Breaking News, Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

DJ MC

explosion-boston.jpg

BOSTON - Two explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon have resulted in injuries.

Bloody spectators were being carried Monday to the medical tent that had been set up to care for fatigued runners. Police wove through competitors as they ran back toward the course.

"There are a lot of people down," said one man, whose bib No. 17528 identified him as Frank Deruyter of North Carolina.

He was not injured, but marathon workers were carrying one woman, who did not appear to be a runner, to the medical area as blood gushed from her leg. A Boston police officer was wheeled from the course with a leg injury that was bleeding.

Read more: Source

Too early to tell, even the police apparently do not know as of yet what is the cause of this incident as it just happened as MC posted (2:50 PM today) but to me this looks like a case of domestic terrorism. I'm reading another news source, dozens of spectators with severe trauma. Many of the injured lost limbs in the explosion.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/metro/Explosions-reported-near-Boston-Marathon-finish-line/-/11971628/19757044/-/format/rsss_2.0/-/1uvv3y/-/index.html

Sean-Exposion-jpg.jpg?format=rsss_2.0

At this time I don't have much comment and I'll wait for the story to progress. I doubt it's a terroristic attack, though we'll have to wait for the preliminary investigation.

Additionally my condolences to the injured and their families. Such a tragic event.

At this time I don't have much comment and I'll wait for the story to progress. I doubt it's a terroristic attack, though we'll have to wait for the preliminary investigation.

True. You're right. We will have to wait and see what details are revealed during this ongoing investigation with the local police authorities.

The police authorities don't know. The explosions only happened about 50 minutes ago as you posted.

At first I thought it might have been a fireworks accident of some sort, considering it was at the finish line and all, but I've been watching FOX News for a few minutes now and it definitely seems like a terror attack sadly. There were apparently shotgun pellets of some sort attached to the bombs that went flying into the air when they went off.

It's too soon to tell what happened, but nothing should be ruled out at this time, including the possibility that it could of been a terrorist attack. I'm also hearing of a fire at the JFK library. It happened shortly after the explosion.

In addition to these two explosions that were triggered by explosives, there has been a third bomb, found and defused before going off. The JFK Library in Boston also had an explosion and is currently on fire as I type this.

I think we should all be grateful the death/injury rate was so low (At least 23 injuries, mainly amputees) seeing how 5,000 people were running, a lot were standing on the sidelines, and it was next to a hotel. My grandmother works in Boston, and since we don't know where in Boston,  she called from her cell which she normally doesn't do, and then she wasn't picking up her phone so we got freaked out for a little bit, but then she called back, completely unaware of what happened, because by some coincedence she wasn't there that day (at that time anyways) but she was at her house in NH. And to think, today was the day everybody thought North Korea was going to fire it's rocket today, but it didn't and yet here we are. Just think about that.

abc_spec_bm_deaths_130415_wg.jpg

Good thing there was immediate response of emergency personnel.

Most of the time they have emergency personnel at these events, so yes it is very fortunate they were there when this event happened.

Hoping it's not a terrorist attack of some sort, but three explosions is just too much of a coincidence.

I heard the third one at the JFK library was not an explosion apparently. 

Hoping it's not a terrorist attack of some sort, but three explosions is just too much of a coincidence.

That's what I initially thought. Check this out:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/15/explosion-reported-near-finish-line-boston-marathon-spokesman-says/

The FBI, which was treating the bombing as a terrorist investigation, was analyzing video from several area surveillance cameras

While the White House does in fact believe terrorism was at play, lawmakers were increasingly reaching the same conclusion.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., chairwoman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, reportedly said her understanding it “that it’s a terrorist incident.”

The White House as well as the Senate Intelligence Committee  apparently suspects this is an actual terrorist attack. The FBI is investigating this incident treating this as a domestic terrorist attack. To see this in the news reports now, indicates that the initial investigation by Boston city officials apparently ruled out any possibilities that this was a freak accident of sorts so guess what?

I think we can conclude that this may be indeed a terrorist attack.

Of course we can't rule out other possibilities but this looks too well coordinated to be just simply random explosions out of the blue.

Archived