Legislator Solages Ride the Bus in Response to Compliants

If all of the monies that the (MTA) collected from city bridges (i.e. Verrazano especially with the astronomical $15.00 cash toll one way) actually went to fund transit here in the city, maybe the service cuts back in 2010 wouldn't have been as severe.  That bridge has been paid for 10 times over and the idea of there still being a toll on it when Staten Island residents were promised that it would be free once the bridge was paid for is highway robbery, esp. when a lot of that funding is siphoned to Long Island for the LIRR or in the past Long Island Bus.

The thing is bridge and tunnels colect money and you assume the money should bennifit ONLY nyc, how many cars and trucks going in and out of Long Island, only traveling through the city?  In cases like this, vehicles using the  Verazono to get to Long Island why should Staten Island  residents only reap the bennifits of this toll?  Because of geography?  Nassau and Suffolk Counties should be at the mercy of NYC because there is no other way onto Long Island?  Even all two counties of nyc share an island with nyc?

If any of the proppsed "Long Island Sound Links" were built I feel a majority of trucking companines serving Suffolk, Nassa, and maybe even Kings and Queens would enter Long Island throudgh CT and avoid the mess of the NYC, NJ, and their bridges!

The idea that funds from bridge/tunnel tolls should stay in NYC is insane because there is no other way on/off Long Island (besides using a ferry of course).

Now I do agree with Mangano that the (MTA) has bloated costs, but at the same time it wasn't like things were that much better under Long Island Bus, so my point is if NICE commuters want better service, they're going to have to pay for it either through higher taxes or higher fares.  Long Island has some of the highest taxes in the country, but nevertheless there is no way to cut corners anywhere and we're seeing this with NICE.

NICE/Veolia has proven it can do more per dollar than the (MTA) .  This proves with a proper budget NICE can do more while still making a profit.  I'm surprised this hasn't caused outrage within the city asking the (MTA) to show accountability!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing is bridge and tunnels colect money and you assume the money should bennifit ONLY nyc, how many cars and trucks going in and out of Long Island, only traveling through the city?  In cases like this, vehicles using the  Verazono to get to Long Island why should Staten Island  residents only reap the bennifits of this toll?  Because of geography?  Nassau and Suffolk Counties should be at the mercy of NYC because there is no other way onto Long Island?  Even all two counties of nyc share an island with nyc?

If any of the proppsed "Long Island Sound Links" were built I feel a majority of trucking companines serving Suffolk, Nassa, and maybe even Kings and Queens would enter Long Island throudgh CT and avoid the mess of the NYC, NJ, and their bridges!

The idea that funds from bridge/tunnel tolls should stay in NYC is insane because there is no other way on/off Long Island (besides using a ferry of course).

Well I certainly don't think the majority of the funds should be going to the LIRR that's for sure.  In other words, Staten Island residents shouldn't be paying exorbitant tolls just to see the majority of it not even go to help Staten Island and its transportation issues.  Same thing on Long Island... Fair is fair. 

NICE/Veolia has proven it can do more per dollar than the (MTA) .  This proves with a proper budget NICE can do more while still making a profit.  I'm surprised this hasn't caused outrage within the city asking the (MTA) to show accountability!

Well this is true, but it's clear that they need more funding, so the question is where is that going to come from or rather via what avenue? Higher taxes?? Higher fares??? 

Well I certainly don't think the majority of the funds should be going to the LIRR that's for sure.  In other words, Staten Island residents shouldn't be paying exorbitant tolls just to see the majority of it not even go to help Staten Island and its transportation issues.  Same thing on Long Island... Fair is fair. 

I don't feel bad the Staen Island Ferry is free,  maybe the Staten Island Ferry should collect a fare...

CUNY registration is extremely competitive and fills up quick. 

