BxM2 via Inwood

YankeesPwnMets

You got unlucky and if you checked you could have used the BX7 to MNRR which takes the same path as the faster BXM1 rush super express. Then get off at marble hill for a 3 min walk to MNRR to save yourself the delay at that time. HOWEVER under normal circumstances you are correct about the express bus being quicker. But look at the travel path of bxm1/2 vs Bx7 to MNRR. It shows something interesting. But under normal circumstances I would have used express bus BUT if there was delays on the highway I would improvise and use local bus to MNRR which is $4 on the weekends due to cityticket if they don't collect I can use that ticket on the return trip!!! I always improvise when something goes wrong.

for example If I were using an NJT bus to an area served by rail which I admit there are very few areas served by BOTH NJT NYC-bound buses and NJT rail and the NJTP was slammed which rarely happens then I will improvise and take the train instead and transfer to a local bus IF I have to. OR If I miss a NY bound bus instead of waiting an hour for the next one I'd take another bus in the area leaving in a few mins and take it to the nearest rail station to save time and eliminate my long wait time.

Not everything goes according to plan so if problems arise IMPROVISE!!!!!!!!

True Usually there is no traffic but it's better to be safe than sorry. Just in case it is wise to check ahead of time to see if it's that rare time when MNRR is quicker. You are right that MOST of the time the BXM1/2 on sundays are in fact quicker than MNRR I am not refuting that BUT you can't not check then complain about getting burned. Cause if you checked you would have used BX10 or 7 or hudson rail link to MNRR even though normally express bus is a better option in this case it wasn't which is why YOU are at fault here. Since when does a month have 5 weeks? Not often you know.

Pfft... Please no way in hell I'm getting off in Marble Hill late at night and making myself a target with all of those housing projects and hood rats about.  Broadway is known to be very sketchy in some parts. Furthermore, the Bx7 runs like crap anyway, so I'd rather take car service in Riverdale where it's ALWAYS safe than wait for the Bx7.  Anyone with common sense knows that the express bus is not only faster in most cases, but also safer going through those run down Bronx neighborhoods, hence why they're well used for those that aren't driving. MetroNorth is safe but the stations are in isolated areas.

Pfft... Please no way in hell I'm getting off in Marble Hill late at night and making myself a target with all of those housing projects and hood rats about. Broadway is known to be very sketchy in some parts. Furthermore, the Bx7 runs like crap anyway, so I'd rather take car service in Riverdale where it's ALWAYS safe than wait for the Bx7. Anyone with common sense knows that the express bus is not only faster in most cases, but also safer going through those run down Bronx neighborhoods, hence why they're well used for those that aren't driving. MetroNorth is safe but the stations are in isolated areas.

Marble Hill is in Manhattan. And the express bus & MNRR "go through" those neighborhoods anyway. ;)

Yeah, yeah, yeah, here come the comments about "Blah blah blah, you're taking things too literally yadda yadda yadda", so don't bother.

Marble Hill is in Manhattan. And the express bus & MNRR "go through" those neighborhoods anyway. ;)

Yeah, yeah, yeah, here come the comments about "Blah blah blah, you're taking things too literally yadda yadda yadda", so don't bother.

#1 I wasn't referring to Marble Hill when talking about Bronx neighborhoods... That was a general statement.  #2 going through them is tolerable.  Getting off in them is another story.

Dear lord what have I started? Here we go again If you can't walk for 3 mins from bx7 to MNRR without peeing urself that is just plain sad LOL @ VG8 I guess with that way of thinking you will get burned hard LOL. I have done the bx7 to mnrr it is quick cause bx7 is more frequent than mnrr anyway.

You have a point checkmate.

#1 I wasn't referring to Marble Hill when talking about Bronx neighborhoods... That was a general statement. #2 going through them is tolerable. Getting off in them is another story.

What kind of idiot would try to mug a huge 6ft plus dude like yourself? Are you that scared it is a 5 min walk tops if you walk slow. At your height no longer than 3 mins you did give me an idea though so thanks.

Dear lord what have I started? Here we go again If you can't walk for 3 mins from bx7 to MNRR without peeing urself that is just plain sad LOL @ VG8 I guess with that way of thinking you will get burned hard LOL. I have done the bx7 to mnrr it is quick cause bx7 is more frequent than mnrr anyway.

