Breaking News, Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

DJ MC

Gun control is not the problem. There will always be weapons of all sorts, and guns will only be one of them. Surveillance and privacy invasion are the problems.

As I said before, look for the government to justify installing more cameras across the country. I wouldn't be surprised they spread into the residential areas. That or they fly those drones.

Has anyone mentioned how some newspapers like the NY Post screwed up two innocent guys lives? Thursday's early edition had a big headline over the pictures of two totally innocent people. From what I read after the pictures were printed these guys got death threats on their Facebook pages and had to go into hiding. I'm waiting for the lawyers to find them since they can now come out of hiding. It appears to me that law enforcement did a pretty good job but elements of the press were pretty reckless trying to get that big scoop.

Gun control is not the problem. There will always be weapons of all sorts, and guns will only be one of them. Surveillance and privacy invasion are the problems.

As I said before, look for the government to justify installing more cameras across the country. I wouldn't be surprised they spread into the residential areas. That or they fly those drones.

Agreed. In fact, my concern is Bloomberg and this policy he is trying to push through on surveillance including DRONES in the city. Now that is outrageous. Potentially advocates for this added measure of security in the wake of this tragedy may have a point, however the potential for abuse in terms of privacy rights are high.

I have to agree.

This whole gun law thing is driving me crazy they talk about it likes there's no tomorrow but still nothing and like I said in another thread we can't go paranoid with guns but we got to be careful that they don't get in wrong hands.

Good opposing points on the others who are concerned about gun control. Gives me food for thought. Obviously something needs to be done so that we do not see continued instances of mass murder at the hands of cold blooded mass murderers out there to gun down the innocent lives of people that has nothing to do with the problems that results from the societal and bureaucratic troubles we are experiencing as a nation because of these crazed politicians.

and for all you alex jones infowars propaganda buyers. 

http://www.infowars.com/navy-seals-spotted-at-boston-marathon-wearing-suspicious-backpacks/

nuf said about that a-hole

joe

And indeed Alex Jones is a nutcase.

The way I look at this there are things going on behind the scenes that reaks corruption (like in any goverment that oversees reall all the nations around trhe world not just the US), but the kind of utter delusional bullshit this guy spews out in comparison to conspiracy theorists who actually has sense..... makes me wonder lol.

There was a marathon that took place today in Florida. Officers that were at the marathon received additional training to spot any suspicious devices and activity, thus extra security wasn't needed. I just hope they don't try to pass laws for drones in cities across the country or any other drastic measure like cameras in residential areas. We should just keep things the way they are now and move on. Just my thoughts on this. 

In 20 and a half years of life, I do not think I have ever witnessed a week crazier than this. First the bombings on Monday, and then the manhunt on Thursday and Friday. Following the coverage on TV and on the internet was a surreal experience. It felt as if we were watching a movie. I cannot another time in recorded history when a major city was put on lockdown. The fact that this guy was able to accomplish that is astonishing. May the four victims of this tragedy rest in piece, and may the people behind this burn in the ninth circle of hell.

A photo of the 26-year old suspect killed by police has surfaced online. He had multiple bullet wounds and blood all over him as well as a giant gash in his chest rib cage area. You may click the spoiler below, but WARNING, VERY VERY GRAPHIC...

deathbed.jpg

Has anyone mentioned how some newspapers like the NY Post screwed up two innocent guys lives? Thursday's early edition had a big headline over the pictures of two totally innocent people. From what I read after the pictures were printed these guys got death threats on their Facebook pages and had to go into hiding. I'm waiting for the lawyers to find them since they can now come out of hiding. It appears to me that law enforcement did a pretty good job but elements of the press were pretty reckless trying to get that big scoop.

Because of this foolish mistake on the part of the NY Post there occurred bias attacks against a South Asian man in the Bronx and a Muslim doctor in Boston, the day of the bombing after the NY post as you were saying mistakenly identified one of the suspects as a man who was of Middle-eastern descent, a Saudi National. How in the world did they make a mistake like that!?

Quick question since he has federal charges and state charges could be coming who gets first crack at him?

The Feds because of the FBI investigation and the fact that the Justice Department is involved and has charged him as being an "enemy of the state."

The Feds because of the FBI investigation and the fact that the Justice Department is involved and has charged him as being an "enemy of the state."

It's also because the state doesn't have a death penalty and the federal government does To normal criminals that makes a big difference but to a real jihadist not so much I guess. The surviving brother appears to be a "wannabe" IMO so what he faces if convicted is a crapshoot at best.

Archived