Off topic for a second but you are damn right 100%. The process of enrollment into the CUNY programs are a killer. Dog eat dog academic enviorment. In some of the CUNY community colleges you must maintain an A average just to survive like in the 2 year Nursing programs offered. Crazy. I know alot of collegues that transferred into the 4 year universities or into SUNY because they just could not handle the heat and intensity of some of the specialized 2 year associate degree programs within the City University of NY. 

Oh boo hoo for Staten Island.  You feel bad for them because they have to pay a fee to leave their Island but have no problem with charging Long Island residents for using the Verezono and feel the tolls paid by Long Island residents to get home should benifit Staen Island.  Absurd!

What do you guys think of the safety concerns?

I sort of agree. People waiting for buses late at night in Hempstead have no protection (ironically because Hempstead LIRR is adjacent to the stop). The HTC used to close down at night. Does anyone know if it still does?

Yes, the indoor waiting room for Hempstead Transit Center still closes at night. Not sure what time though.

Since the n6 is the only bus to use the terminal at night, I think it is open.

I believe he's talking about the indoor waiting room that does close at night.

Oh boo hoo for Staten Island.  You feel bad for them because they have to pay a fee to leave their Island but have no problem with charging Long Island residents for using the Verezono and feel the tolls paid by Long Island residents to get home should benifit Staen Island.  Absurd!

Um no... You misunderstood what I said... My point was Long Islanders should BENEFIT from the tolls that they pay to get home and the same should happen with Staten Island...

lol... The only thing I "depend" on when on Long Island is the LIRR to car service or have someone pick me up.  I would never use those NICE buses... Imagine meeting a client out there and being late... Oh sorry I'm two hours late... The NICE bus screwed up.  :lol:

Ha... ha.... ha...  Very funny...  <_<

NICE will never screw up LIKE THAT!!!! I think you want the dutchess LOOP for that LOL. Most of the time when you get off LIRR you will be running to make your NICE connection rather than waiting a long time. You will get to your client on time.I know I relied on nassau buses to get to shops with time frames on-time due to near above average but not perfect connections between the LIRR and NICE. Most likely you won't be on their least reliable routes anyway if you rely on the LIRR. Now suffolk yeah your screwed buddy unless you have my kind of luck with transit connections. And trust me I have huge luck with transit connections.

Only systems that f**ked me over fairfield CT due to un organized disaster of a bus network and HORRID branch service and AWFUL dutchess LOOP bus network which was one of the WORST I USED!!!! Not for reliability but for frequency  the schedule was complete shit the thing that made it more bitter to swallow was the fact that almost all rte 9 buses were crushloaded SRO on 90 min headways unacceptable. The only good thing about LOOP is on-time performance and that's it. You'd be surprised how well patronized buses up there are in dutchess it would leave you without speech.

Um no... You misunderstood what I said... My point was Long Islanders should BENEFIT from the tolls that they pay to get home and the same should happen with Staten Island...

Everyone should pay a fare share.  Staten Island gets a free ferry and free use of the Staten Island ferry while Long ISland (and even Queens) residents get gouged by the LIRR.  Maybe Long Island should benefit from the fares the MTA collects and allow the LIRR to be free within Long Island.  Or maybe a portion of the insane fares the MTA collects from the MTA should benefit both and Nassau and Suffolk counties?  Maybe to make a better bus system?

Everyone should pay a fare share.  Staten Island gets a free ferry and free use of the Staten Island ferry while Long ISland (and even Queens) residents get gouged by the LIRR.  Maybe Long Island should benefit from the fares the MTA collects and allow the LIRR to be free within Long Island.  Or maybe a portion of the insane fares the MTA collects from the MTA should benefit both and Nassau and Suffolk counties?  Maybe to make a better bus system?

Well Long Island is not part of NYC... You guys are a suburb of New York, so there's a difference here.  When I talked about Staten Island, I talked about it from being part of NYC. 

Well Long Island is not part of NYC... You guys are a suburb of New York, so there's a difference here.  When I talked about Staten Island, I talked about it from being part of NYC. 

