Hate Crime Arrest Causes Pandemonium on Subway

Abba

lol... Well it's about time... Calling a spade a spade... Now this whole thing was started by some racist nonsense (black against white hate crime) and I'm sure somehow blacks will yell racism or police brutality... Smh... I love how they all have their phones out like the cops are SO terrible... That poor man.... Meanwhile he created the whole situation.  <_<

lol... Well it's about time... Calling a spade a spade... Now this whole thing was started by some racist nonsense (black against white hate crime) and I'm sure somehow blacks will yell racism or police brutality... Smh... I love how they all have their phones out like the cops are SO terrible... That poor man.... Meanwhile he created the whole situation.  <_<

Have you confirmed what exactly that man did? How do you know it was "racist" in nature?

Why does it have to be blacks yelling racism or brutality? Stop stereotyping groups of people. I am sure people of other races might come to the same conclusion--I don't know why you are singling out black people.

When anything like this happens, PEOPLE pull out their phones--that's simply the way things are today. Again, this is not unique to blacks.

Cell phones are out recording lots of things: you saw the videos of recent tragedies in Texas and Massachusetts--MANY OF THESE VIDEOS ARE ON CELL PHONES.

I love your use of the word "they"....first step in making the "other".

Yes, let's call a spade a spade.

You are a bigot.

Here the definition from Webster's:

a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.

Jesus H. Christ. The animals at the Bronx zoo behave better than these "people." Those cops showed a lot of restraint, especially at the beginning. 

They are people.

Have you confirmed what exactly that man did? How do you know it was "racist" in nature?

Why does it have to be blacks yelling racism or brutality? Stop stereotyping groups of people. I am sure people of other races might come to the same conclusion--I don't know why you are singling out black people.

When anything like this happens, PEOPLE pull out their phones--that's simply the way things are today. Again, this is not unique to blacks.

Cell phones are out recording lots of things: you saw the videos of recent tragedies in Texas and Massachusetts--MANY OF THESE VIDEOS ARE ON CELL PHONES.

You are a bigot.

a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.

Maybe you should read the article... The article says that he (the guy that was arrested) hurled racial slurs, hence why the cops came down there to begin with.  As for the "they", I was referring to the bystanders.  I don't understand why they got involved for.   As for your allegations, I'm not the one hurling racial slurs at people on trains and starting problems with cops.  <_<

Maybe you should read the article... The article says that he (the guy that was arrested) hurled racial slurs, hence why the cops came down there to begin with.  As for the "they", I was referring to the bystanders.  I don't understand why they got involved for.   As for your allegations, I'm not the one hurling racial slurs at people on trains and starting problems with cops.  <_<

Maybe you should read my post--ALL OF IT.

No, my reading comprehension is just fine....maybe you should reread what you wrote:

"Now this whole thing was started by some racist nonsense (black against white hate crime) and I'm sure somehow blacks will yell racism or police brutality... Smh... I love how they all have their phones out like the cops are SO terrible..."

1. Blacks will yell racism or police brutality.

2. They all have their phones out (like the cops are so terrible).

Who the hell else would "they" be referring to except "blacks"?????

This is basic critical thinking and argument analysis.

I read it... Like I said the ARTICLE SAID he hurled racial slurs so don't get pissed with me for his actions.  He wasn't just arrested just because.  If he was minding his business and was not bothering that guy he wouldn't have had any problems.  The thing is he probably thought he could get away with it.  I've seen blacks bully (literally assault) whites before in mainly black neighborhoods back in the day and usually nothing happened.  Why? Because the person being assaulted would be a fool to report the crime because he could face retaliation.   I've also seen whites hurling racial slurs at blacks on the train.  Years ago this sort of thing happened on a (Q) train when I was heading to the city with some friends. This crazy white guy was yelling out all sorts of crazy racist things at black folks and folks started getting angry and yelling at him.  There was almost a riot on the train literally and I'm not shocked that this situation ended the way that it did as a result. Like I said that guy isn't innocent, trust me.

I read it... Like I said the ARTICLE SAID he hurled racial slurs so don't get pissed with me for his actions.  He wasn't just arrested just because.  If he was minding his business and was not bothering that guy he wouldn't have had any problems.  The thing is he probably thought he could get away with it.  I've seen blacks bully (literally assault) whites before in mainly black neighborhoods back in the day and usually nothing happened.  Why? Because the person being assaulted would be a fool to report the crime because he could face retaliation.   I've also seem whites hurling racial slurs at blacks on the train.  Years ago this sort of thing happened on a (Q) train when I was heading to the city with some friends. This crazy white guy was yelling out all sorts of crazy racist things at black folks and folks started getting angry and yelling at him.  There was almost a riot on the train literally and I'm not shocked that this situation ended the way that it did as a result. Like I said that guy isn't innocent, trust me.

