Question about seats

Abba

So let's say your on an r42 J train.most benches can hold 6 people.when you get on you see 5 people sitting with a little room in between 2.Do you try to squeeze or do you stand?

depends on the size of the people, where they come from, and how tired I am

how bad they smell, if they'll have the manners to sit up and make room or slouch over on you, if they might get violent because you say excuse me

That's how they look, not where they come from...

I'd stand always on the subway. Too dirty for my liking. On MetroNorth I will sit only if I have no one next to me. On the express bus if it is crowded and someone wants to sit next to me, as long as the person doesn't smell and isn't obese then I don't mind, but once seats start opening up, I usually give off the vibe that it's time to move. If they don't get it I will ask them to move elsewhere. I mean I'm really not wild about being squeezed next to some stranger. However, I have had folks sit next to me and didn't ask them to move if they smelled nice and were overall pleasing to sit next to and I had some leg room and such. Ideally if a person is attractive it makes it more tolerable and I don't mind it, esp. if the trade off is that I won't have as much room to stretch out for my long legs. For the local bus I'd rather just stand. I've had a few chicks squeeze next to me and it wasn't the most pleasant ride. They didn't smell, but they were warm, which is annoying when it is hot outside.

I'd stand always on the subway. Too dirty for my liking.

Really? It would shock you to know that the express buses aren't much better. I'm just saying, I don't really expect that much out of it...

Really? It would shock you to know that the express buses aren't much better. I'm just saying, I don't really expect that much out of it...

That depends on the line. The X10 for example is pretty dirty for an express bus. The Riverdale buses are pretty clean esp. when you consider that most of them are 8 years old. I do the same thing with the local buses... The Lex. Av buses are fllthy so I usually stand unless it is a new bus.

What do you care, it means there is another seat for you, hehe. Look at the positive.

Not really since to my knowledge he lives in Philadelphia... But in any event yeah, who cares. I mean plenty of people chose to stand for whatever reason. There is no law saying that you must sit down if you don't want to.

Not really since to my knowledge he lives in Philadelphia... But in any event yeah, who cares. I mean plenty of people chose to stand for whatever reason. There is no law saying that you must sit down if you don't want to.

What does living in Philadelphia have to do with it?

Archived