Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Shortline Bus

"E" train plauged by suicide attempts over the weekend (2/23-24/13)

Sunday fatal suicide attempt http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/suicide-train-article-1.1272035

And Monday story.

A man survived a suicidal leap in front of a Queens subway train Monday morning — the eighth person injured or killed by a train since Wednesday.

The man leapt in front of a Manhattan-bound E train passing through the Northern Blvd. station in Woodside about 5:30 a.m., officials said. He was rushed to Elmhurst Hospital in serious condition.

There has been a rash of men jumping in front of trains since Wednesday. Most recently, a man jumped in front of a World Trade Center-bound E train at the 23rd St. station about 9:25 a.m. Sunday and died at the scene

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/suicide-big-e-train-article-1.1272613#ixzz2LviQinO9

Hmm, I wonder if this is a particularly stressful time of the year for some people or what. Maybe pre-tax day or something? Then again, the average is about 1 12-9 (or attempted 12-9) per day, so this isn't such a huge increase. 

• Upvote 1

This is just the media getting to it. These things happen all the time. BTW, was there one at Spring (R) this weekend? I saw an (R) stopped halfway through the station, downtown. Then at 42nd, I saw a downtown (N) on the express track.

• Upvote 1

Seems to frequent to me even if they do happen this frequently... Comes as no surprise though.... City is becoming more and more expensive and folks can't find jobs.