I'm taling about the LIRR and you insist on wanting to make it a point Long Island is not a part of NYC.  Why?  Then the MTA SHOULD NOT serve anything beisdes NYC if you don't care what goes on beyond NYC.  Who cares if Nassau or Suffolk is part of NYC or not.  Many people  from Long Island travel into the city using MTA services as well as bridges and tunnels pumping money into the system.  Everyday from Long Island and get gouged by the LIRR for hundreds a month (and can't even get a free transfer when transfering from LIRR to another MTA system) while residents of Staten Island of get a free railway and a free ferry ride into the City.  Granted we are talking about different agencies here but something is wrong here.

You continually talk about if "Nassau paid it's fair share..." How many Nassau and Suffolk residents pump money into the system everyday by swiping their metrocard into the turnstyles in the morning and then again on the way home in the afternoon? 

I wish LIRR and MNRR would be seperated from the system so "believers" like you wold see that the probem is the system and how it's being managed not the agencies it operates outside of NYC!  What would you and the MTA do if it only operated in NYC and you couldn't blame the budget on "supporting" non city folk or because xyz won't pay it's fair share?

I'm taling about the LIRR and you insist on wanting to make it a point Long Island is not a part of NYC.  Why?  Then the MTA SHOULD NOT serve anything beisdes NYC if you don't care what goes on beyond NYC.  Who cares if Nassau or Suffolk is part of NYC or not.  Many people  from Long Island travel into the city using MTA services as well as bridges and tunnels pumping money into the system.  Everyday from Long Island and get gouged by the LIRR for hundreds a month (and can't even get a free transfer when transfering from LIRR to another MTA system) while residents of Staten Island of get a free railway and a free ferry ride into the City.  Granted we are talking about different agencies here but something is wrong here.

You continually talk about if "Nassau paid it's fair share..." How many Nassau and Suffolk residents pump money into the system everyday by swiping their metrocard into the turnstyles in the morning and then again on the way home in the afternoon? 

I wish LIRR and MNRR would be seperated from the system so "believers" like you wold see that the probem is the system and how it's being managed not the agencies it operates outside of NYC!  What would you and the MTA do if it only operated in NYC and you couldn't blame the budget on "supporting" non city folk or because xyz won't pay it's fair share?

lol... If you want to talk about "fair share", then let's be honest here... It's NYC that provides the generous salaries that Long Islanders receive to allow them to be able run out to Long Island and live the suburban life in the first place.  Long Island certainly could not supply the types of jobs nor the types of salaries that Long Islanders find here in NYC.  Same thing goes for Connecticut. We here in the city pay city taxes for our services in addition to NY State taxes, and that includes Staten Island, which is a part of NYC, unlike Long Island.  City residents do not receive the amount of services that we should considering what we pay in taxes.  

City residents should be paying tolls and taxes that should go back to the city (i.e. Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island and the Bronx). Considering that Long Island, Westchester, New Jersey and Connecticut residents reap the benefits of jobs here in the city, they should pay their fair share for their transportation.  In fact it's been an argument put out by the (MTA) hence why the suburban commuter tax was implemented, which Mangano fought to have removed citing Long Islanders being unfairly taxed, which is fine, but if you guys don't think you should pay your fair share for transportation that provides a way to get into the city and obtain city jobs, then don't sit there and cry about how underserved you guys are.  

The fact of the matter is the LIRR and MNRR are technically separate from the rest of the system because they were separate railroads previously to my understanding before they were put under control of the (MTA) and that's why they've remained separate.

Mangano has tried to be fiscally conservative with NICE cutting back funding from the operator and so this is the result... Either he raises taxes or gives NICE more money to operate with to provide more service.  There is really no way around it and if you want the LIRR to be more supplemented, then that means suburban commuters will have to pony up more by way of the commuter tax, otherwise the fares will continue to increase.

What do you guys think of the safety concerns?

I sort of agree. People waiting for buses late at night in Hempstead have no protection (ironically because Hempstead LIRR is adjacent to the stop). The HTC used to close down at night. Does anyone know if it still does?