You are a bigot.

I have been gracious enough to respond to ALL the points you made.

Why can't you reciprocate?

You are a bigot.

How many times are you going to re-post that post??  <_< He was charged with a hate crime, so obviously it must've been something serious, especially since the city is not quick to use that as a charge.

No, my reading comprehension is just fine....maybe you should reread what you wrote:

"Now this whole thing was started by some racist nonsense (black against white hate crime) and I'm sure somehow blacks will yell racism or police brutality... Smh... I love how they all have their phones out like the cops are SO terrible..."

1. Blacks will yell racism or police brutality.

2. They all have their phones out (like the cops are so terrible).

Who the hell else would "they" be referring to except "blacks"?????

This is basic critical thinking and argument analysis.

Well obviously it's the bystanders... Who else had their phones out?? The bystanders IIRC were not all black either...

Yeah I said it because why else are those folks (all black) charging up on the police officers like that? They obviously felt that it was either racism or police brutality.  Tell me why else that chick tried to storm the cops??? <_<  

Well obviously it's the bystanders... Who else had their phones out?? The bystanders IIRC were not all black either... 

Obviously LOL.

So I guess the non-black bystanders have their phones out (like the cops are so terrible) but won't yell racism or police brutality (like the blacks will).

:)

I couldn't watch the whole video; skipped through parts of it & muted it b/c I couldn't take all that unintelligible noise....

Yeah ole girl got what she deserved.... See, you have a particular type of black woman that think they can run up in men's faces (authority figure or not, they don't care) with that attitudinal, belligerent, "strong black woman" disposition that expect not to get knocked on their asses.... Feminism got them gassed up; they act as if they're bulletproof.... That is, before that undeniable thing called reality knocks some humility into em.... I mean that literally & figuratively....

Smh... I love how they all have their phones out like the cops are SO terrible...

Thing is though, it's really not about cops being so terrible (even though there's a good chance they believe that).... This is all a *I wanna be on worldstarhiphop* type of thing - This, "smile, you're on candid camera" BS culture that we live in now.... People wanna be the first to whip out their damn phone/cameras to upload "exclusive" footage of some occurrence, for the main purpose of garnering attention...

Obviously LOL.

So I guess the non-black bystanders have their phones out (like the cops are so terrible) but won't yell racism or police brutality (like the blacks will).

:)

Oh no, that's not it.  It was only black folks that were charging the cops... They were obviously angry about something, and I can't see anything else aside from them thinking that the black guy was being brutalized by the cops.   Why else would that chick have charged the cops like that as if she was being personally attacked?  I mean come on now, we're both looking at the same video... If you don't think that's the reason why then tell me what you think caused her to react like that hmm?? 

Thing is though, it's really not about cops being so terrible (even though there's a good chance they believe that).... This is all a *I wanna be on worldstarhiphop* type of thing - This, "smile, you're on candid camera" BS culture that we live in now.... People wanna be the first to whip out their damn phone/cameras to upload "exclusive" footage of some occurrence, for the main purpose of garnering attention...

I agree that there is this candid camera thing now and days, but there's also the sense amongst many young people in particular (some minorities and some whites also) that the cops are pigs and they must be recorded at every opportunity to show what savages they are.  I'm serious.  This is the mentality projected at cops and some folks feel as if cops have been f*cking with them now just because. Look at that video... You'll see it's mainly young folks doing the recording and that's a common theme that I see now with these videos.

I couldn't watch the whole video; skipped through parts of it & muted it b/c I couldn't take all that unintelligible noise....

Yeah ole girl got what she deserved.... See, you have a particular type of black woman that think they can run up in men's faces (authority figure or not, they don't care) with that attitudinal, belligerent, "strong black woman" disposition that expect not to get knocked on their asses.... Feminism got them gassed up; they act as if they're bulletproof.... That is, before that undeniable thing called reality knocks some humility into em.... I mean that literally & figuratively....

I guess you know this woman then, right?

worldstarhiphop?

As a tried pointing out, the two recent national tradegies were put on cell phone videos. Cell phone videos have helped solve crimes. It isn't simply about attention.

Oh no, that's not it.  It was only black folks that were charging the cops... They were obviously angry about something, and I can't see anything else aside from them thinking that the black guy was being brutalized by the cops.   Why else would that chick have charged the cops like that as if she was being personally attacked?  I mean come on now, we're both looking at the same video... If you don't think that's the reason why then tell me what you think caused her to react like that hmm?? 

I agree that there is this candid camera thing now and days, but there's also the sense amongst many young people in particular (some minorities and some whites also) that the cops are pigs and they must be recorded at every opportunity to show what savages they are.  I'm serious.  This is the mentality projected at cops and some folks feel as if cops have been f*cking with them now just because. Look at that video... You'll see it's mainly young folks doing the recording and that's a common theme that I see now with these videos.

