Joseph Lhota wants city to share cash generated from bus lanes enforcement

Acela Express

THE MTA is poised to boost bus-lane enforcement on First and Second Aves. — a step that’s long overdue — but only if the city agrees to share the income with the transit agency.

Metropolitan Transportation Authority Chairman Joseph Lhota refused to sign off on the purchase of the bus-lane enforcement cameras for the M15 Select route after staffers told him all the ticket revenue would go to city coffers, sources said last night.

Read more: http://www.nydailyne...5#ixzz1xplC1XpV

People still don't get it I see...

"The NYPD issued about 27,000 tickets for various bus-lane violations on the 17-mile route between October and early June, police said. The DOT also installed about a dozen stationary cameras along the route."

Oh please, this is all political grandstanding. You think in a deal this complex with city agencies and the MTA being forced to work together, there haven't been serious discussions about where the revenue would go. I'm sure Lhota wasn't just blindsided by this "news."

I also got a laugh out of the picture on the top of the Daily News article, supposedly of a car illegally blocking the bus lane- it is clearly a car getting towed by an NYPD tow truck lol.

lmao @ that pic.... Really now...

Sure, because someone would park adjacent to a concrete barricade where construction is ongoing..... Because that's where a bus lane would be painted !

Is that the best image the Daily News could come up with to portray that headline in pictoral form ???

That's like taking a picture of a fight at some subway station & implicating that the MTA supports violence.....

What they need to do is repaint the lanes along Fordham Road.

I was at the SBS41 meeting last month, and asked that question to the MTA officials. Funny thing is that they said, is that NYCDOT won't replace the lanes until after 5-8 years. Of course, they could be wrong about that, since they are not NYCDOT. But right now, they are trying to convert to some other type of lane scheme that will last longer. Currently on 1st and 2nd Aves..

Archived