Since the n6 is the only bus to use the terminal at night, I think it is open.

The terminal closes at 11 I think. After that, the remaining buses pick up and drop off by the LIRR station.

lol... If you want to talk about "fair share", then let's be honest here... It's NYC that provides the generous salaries that Long Islanders receive to allow them to be able run out to Long Island and live the suburban life in the first place.  Long Island certainly could not supply the types of jobs nor the types of salaries that Long Islanders find here in NYC.  Same thing goes for Connecticut. We here in the city pay city taxes for our services in addition to NY State taxes, and that includes Staten Island, which is a part of NYC, unlike Long Island.  City residents do not receive the amount of services that we should considering what we pay in taxes.  

City residents should be paying tolls and taxes that should go back to the city (i.e. Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island and the Bronx). Considering that Long Island, Westchester, New Jersey and Connecticut residents reap the benefits of jobs here in the city, they should pay their fair share for their transportation.  In fact it's been an argument put out by the (MTA) hence why the suburban commuter tax was implemented, which Mangano fought to have removed citing Long Islanders being unfairly taxed, which is fine, but if you guys don't think you should pay your fair share for transportation that provides a way to get into the city and obtain city jobs, then don't sit there and cry about how underserved you guys are.  

The fact of the matter is the LIRR and MNRR are technically separate from the rest of the system because they were separate railroads previously to my understanding before they were put under control of the (MTA) and that's why they've remained separate.

Mangano has tried to be fiscally conservative with NICE cutting back funding from the operator and so this is the result... Either he raises taxes or gives NICE more money to operate with to provide more service.  There is really no way around it and if you want the LIRR to be more supplemented, then that means suburban commuters will have to pony up more by way of the commuter tax, otherwise the fares will continue to increase.

This is the most idiotic thing I've read on this forumin 2013 and you had to compete with some real winners ;)  for that title congratulations.  There is no convincing the blind, to you and many like the city will always be losing money and having funds unjustly going to the suburbs instead of the city, so I'm done.  You need to get the idea out of your head that Long Island residents are "reaping the benefit" of jobs in the city.  The fact of the matter is that someone gets a job and chooses where to live.  So it's not that people of the suburbs are reaping the benefits of job in NYC but rather someone gets a job one area but chooses to live in another area.  That does not eternally make these people debtors of those who chose to live in the City, requiring the funds them to support the systems of those in the City (besides a portion of the transportation they use). 

Have you ever thought of what would happen to NYC if every chose to reside within the boundries of NYC if they because they worked there?  Real Estate would be more expensive than it is.  If the suburban families lived in NYC, they would require more space, making all of NYC a yuppie paradise that the current "average New Yorker" wouldn't be able to afford.  Where would these people go?

I have no idea how many live on Long Island and transfer to other MTA services after the LIRR.  Wikipedia says 81 million passengers use the LIRR every year so lets assume only half reside on Long Island and buy an unlimited metrocard to get to and from work after using the LIRR.  $112 x 12 months = $1,344 x 40500000 riders per year = $54,432,000,000 in addition to what is paid to the (MTA) LIRR!!!!!!

That's at least $50 BILLION Long Island Commuters kick into the (MTA) just to get to work!

This is the most idiotic thing I've read on this forumin 2013 and you had to compete with some real winners ;)  for that title congratulations.  There is no convincing the blind, to you and many like the city will always be losing money and having funds unjustly going to the suburbs instead of the city, so I'm done.  You need to get the idea out of your head that Long Island residents are "reaping the benefit" of jobs in the city.  The fact of the matter is that someone gets a job and chooses where to live.  So it's not that people of the suburbs are reaping the benefits of job in NYC but rather someone gets a job one area but chooses to live in another area.  That does not eternally make these people debtors of those who chose to live in the City, requiring the funds them to support the systems of those in the City (besides a portion of the transportation they use). 

