300-pound Texas 12-year-old ruled too big to play Pee Wee football

YankeesPwnMets

http://sports.yahoo....-110106589.html

You know what? I agree. If I had a 12 year old kid, I wouldn't want him playing against a 6ft, 300 pound kid and have him steam rolled over like that. He'd probably end up in the ER. The 300 pound kid should be playing against kids his own size. What skill are you going to learn by running over kids half your size?

Even if he was only an offensive linemen, there is no way a 100 pound defensive linemen would be able to go through a linemen over 3 times his weight. I think it makes it unfair and I am sure every kid on the opposition would be scared to death to line up across from him

Well apparently it's not his weight that is affecting his play time, it's his age. Either way I can see both views. It's a tough one in my book, I wouldn't sit someone down because of this. But then I wouldn't want my kid stampeded by a 300lb-er.

http://sports.yahoo....-110106589.html

You know what? I agree. If I had a 12 year old kid, I wouldn't want him playing against a 6ft, 300 pound kid and have him steam rolled over like that. He'd probably end up in the ER. The 300 pound kid should be playing against kids his own size. What skill are you going to learn by running over kids half your size?

Even if he was only an offensive linemen, there is no way a 100 pound defensive linemen would be able to go through a linemen over 3 times his weight. I think it makes it unfair and I am sure every kid on the opposition would be scared to death to line up across from him

lol... And what "kid" is 6'0" and 300 lbs??

Wow :o ? I am a sure a HS coach will try to recurit that big boy lol right now. It's one thing to be big (I am 6 ft 5inches 250 pounds)but at 12 years old? Unless he loses the weight asap he will likely have big time health problems as an adult.

Anyone who is a NFL fan notice the scary high # of former Offensive Lineman who was EXTRA EXTRA big who dont live to see past their 5oth birthday. For those old enough to remember William the "Fridge" Perry who won a super bowl as a rookie. Now 20-plus years after his career ended, he has tons of health problems. Hope seriously the kid's parents in this story are paying attention to the shortned life of "Bigger size" NFL players and people as a whole that overweight. :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW8oLACFp4E

Well rules are rules and you have to play by the rules of the game literally. This kid also needs to lose some of that weight too, cause being a heavyweight isn't as good as some think. Believe me I would know......

Well apparently it's not his weight that is affecting his play time, it's his age. Either way I can see both views. It's a tough one in my book, I wouldn't sit someone down because of this. But then I wouldn't want my kid stampeded by a 300lb-er.

If he was allowed to play, I can imagine the parents of the injured kids wanting to sue the parents of that kid and the school for letting him play. Now if he wasn't allowed to play, I could imagine the parents wanting to sue the school for 'discrimination' for preventing the kid to play. Either way, if it goes the legal direction, the lawyers win. - yes, call me a cynic.

If he was allowed to play, I can imagine the parents of the injured kids wanting to sue the parents of that kid and the school for letting him play. Now if he wasn't allowed to play, I could imagine the parents wanting to sue the school for 'discrimination' for preventing the kid to play. Either way, if it goes the legal direction, the lawyers win. - yes, call me a cynic.

Basically this is it, it goes both ways.

Also what 7th graders plays Pee-Wee? Dude... you're only TWO years away from High School...wait it out and you're definitely gonna be a offensive/defensive linemen during your Freshman year... not many HS freshman are 300 pounds (then again, I was in HS in the 90s)

Also what 7th graders plays Pee-Wee? Dude... you're only TWO years away from High School...wait it out and you're definitely gonna be a offensive/defensive linemen during your Freshman year... not many HS freshman are 300 pounds (then again, I was in HS in the 90s)

I graduated HS in 1991! Someone like that young man would been on a talk show like Oprah Jerry Springer etc. back then for "teens being too fat." Now what sad while 300 pounds is still way too heavy for a 12 year old boy, it not shocking anymore in 2012!

Archived