Question about seats

Abba

Talking about seats though, I wonder if certain riders avoid sitting in certain seats on the subway depending on where they're located? I notice for example that a lot of folks like end seats for whatever reason and I also see lots of folks flock to those wheelchair seats that snap up (really annoying BTW <_< on the (4)(5)(6) line) when you get up.

Talking about seats though, I wonder if certain riders avoid sitting in certain seats on the subway depending on where they're located? I notice for example that a lot of folks like end seats for whatever reason and I also see lots of folks flock to those wheelchair seats that snap up (really annoying BTW <_< on the (4)(5)(6) line) when you get up.

Cuz those wheelchair seats are basically single seats

...although there have been cases where I've seen people try to squeeze on there next to someone

Back on the topic of seats . . . it really does depend on how many stops I'm going, the train I'm on, etc. For example, I wouldn't squeeze into a seat to only go three stops. I would also rather get a view from the front of an R32 or 42 than squeeze into a seat.

Well, if all the bums can be kicked out of the system, it'd mean more seats for the rest of us. They take up at least 2 seats and cause half the car to be empty as ppl don't want to put up with the smell.

lol... Hell I still have images of running for the (6) train at Grand Central and there were two bums in the car I got in sitting at opposite ends of the car and I was stuck in that damn car until 33rd street standing there in the middle of the car with some other victims because we all ran and got on before the doors closed, and there was no way I was walking by them. The entire car was desolate with just them and us in the middle. One guy was covered literally from head to toe with newspaper and was using the car as his personal house... And the other one smelled so bad that I didn't even look in his direction... Long story short, I've had the worst experiences with seats and bums on the Lex. line, especially the (6) train. Have had to run literally from cars on at least two occasions.

My only real gripe is those damn bucket seats. Can't stand bucket seats. Are they meant to be torture devices?

Plus on trains with tranverse seating such as on the R46 cars, I cant sit down because it seems the seats are designed for migits. It does'nt help for many average public transit riders who are closer to 6 feet in height.

I guess that's why I have to stand alot.

I would also decide based on the people on either side of the gap....if they are clean and appear alert, and not too large, I might excuse myself and slip into the gap. Otherwise, I would probably rather stand. Of course if they are attractive females, then I would definitely squeeze in..... :)

Archived