You have a point checkmate.

I just think it's stupid to make yourself a target unnecessary.  Anyone with commonsense knows that parts of Broadway are sketchy late at night so it's foolish to get off there and walk around if you don't have to.  Folks over there do prey on unsuspecting victims like they did with that Asian guy that got killed for this iPhone. He had a "short walk" home too... Just from the train station on Broadway over by the hill where Riverdale starts and he couldn't even make it there before being robbed and killed.  That's what is plain sad.

I just think it's stupid to make yourself a target unnecessary. Anyone with commonsense knows that parts of Broadway are sketchy late at night so it's foolish to get off there and walk around if you don't have to. Folks over there do prey on unsuspecting victims like they did with that Asian guy that got killed for this iPhone. He had a "short walk" home too... Just from the train station on Broadway over by the hill where Riverdale starts and he couldn't even make it there before being robbed and killed. That's what is plain sad.

Write to your congressman and demand better police presence there that is not under the MTA's control. Again a potential mugger would take one look at you then run like hell!! You would easily fight off any dumbass who tries. But gun wise well you did give me an idea though. I am not disputing that express at some times can be faster but doesn't bx7 skip that meandering by spuyten duyvil? Getting to mnrr faster and if timed your trip should be no more than 40 mins.Right if bx7 decides to run good that time.

What kind of idiot would try to mug a huge 6ft plus dude like yourself? Are you that scared it is a 5 min walk tops if you walk slow. At your height no longer than 3 mins you did give me an idea though so thanks.

My height makes no difference.  I always take precautions late at night even in the city and avoid desolate areas because I've seen some crazy sh*t happen in my time so I don't take anything for granted. I've been close to two shootings over the years in Brooklyn and was lucky enough not to be caught in any crossfire.

Late at night esp. down in that area, I know for a fact that some people carry.  That Asian guy I believe was stabbed to death. I've also heard of people being held up at gun point and robbed and usually these folks travel in twos at least so not only would I be outnumbered, I'd have the possibility of having to deal with a weapon to boot.  I'd rather not chance it. I'm cool with fighting someone even if it's more than one as I've done before because if you get one guy and start whaling on him you usually scare off the other guy, but get two guys and a weapon involved and anything is possible.  I'd rather not put myself through that aggravation.  Too old for that BS.  If I wanted to worry about looking over my shoulder at night I'd move to some ghetto in the Bronx.

Hell to tell you how crazy it can be, one night I was walking to the express bus. I cut over onto 5th and this bum is sleeping minding his own business.  Guy sees him there and just starts whaling on him demanding his money and what not. Didn't know if the guy was carrying or what so I didn't interfere esp. since I had a bus to catch. It looked like he just wanted to scare him into giving him whatever he had if anything, but still.  I've seen all sorts of crazy sh*t late at night so I don't take anything for granted.  Even when I'm walking home in Riverdale I'm always aware of my surroundings though I never feel uneasy but still.  

Interesting ok so bx7 can serve marble hill metro north directly that can help loads of people. What are the rail link buses like short minis or full size like an mta bus?

lol... Just stop with Bx7 to MetroNorth nonsense. Nobody is doing that crap.  It's foolish to use the unreliable Bx7 when the Hudson Rail Link buses are timed to meet the MetroNorth trains at Spuyten Duyvil and Riverdale.  The buses are minis and in the mornings they are usually SRO.  The link below is an example.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Hudson_Rail_Link_Thomas_Saf-T-Liner_HDX_bus_M0029_Kappock.jpg

lol... Just stop with Bx7 to MetroNorth nonsense. Nobody is doing that crap.  It's foolish to use the unreliable Bx7 when the Hudson Rail Link buses are timed to meet the MetroNorth trains at Spuyten Duyvil and Riverdale.  The buses are minis and in the mornings they are usually SRO.  The link below is an example.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Hudson_Rail_Link_Thomas_Saf-T-Liner_HDX_bus_M0029_Kappock.jpg

Just admit it dude. You're not using Metro North because you're worried Shortline will come down from the suburbs to meet you VG8! dumbass in Riverdale. :lol:

How unreliable is the bx7? What causes its poor on-time performance?

