MTH Railking Subway Sets Are Back..Again...

MTH's 2013 Volume 2 Catalog is now available online:

http://www.mthtrains.com/sites/default/files/catalog_files/2013_v_2/index.html

Personally, I did not expect to see anything (MTA) related, but here it is:

MTH_2013_1_zps464ada09.jpg

MTH_2013_2_zps6444b399.jpg

MTH_2013_3_zps916d3a8c.jpg

For us long-time Modelers, Mike threw us a bone with re-runs of the R-17 Red-Robin (Not Redbird) Scheme, The R-17 in (MTA) Silver/Blue colors, and which is cool, another run of the R-142As.

As we see, a price for a 4-Car Subway Set has skyrocketed to 459.95.

Whats also changed is that, the last time the R-142As were placed in the catalog in 2007, it was for a 5-car set, and now MTH reduced it to a 4 Car Set...

Aside from the 4 car sets, the 2-car add-ons are available for all 3 sets, plus they're also doing the single subway cars on the flatcars.. Like I said, for myself, this is bittersweet, but for you guys who are entering the hobby, here is your chance to grab that R142A and the Silver/Blue R-17.  I know im definitely getting at least 2 6-Car Sets of the R142As this time, and at least the 1 - 2-car add-on for the R17 Silver/Blue. The route on the R142A shows the (6) again. I hope it s a (4) or a different line this time. Between the 4-car set and the single subway car on the flatcar, the R-17s (both versions) show a (2)(4) & (6). So in essence, it is way too early to see which routes they will be producing for each model. We definitely could use a (3) Train already. As more information emerges with these revived subway sets, Ill keep us posted on here. The catalog's should be in stores at the end of April, beginning of May.

Happy Railroading ;)

Zach

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

They definitely make a small run if the R142. I bought two and sold one set out if necessity for $1250. Yes folks people will pay that much for a 142 set. I do hope they make it a (6) train because many of us who got the original could not finish the 10 car set because the add ins were sold out. So preorder ASAP if you want to make sure you will own one. Good luck everyone

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Usually you back order it with them, and they you pay when the product arrives. Im not sure how their policy works now. Its been awhile since I purchased anything through back order from them.. But usually, you give them your information, and they might, dont quote me, might get a credit card number from you.

• 2 weeks later...

Usually you back order it with them, and they you pay when the product arrives. Im not sure how their policy works now. Its been awhile since I purchased anything through back order from them.. But usually, you give them your information, and they might, dont quote me, might get a credit card number from you.

Did a back order. There service is HORRIBLE though.. I was just checking out the store and lady kept looking at me then when I asked to back order it she was like "Are you even gonna buy it? and gave me a look like I was some outsider. Not even sure If I want it anymore from them

• 2 months later...

Archived