Today's goods!

ttcsubwayfan

Thanks guys!

Does totonto have a detailed system map of their area that shows detailed routing of GO transit routes and local buses I will hurt my brain trying to comprehend such an extensive network.

I admit the schedules of GO transit bus lines are vastly improved and are much easier to read now.

YEAH!!!!! COOL!! yea OK ALRIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JK!!!!!!!! :D

Um... thanks?? LOL

Does totonto have a detailed system map of their area that shows detailed routing of GO transit routes and local buses I will hurt my brain trying to comprehend such an extensive network.

I admit the schedules of GO transit bus lines are vastly improved and are much easier to read now.

You should find what you're looking for here: http://ttc.ca/Routes/General_Information/Maps/System.jsp

Cool pics and vids! Is that a different RTS model? It seems to me that it has a flatter front than the ones here (T80-206).

Thanks!

The RTSes here are also T80-206s, but with WFDs - maybe that's why it looks different?

Nice shots!!!!

Great ones! Like seeing how those RTS-06WFDs and Orion 5s are running strong!

Thanks!

The Orion Vs are going to be retiring next year, and the RTSes afterwards (maybe 2-3 years, I think?). These Orion Vs actually look quite decent because the commission is decent to them and they don't run on weekends - there are 50 of them, 9400-9449. There's another 135, 7000-7134 which still run every day on some of the city's busiest routes, and they look like crap, from what I've been told. Last time I saw one was in November 2011 - since then, I've only focused on the 9400s, as they have a superior powertrain (Cummins M11 instead of DD S50) and they used to be CNGs, and overall they're the better buses.

Thanks!

The Orion Vs are going to be retiring next year, and the RTSes afterwards (maybe 2-3 years, I think?). These Orion Vs actually look quite decent because the commission is decent to them and they don't run on weekends - there are 50 of them, 9400-9449. There's another 135, 7000-7134 which still run every day on some of the city's busiest routes, and they look like crap, from what I've been told. Last time I saw one was in November 2011 - since then, I've only focused on the 9400s, as they have a superior powertrain (Cummins M11 instead of DD S50) and they used to be CNGs, and overall they're the better buses.

They V's will start retiring end of the years ending into late 2014

They V's will start retiring end of the years ending into late 2014

Any evidence for that? From looking at the TTC's documents, I gathered that aside from unplanned retirements such as 7090 (structural failures), there will be no retirements for this year.

Any evidence for that? From looking at the TTC's documents, I gathered that aside from unplanned retirements such as 7090 (structural failures), there will be no retirements for this year.

Yeah there's internal documents.

Think about it with the 27 LFS artics coming for sure this year with the next order may show up before years end some of the worse V's will start to go by year end.

Yeah there's internal documents.

Which ones are these? I'd like to take a look at this.

Think about it with the 27 LFS artics coming for sure this year with the next order may show up before years end some of the worse V's will start to go by year end.

When are the LFSes due to start arriving?

Sorry to double post, but here's a shot I took today which I didn't feel warranted starting its own thread for:

img_5410.jpg

I love Orion Vs and I used to frequent this location many times as a child so it holds some nice sentimental value.

This shot is perfect dude. And believe me, I love heading back to my old 'hood as much as the next guy.

Archived