Have you ever thought of what would happen to NYC if every chose to reside within the boundries of NYC if they because they worked there?  Real Estate would be more expensive than it is.  If the suburban families lived in NYC, they would require more space, making all of NYC a yuppie paradise that the current "average New Yorker" wouldn't be able to afford.  Where would these people go?

lol... So in other words it's okay for Long Islanders to take jobs that could be going to potential New Yorkers in the city, but Long Islanders should not provide any financial aid to the transportation system which they benefit from (i.e. local buses and subways, etc.)? You see we here in the city use the buses and subways but we pay a city tax which goes to things like transit and so on.  If the commuters from Long Island, Westchester and elsewhere can reap the benefits of the system then they too should chip in for it.  Fair is fair.  If it were me I would have the tourists pay a fee to ride the Staten Island ferry.  This would in turn lessen the burden on us city residents along with folks on Long Island and Westchester.

Just to summarize though, you think your fares on the LIRR should be cheaper, but you don't think Long Islanders should pay their fair share... Now like I said, if Mangano doesn't want the (MTA) running things out in Nassau fine, let another vendor like NICE provide the service but there is no cheap way out of providing service.  

I have no idea how many live on Long Island and transfer to other MTA services after the LIRR.  Wikipedia says 81 million passengers use the LIRR every year so lets assume only half reside on Long Island and buy an unlimited metrocard to get to and from work after using the LIRR.  $112 x 12 months = $1,344 x 40500000 riders per year = $54,432,000,000 in addition to what is paid to the (MTA) LIRR!!!!!!

That's at least $50 BILLION Long Island Commuters kick into the (MTA) just to get to work!

Let's say it is $50 billion... How much does the (MTA) kick into the LIRR and how much did they kick into Long Island Bus?? You think the LIRR is expensive now... Without the monies that the (MTA) collects from city residents through tolls, etc. your LIRR ride would be even more expensive.

I think this article below sums up my point very well...

Foolish court ruling against MTA payroll tax cannot stand Nassau judge bought dumb argument of County Executive Ed Mangano

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

SUNDAY, AUGUST 26, 2012, 4:10 AM
mta24e-1-web.jpg

MIKE STOBE/GETTY IMAGES  

Nassau County Exec Ed Mangano’s suit against MTA tax is a dagger aimed at the state economy.

Short-lived will be the victory celebrated by the suburban politicians who persuaded a Long Island judge to declare unconstitutional a payroll tax that keeps subways, buses and commuter rail lines operating.

Led by the huzzahs of irresponsible and ineffective Nassau County Executive Edward Mangano, the cheering will stop when an appeals court renders a verdict on the home-field decision of Nassau Supreme Court Justice Bruce Cozzens.

There is a high probability that less parochial legal minds will make short work of Cozzens’ ruling, at which point Mangano will have to return to his failed struggle to pull one of America’s wealthiest counties away from the brink of bankruptcy.

In the unlikely event that the courts uphold Cozzens, Mangano will have inflicted the hell of huge fare hikes and service cuts on his Long Island Rail Road-riding constituents, as well as on transit customers in the city. The guy is a moron.

In 2009, the national economic meltdown hammered the MTA by driving down its revenues from specially dedicated taxes.

Recognizing that mass transportation is vital to the health of the region and that the region is vital to the health of the state, the Legislature enacted a minuscule payroll tax, then adjusted it to address complaints by suburban employers.

The Mangano brigade challenged the levy with the cry that the MTA is nothing but a drain on the suburbs and that many of the businesses hit by the tax do not rely on mass transit. What they conveniently disregard is the fact that without affordable, reliable trains and buses, down goes the city, down go the counties, down go their businesses.

Cozzens’ ruling would slash MTA income by more than $1.8 billion a year out of total revenue of $12.5 billion. For perspective on what that means, when the agency was forced to find just $93 million in budget savings, it eliminated whole bus routes and cut service on 15 subway lines.

