North is complete, all of the routes serving Gateway Mall will pull directly into the mall except for the B83.

Good idea, but I'd tweak it. Operationally, assign it to Gleason and move the B4 to Ulmer Park and half of the B43 to Grand Avenue.

Edited by aemoreira81

*Beats Dead Horse*

Another B102 attempt.

http://goo.gl/maps/PlSnK

EDIT: Slight mistake with a small one-way street error on north end. Too lazy to correct. You know how it would go correctly.

I remember you mentioning a B102 a while back, but I don't know what it entailed (off-top) enough to compare this rendition to your original rendition.... But anyway, couple questions....

- What current riders/riderbase off other routes this route would run along are you attempting to draw in with your "B102"?

(who's current commute do you think/know your route would assist)

- Is this a service that would simply layer a couple of current routes, or do you have some changes in mind (not yet posted) that'd attempt to fix the network in the affected areas where your route would better tie into it?

I'm not asking this to be snide or dismissive, I actually want to know what your thought process is upon drawing up the route (before I comment on it)..... Because just looking at the map, my thoughts are mixed (to be honest)......

I would make modifications to the route. Instead of cutting across Clarkson all the way, I would have the B102 turn right on Utica Avenue and then left on Clarendon Road (additional destinations served would be Nazareth Regional High School and the Tilden Educational Complex), continuing on Ditmas Avenue and then a right on Remsen Avenue (keeping service to Canarsie Plaza as per your plan).

Eastbound, the B102 should use Glenwood Road/Cozine Avenue from Remsen Avenue straight to Elton Street (and westbound to East 103 Street) and make a right there to go into the new housing tract there. The eastern end of the route should be left open, because when Gateway North is complete, all of the routes serving Gateway Mall will pull directly into the mall except for the B83.

Good idea, but I'd tweak it.

Clarendon.... Nazareth.... Tilden....

You're bastardizing his idea, not tweaking it... lol...

I don't think Spring Creek has room for another route...and the deadhead from ENY to Gateway Mall would be too long. The B16 deadheads from Lefferts Gardens, as does the B43 currently.

ehh on the DH argument (which you've been way too stuck on as of late).....

As far as spring creek not having enough room, I'm not buying it.... JG having room for another route isn't anymore apparent than SC not having said room... I mean, look at what you're coming up with, just to have the guy's route run out of JG (B4's back to UP & B43's split b/w JG & Grand) - Really now.....

Weren't you the same person that suggested the B64 operate out of Gleason?

Now you're bringing up Culver's route (should) run out of Gleason....

I think JG is on the ball operationally also, but I don't have a problem w/ running Culver's B102 out of SC....

The 16 deadheads from Bay Ridge not Lefferts Gardens

For the most part, I have to agree with this.... Over there by Parkside over the years, I have noticed way more JG buses DH-ing to prospect park subway than from it)..... If you're saying 16's are DH-ing from Bay Ridge, this would correlate to my findings on/towards the opposite end of the route....

In a nutshell make B84 do this via linden Blvd to remsen then via that route you have going on.

For what? It would defeat the purpose of the (the real) B84.....

Edited by B35 via Church

We're still on this put buses on Linden Blvd tip?

That part of linden is just a quick way to link JFK or gateway with lefferts gardens areas don't bother with (A) cause it sucks. It's better than the duplicate routing he has going on via remsen and flatlands you can have B6 Ltds go via flatlands to gateway on select runs. The rest should go back to ENY with local services past rockaway parkway reduced and most back to original terminal. Those for gateway stay on it with those on remark using B17& B6 after extending ltd trips. This new routing is slow for no reason.

Edited by qjtransitmaster

That part of linden is just a quick way to link JFK or gateway with lefferts gardens areas don't bother with (A) cause it sucks. It's better than the duplicate routing he has going on via remsen and flatlands you can have B6 Ltds go via flatlands to gateway on select runs. The rest should go back to ENY with local services past rockaway parkway reduced and most back to original terminal. Those for gateway stay on it with those on remark using B17& B6 after extending ltd trips. This new routing is slow for no reason.

I guess you didn't read on why there shouldn't be any type of bus service on Linden Blvd

I remember you mentioning a B102 a while back, but I don't know what it entailed (off-top) enough to compare this rendition to your original rendition.... But anyway, couple questions....

- What current riders/riderbase off other routes this route would run along are you attempting to draw in with your "B102"?

(who's current commute do you think/know your route would assist)

- Is this a service that would simply layer a couple of current routes, or do you have some changes in mind (not yet posted) that'd attempt to fix the network in the affected areas where your route would better tie into it?

I'm not asking this to be snide or dismissive, I actually want to know what your thought process is upon drawing up the route (before I comment on it)..... Because just looking at the map, my thoughts are mixed (to be honest)......

Haha, I take no offense. This route was half-assed. The (MTA) had that cross-town routes thing on their presentations about future routes, so I was thinking along those lines. I originally wanted the line to continue west at prospect park and down Ft. Hamilton Parkway. I don't remember if I posted that one. But yeah, this isn't a well-thought-out proposal.

Haha, I take no offense. This route was half-assed. The (MTA) had that cross-town routes thing on their presentations about future routes, so I was thinking along those lines. I originally wanted the line to continue west at prospect park and down Ft. Hamilton Parkway. I don't remember if I posted that one. But yeah, this isn't a well-thought-out proposal.

True

But you would benefit many along Clarkson and around the lefferts gardens area with a direct service to JFK and queens should it go all the way. The (A) is horrible on it's branch lines. Many more people are now travelling between brooklyn and queens and routes like these would be very helpful just look deeper into queens and surrounding lines and you can make a winner out of it.

I guess you didn't read on why there shouldn't be any type of bus service on Linden Blvd

You mean bull shit?

Edited by qjtransitmaster

Vis a vis a route from the west serving Gateway Mall...might a simpler idea involve sending B6 Limited-stop service when it is running to Gateway Mall, extending the hours for the B6 Limited as a result? The B6 local would continue to run to and from New Lots Avenue (3)(4). Additional Limited stops would be added as follows: EB: East 103 Street (to serve the post office), East 108 Street (central to Breukelen Houses), Pennsylvania Avenue, Van Siclen Avenue (central as possible to the Linden and Boulevard Houses) and MeadowWood West, Jerome Street (right turn - B6 and B84 stop added), and then down the B84 route to Gateway Mall.

WB: All stops to Van Siclen Avenue, then: Pennsylvania Avenue, East 108 Street, East 103 Street, and East 98 Street.

Edited by aemoreira81

Then give us three good reasons why there should be more bus service on Linden Blvd then what it is now at all.

While I do agree that sending the B84 down Linden is a terrible idea, it does need a bus route that runs down the length if it because the area lacks necessary coverage imo.

Edited by Q90

While I do agree that sending the B84 down Linden is a terrible idea, it does need a bus route that runs down the length if it because the area lacks necessary coverage imo.

Didn't we have this discussion before on why Linden doesn't need bus service...