Traffic, crowding, and more traffic... in the few times I've used it, it was pretty damn unreliable...

I love how you think by making tons of assumptions and insulting people that you can pass your bullshit as fact and necessary change. 

QJ, speaking little off-topic, Q70 LTD MTA proposal is only using short distance on BQE/GC Parkway in northern Queens.

Extending further south via BQE is bad enough.

My mom and I had travel on IKEA's Car Service or Van Service, where BQE was SO HEAVILY TRAFFIC, some car service driver started using local streets instead to avoid huge traffic.

This is why your idea about sending local buses onto highway or expressway is bad idea.

QJ, speaking little off-topic, Q70 LTD MTA proposal is only using short distance on BQE/GC Parkway in northern Queens.

My mom and I had travel on IKEA's Car Service or Van Service, where BQE was SO HEAVILY TRAFFIC, some car service driver started using local streets instead to avoid huge traffic.

This is why your idea about sending local buses onto highway or expressway is bad idea.

Exactly. This is what he doesn't understand. Just because one route can use a certain stretch of one highway doesn't mean another route can use a different stretch. Not every section of highway in this city is empty. In fact, most of them are terribly congested!

Traffic, crowding, and more traffic... in the few times I've used it, it was pretty damn unreliable...

I love how you think by making tons of assumptions and insulting people that you can pass your bullshit as fact and necessary change. 

you are speaking BULLSHIT But I am not stating facts just views deal with it unless you don't know what civil is.

So sad it doesn't need to use BQE Most of my plans are either modified from others like brooklynbus' belt line. And others mostly the clearview bronx to JFK route. I am not even sold or confirmed on that idea cause BQE would need a busway for buses to even have a chance. Ohh FYI you still don't have details of my full proposal if you did you won't be able to argue against it cause you would get burned. I do admit there can be better ways than using BQE south apparently you don't know of a little something called meeker ave?

You act like all of them are like that bronx river is nothing like that. Clearview not even close and the Belt was originally someone elses' Idea to begin with. FDR doesn't need local buses nor LTD just adjustments to some express buses. Grand central has backroads that a bus can easilly bypass such traffic with ease. As for BQE in brooklyn notice how I never mentioned any LOCAL BUS?

Exactly. This is what he doesn't understand. Just because one route can use a certain stretch of one highway doesn't mean another route can use a different stretch. Not every section of highway in this city is empty. In fact, most of them are terribly congested!

I know that stretch of BQE is actually the worst which is why buses can use service roads or just modify surrounding lines instead. I am about to create a real proposal that clarifies everything in a much easier to understand method Ohh FYI the worst highways are LIE/BQE therefore my full plan doesn't involve those at least not with new lines or extensions just allowing express buses a faster trip. I know most of these highways much better than you do. I know what I am saying but you can deny it lets get back to BXM2 now please.

@YankeesPawn... I saw a BxM2 last night.  I was on a BxM18.  We both went up Madison together (which is the fastest way IMO) and then over the little bridge that the BxM3 and BxM4 use to get to the Major Deegan/Bronx.  Both drivers were moving and we eventually passed the BxM2 but he caught up with us later on along the Henry Hudson Parkway.  This morning was a quick ride too... Apparently someone got my memo because the commutes have been a little better in the AM.  They're always pretty good in the PM.  B/O always moves nicely and takes the fastest way to get back to Riverdale.

@YankeesPawn... I saw a BxM2 last night.  I was on a BxM18.  We both went up Madison together (which is the fastest way IMO) and then over the little bridge that the BxM3 and BxM4 use to get to the Major Deegan/Bronx.  Both drivers were moving and we eventually passed the BxM2 but he caught up with us later on along the Henry Hudson Parkway.  This morning was a quick ride too... Apparently someone got my memo because the commutes have been a little better in the AM.  They're always pretty good in the PM.  B/O always moves nicely and takes the fastest way to get back to Riverdale.

impressive B/O s to say the least. not gonna lie I can see why the ridership on those riverdale lines is so high.

you are speaking BULLSHIT But I am not stating facts just views deal with it unless you don't know what civil is.

How can I be civil with someone who doesn't have the intellect or energy to use proper grammar and who capitalizes their swears?

If you want respect, be respectable...

Archived