Waiting forever for the Bx3...+4898 and more (3/1/13)

Nice pics!

As for the lack of Bx3's, try going to the first stop. Sometimes the dispatcher sends them straight to the Bronx, bypassing that whole 181st Street mess.

One time I got on a Bx3 there and the dispatcher made the B/O skip the 181 stops, in service! Looped around the outside of the GWB bus station, went across 178, left on Amsterdam, then went right to the bridge. Saved us all a good 20 minutes that day, I kid you not.

Thanks to all who viewed and commented!

Nice pics!

As for the lack of Bx3's, try going to the first stop. Sometimes the dispatcher sends them straight to the Bronx, bypassing that whole 181st Street mess.

One time I got on a Bx3 there and the dispatcher made the B/O skip the 181 stops, in service! Looped around the outside of the GWB bus station, went across 178, left on Amsterdam, then went right to the bridge. Saved us all a good 20 minutes that day, I kid you not.

I've seen Bx3's go OOS to the Bronx but never seen one go in service into the Bx via 178th bypassing all the other Manhattan stops.

• 7 months later...

If using 178th that much faster, then maybe it should be the official route. Write in a suggestion on the MTA web site.

Archived