new B6 service pattern

limitednyc

There is talk going around Ulmer Park that the TA is going

to be switching the LTD back to New Lotts Ave and

the local only going to Rockaway Pkwy.

The way it used to be.

By far the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Glad that the MTA saw this as a big mistake to switch service patterns.

Now (2 things)

1) Who's your source?

2) When will this take effect?

By far the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Glad that the MTA saw this as a big mistake to switch service patterns.

Now (2 things)

1) Who's your source?

2) When will this take effect?

I totally agree it was the dumbest idea.

And as for my source, it was/is a few drivers at Ulmer Park.

And from what I heard they are talking about changing
back for the Spring Pick, which is in April.

Very illogical move #1 all East New York bound Limited buses went local after Rockaway Parkway Station I still want to know what was the rationale behind this and why wasn't there any public hearings in regards to scaling back/curtailing Limited stop service

I'm guessing this was supposed to be a service reduction (by having less frequent local service go out to New Lots instead of the Limited). I'm also wondering if the MTA wanted to nudge some of the B6 riders on the Ashford going to the subway onto the B84 (but since this change happened 10 months before the B84 started up, it would probably just be an extremely small bonus, too small to really matter)

Also, I believe the MTA is only required to hold hearings that affect service by 25 percent or more (under state guidelines). So a change like this, which is basically just reducing service between Canarsie and New Lots, would be too minor to require a hearing.

Archived