In declaring unconstitutional the law that imposed the tax, Cozzens said the Legislature overstepped by not requiring local governments to pass home-rule messages asking for the measure. Those messages are necessary when Albany gets involved with purely local matters, but not when lawmakers address a “substantial state concern.”

Cozzens, who grew up in Tonawanda, outside Buffalo, professed to see no such thing.

Never mind that the wealth generated by New York City supplies a hugely disproportional share of state government income and pays for expenses far beyond the MTA region. And never mind that the state has regulated transit since before there was a Nassau County. In 1891, Albany passed the Rapid Transit Act, creating the state Board of Rapid Transit Commissioners.

MTA Chairman Joe Lhota has warned that, if left to stand, Mangano’s handiwork will produce “extreme” fare hikes. One way or the other, his constituents will pay the price.

Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/foolish-court-ruling-mta-payroll-tax-stand-article-1.1144189

Let's say it is $50 billion... How much does the (MTA) kick into the LIRR and how much did they kick into Long Island Bus?? You think the LIRR is expensive now... Without the monies that the (MTA) collects from city residents through tolls, etc. your LIRR ride would be even more expensive.

Apples, oranges, and potatoes...  ...and seriously how often do you want to bring up what the (MTA) kicked into LIB?  That's not in the past, cry us a river, build a bridge, charge a toll, keep the toll money in the city and get over it already!  How much exactly did the MTA kick in per year? 

I don't know what the annual LIRR budget is I can'f find it quickly but let me just quickly assume half of the LIRR riders are paying a monthly fare of $200 that is $97,200,000,000...  Would you say it would be fair to assume the remaining half pay half that fare?  That's an additional $48,600,000,000...  We're talking about over $145 Billion in fares generated by the LIRR using low ball estimates, we're not talking about the grants/funding the system gets from the government..  (I'd love it someone could provide me numbers of the LIRR's operating budget, revenue from fares, and grants if anyone has it.

You sing this tune like the city is supporting a suburb that is not paying it's fair share, I don't see that from the $145 Billion in fares the LIRR generates plus the (at least) $50 Billion Long Island Residents pumps the MTA for unlimited metrocards.  But you're not capable for seeing anything beyond how you want to see them, so thanks for supporting us! :rolleyes:

Just to summarize though, you think your fares on the LIRR should be cheaper, but you don't think Long Islanders should pay their fair share...

Actually, no my point was to show Long Islanders pay a crazy amount while Staten Island residents get a free ride into Manhattan.  BTW, if that is so why shouldn't Brooklyn and Queens residents get a free shuttle of any sort into Manhattan?

I think I have done a fantastic job of showing Long Island residents pay more than fair share for the services they use.  If you want to talk about paying a fair share look into collecting a fare from Staten Island residnets (and keep it in the city)  using the ferry instead of thinking Long Island residents are shafting you.

For the record I think the LIRR (like most MTA systems) is a mess and should be restructured.

So in other words it's okay for Long Islanders to take jobs that could be going to potential New Yorkers in the city

Why should these jobs be going to "potential New Yorkers" over "Long Islanders"?  This is a screwed up way of looking at things, the job goes to the best candidate!  ...and as I said before the person who gets the job decides where to live.

but Long Islanders should not provide any financial aid to the transportation system which they benefit from (i.e. local buses and subways, etc.)?

Besides the $50 Billion (at least) they pay in fares for the system they use?

You see we here in the city use the buses and subways but we pay a city tax which goes to things like transit and so on.

...and the city residents use the buses and subways you mention a lot more often then those living on Long Island do, right?  ...and the city tax goes to a lot more than just transportation, doesn't it?

If the commuters from Long Island, Westchester and elsewhere can reap the benefits of the system then they too should chip in for it.

Like the $50 Billion (at least) Long Island commuters chip in fares for the metrocard?

Apples, oranges, and potatoes...  ...and seriously how often do you want to bring up what the (MTA) kicked into LIB?  That's not in the past, cry us a river, build a bridge, charge a toll, keep the toll money in the city and get over it already!  How much exactly did the MTA kick in per year? 

