Foxie's LIRR Photos 2012

• 3 weeks later...

Hate the M7

theres about 700 or so M7s and only about 130 or so M3s so i'm wayyy more likely to wind up with them. I know they get boring after a while, but im also interested in getting photos of each line and I gotta take what comes hehe. When I have time ill look into railfanning during the evening rush and hope for some M3s.

Even Metro North which has a more even split of M7As and M3As i still get mostly M7As there, and I only wind up seeing M3As when they parked in Grand Central.

theres about 700 or so M7s and only about 130 or so M3s so i'm wayyy more likely to wind up with them. I know they get boring after a while, but im also interested in getting photos of each line and I gotta take what comes hehe. When I have time ill look into railfanning during the evening rush and hope for some M3s.

I don't hate the fact that they happen more often, just that some are ridiculously dirty, and the M3s are more likable

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The one thing that's good about M7s (as shown above) is their shininess and the ability to reflect stuff. Like how the one on the right reflects the red light makes it pretty cool.

The one thing that's good about M7s (as shown above) is their shininess and the ability to reflect stuff. Like how the one on the right reflects the red light makes it pretty cool.

I am pretty sure that the M3 can also reflect light like that as well since they are both steel on the outside

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

That 7106 train looks similar to the trains we get on the Hudson Line on MetroNorth...

I'm also surprised that some LIRR stations look so decrepit. Considering how expensive the rides are you would think they would keep up some of the stations more, or are some stations in more run down areas? Where I've used LIRR, the stations have been presentable... Huntington, Mineola, etc.

That 7106 train looks similar to the trains we get on the Hudson Line on MetroNorth...

I'm also surprised that some LIRR stations look so decrepit. Considering how expensive the rides are you would think they would keep up some of the stations more, or are some stations in more run down areas? Where I've used LIRR, the stations have been presentable... Huntington, Mineola, etc.

the M7s are very similar to the ones used on metro north, the difference is the paint on the front, the seating arrangement, and the third rail contact method.

As for the stations, many many of the LIRR stations are looking very shabby compared to Metro North. My home station is filled with rusted columns, peeling paint, and cracked concrete.

the M7s are very similar to the ones used on metro north, the difference is the paint on the front, the seating arrangement, and the third rail contact method.

As for the stations, many many of the LIRR stations are looking very shabby compared to Metro North. My home station is filled with rusted columns, peeling paint, and cracked concrete.

Wow.... I wonder why that is... Yeah, my two home stations are pretty decent looking. Are the M7s the ones that sway back and forth a lot on the LIRR?

Archived