VG8,

I am simply trying to get you to understand what YOU IMPLIED. Hence, my response.

worldstarhiphop?

As a tried pointing out, the two recent national tradegies were put on cell phone videos. Cell phone videos have helped solve crimes. It isn't simply about attention.

- I don't have to know that particular woman.... It's a culture of women out here that act that way, is what I'm getting at....

- As for worldstarhiphop, look it up.....

- Folks out here aren't simply pulling out cameras because they wanna play detective either....

I know the mentality of "f*** the police" exists....

worldstarhiphop?

VG8,

I am simply trying to get you to understand what YOU IMPLIED. Hence, my response.

That's cool and I just wanted to have the chance to explain why I said what I said.  Like I said that video speaks for itself buddy.  I happen to agree with B35... While you're right in saying that these cell phone videos have helped solve crimes but some of it is indeed about attention, esp. with some of the young folks.  

- I don't have to know that particular woman.... It's a culture of women out here that act that way, is what I'm getting at....

- As for worldstarhiphop, look it up.....

- Folks out here aren't simply pulling out cameras because they wanna play detective either....

I know the mentality of "f*** the police" exists....

--"culture of women"...Gee, glad I don't deal with that "culture" eh?

--glad to know people take out cameras to put videos on worldstarhiphop. Next time someone films something, I'll ask them if they'll put it on that website.

--I am sure....I know I pull mine out to take pictures for myself or other people: catch a nice sunset, painting, etc. These are camera uses.

I have used them for auto accidents too.

--glad to know people take out cameras to put videos on worldstarhiphop. Next time someone films something, I'll ask them if they'll put it on that website.

--I am sure....I know I pull mine out to take pictures for myself or other people: catch a nice sunset, painting, etc. These are camera uses.

You can't be serious with these comments... All you have to do is go to YouTube and see people post videos of themselves yapping all day... There are indeed some people that shoot stuff just for attention.

I don't care what culture you personally deal with, you can ask whoever you want about their putting up of some clip on worldstar, and I'm not implicating there aren't other uses for cameras....

Spare me your snarky remarks.... It's looking like you want to be argumentative just for the sake of doing so.

There are a wad of people out here whipping out cameras & recording shit to upload for attention.....

You can't be serious with these comments... All you have to do is go to YouTube and see people post videos of themselves yapping all day... There are indeed some people that shoot stuff just for attention.

Exactly....

That's cool and I just wanted to have the chance to explain why I said what I said.  Like I said that video speaks for itself buddy.  I happen to agree with B35... While you're right in saying that these cell phone videos have helped solve crimes but some of it is indeed about attention, esp. with some of the young folks.

Let's wait and find out what specifically led to the arrest. There have been cases where guys were hauled off on false pretenses. This has happened. Who knows? Maybe the crowd was responding to an injustice, hence the reactions.

But then again, maybe everything was legally justifiable.

Again, the cell phones can be used as evidence.....that's why I am actually not against the cameras being used. It can protect the police if they were acting in complicance with the law. But it can also show wrongdoing.

VG8, please stop making generalizations. when you write things like "Blacks will yell racism or police brutality", would blacks "yelling" these things make them less true? For that matter, why wouldn't other races say the same thing?

Sorry, but when you say things like that, you will be challenged.

Also, you did imply that the black bystanders had their phones out because (of YOUR FEELINGS about) how blacks perceive the police--I was trying to point this out to you.

Yes, when you imply these things, you will be challanged.

Let's wait and find out what specifically led to the arrest. There have been cases where guys were hauled off on false pretenses. This has happened. Who knows? Maybe the crowd was responding to an injustice, hence the reactions.

But then again, maybe everything was legally justifiable.

Again, the cell phones can be used as evidence.....that's why I am actually not against the cameras being used. It can protect the police if they were acting in complicance with the law. But it can also show wrongdoing.

VG8, please stop making generalizations. when you write things like "Blacks will yell racism or police brutality", would blacks "yelling" these things make them less true? For that matter, why wouldn't other races say the same thing?

Sorry, but when you say things like that, you will be challenged.

Also, you did imply that the black bystanders had their phones out because (of YOUR FEELINGS about) how blacks perceive the police--I was trying to point this out to you.

Yes, when you imply these things, you will be challanged.

LOL... Dude the article clearly states what led to the arrest unless we're reading two different articles.  Let's face it here... The guy is being charged with a hate crime, period. Stop trying to shake around the issue.  

As for my other "generalization" you just pretty much said what I stated earlier... Police brutality... Injustice... Same thing...

Archived