I don't know what the annual LIRR budget is I can'f find it quickly but let me just quickly assume half of the LIRR riders are paying a monthly fare of $200 that is $97,200,000,000...  Would you say it would be fair to assume the remaining half pay half that fare?  That's an additional $48,600,000,000...  We're talking about over $145 Billion in fares generated by the LIRR using low ball estimates, we're not talking about the grants/funding the system gets from the government..  (I'd love it someone could provide me numbers of the LIRR's operating budget, revenue from fares, and grants if anyone has it.

You sing this tune like the city is supporting a suburb that is not paying it's fair share, I don't see that from the $145 Billion in fares the LIRR generates plus the (at least) $50 Billion Long Island Residents pumps the MTA for unlimited metrocards.  But you're not capable for seeing anything beyond how you want to see them, so thanks for supporting us! :rolleyes:

Actually, no my point was to show Long Islanders pay a crazy amount while Staten Island residents get a free ride into Manhattan.  BTW, if that is so why shouldn't Brooklyn and Queens residents get a free shuttle of any sort into Manhattan?

I think I have done a fantastic job of showing Long Island residents pay more than fair share for the services they use.  If you want to talk about paying a fair share look into collecting a fare from Staten Island residnets (and keep it in the city)  using the ferry instead of thinking Long Island residents are shafting you.

For the record I think the LIRR (like most MTA systems) is a mess and should be restructured.

Why should these jobs be going to "potential New Yorkers" over "Long Islanders"?  This is a screwed up way of looking at things, the job goes to the best candidate!  ...and as I said before the person who gets the job decides where to live.

Besides the $50 Billion (at least) they pay in fares for the system they use?

...and the city residents use the buses and subways you mention a lot more often then those living on Long Island do, right?  ...and the city tax goes to a lot more than just transportation, doesn't it?

Like the $50 Billion (at least) Long Island commuters chip in fares for the metrocard?

LOL... You obviously didn't read the link that I posted.... That link provides a lot of insight as to how things work #1. #2, you obviously have no idea how much LIRR costs are supplemented and where that money comes from.  In any event, the (MTA) doesn't function solely on the fares that it collects, so I don't know why you keep throwing that out there like it's a big deal or something. The fact of the matter is that we here in the city provide the entire Metropolitan region with a mass amount of resources which you folks on Long Island, the folks in Westchester, Connecticut and New Jersey benefit from, like high paying jobs that you simply could not find on Long Island, so considering that, I don't see how you can whine and moan about what Long Islanders pay because it's peanuts considering what they get in return.  

Staten Islanders pay more than their fair share.  The only Staten Islanders that get a "free ride" to Manhattan are those that live within walking distance to the ferry AND work within walking distance of the ferry, otherwise, if they had to pay for the ferry they would be paying a double fare just to leave their own borough, which no other borough has to deal with.  Many Staten Islanders use the Verrazano bridge and most of those fees are given to where to supplement what fares??? Long Island, to supplement the LIRR's fares, so you should be thanking Staten Islanders for your lower LIRR fare.

The reason I keep bringing up what the (MTA) gave to LI Bus is to show that is not easy to run bus service with the peanuts that Mangano has given to NICE to operate with so if the residents in Nassau want more bus service, they're going to have to either pay more in terms of higher fares or pay more in taxes.

lol... The only thing I "depend" on when on Long Island is the LIRR to car service or have someone pick me up.  I would never use those NICE buses... Imagine meeting a client out there and being late... Oh sorry I'm two hours late... The NICE bus screwed up.  :lol:

Ha... ha.... ha...  Very funny...  <_<

Dude I think you have NICE confused with suffolk county transit a.k.a SCT. If you want completely shitty service I think you want suffolk rather than nassau.

Looks like he have VG8 VS burrstone here we go again with taxpayer vs taxpayer don't you people forget how connected we all are? LI and NYC depend on each other.

Looks like he have VG8 VS burrstone here we go again with taxpayer vs taxpayer don't you people forget how connected we all are? LI and NYC depend on each other.

No, I'm done I refuse to let people who are stuck inside their own head that cannot see reality raise my blood pressure anymore.  Long Island Residents are taking jobs "that could be going to potential New Yorkers in the city, but Long Islanders should not provide any financial aid to the transportation system which they benefit from."  :rolleyes:

To people like this suburbs like Long Island will always be taking from the city, reaping the benefits from the city in which tehy are employed and contributing their fare share.  :rolleyes:

It's ironic that people like Via Garibaldi 8 are angered by people in the suburbs taking jobs that could be held by people in the city, blah blah blah...  It's funny because the big business Via Garibaldi 8, who lives in the Bronx, refers to is located in Manhattan.  People all over the city reap the benefits from the taxes collected from these buinesses and those who live in the city of NY but when a blizzard or storm hits and Manhattan is cleared first you have these people like Via Garibaldi 8 on the news bitching that Manahttan, the money maker, was cleared first.  Yea yea, I know someone like Via Garibaldi 8 will say it's the city as whole song dance.  Just something to think about before bitching on the news that the borough these people reap the benefits from is getting special treatment.

Uh not at all... I think you didn't read the article...  <_<

Nobody wants to read your propoganda...  The (MTA) tax is dead and rightfully so, people who live in these Counties should not be taxed for a service many of them may not even use!

No, I'm done I refuse to let people who are stuck inside their own head that cannot see reality raise my blood pressure anymore.  Long Island Residents are taking jobs "that could be going to potential New Yorkers in the city, but Long Islanders should not provide any financial aid to the transportation system which they benefit from."  :rolleyes:

To people like this suburbs like Long Island will always be taking from the city, reaping the benefits from the city in which tehy are employed and contributing their fare share.  :rolleyes:

It's ironic that people like Via Garibaldi 8 are angered by people in the suburbs taking jobs that could be held by people in the city, blah blah blah...  It's funny because the big business Via Garibaldi 8, who lives in Riverdale, refers to is located in Manhattan.  People all over the city reap the benefits from the taxes collected from these buinesses and those who live in the city of NY but when a blizzard or storm hits and Manhattan is cleared first you have these people like Via Garibaldi 8 on the news bitching that Manahttan, the money maker, was cleared first.  Yea yea, I know someone like Via Garibaldi 8 will say it's the city as whole song dance.  Just something to think about before bitching on the news that the borough these people reap the benefits from is getting special treatment.

Nobody wants to read your propoganda...  The (MTA) tax is dead and rightfully so, people who live in these Counties should not be taxed for a service many of them may not even use!

lol... Actually snow removal is not a problem here in Riverdale.  

No propaganda here... Speaking the ugly truth that you don't want to hear... The news article that I provided a link for elaborates on my points... 

As for the (MTA) tax, don't be so sure about it being dead...

No propaganda here... Speaking the ugly truth that you don't want to hear... The news article that I provided a link for elaborates on my points... 

I tried to read your propoganda, I really did.  News is supposed to be unbiased, as much as I dislike Mangano I'm not going to read an article that is biased by calling Mangano a moron.  I read to be educated on topics, I'm not going to read a blatantly biased article.

lol... Actually snow removal is not a problem here in Riverdale.  

Oh I know, we've had this conversation before.  Notihngs ever a problem in Riverdale is it?  I'm thiinking about moving to the magical land, we could sit outside and bitch about how suburbanites reap the benefits of jobs in the city and don't pay their fare share!  Doesn't that sound fun?  Is there anyplace near you that is hiring?  I'd love to live in yonkers and walk across the border, i'd wave to you every morning as I threw my Yonkers bought coffee (with sales tax supporting the City of Yonkers and Westchester County) cup into a NYC trash can.  "Morning, thanks for supporting my trash, sorry I don't pay my fare share."

Archived