Some NYCTA models of mine

Here's some models that I have. Just to let you know, the destination signs aren't accurate as per the type of sign it is (as in, the RTS-04 never had a sign which could display two lines of text, although mine does), not the destination. My apologies if the pictures are kinda blurry. And, I don't have access to a detailer; I am forced to use paper and tape to detail these things.

I'll start out with the 1:60 models.

1_100_0772_edited.jpg

1_100_0775_edited.jpg

Yes, folks, for those who follow this stuff, that is a 1995 Road Champs NYCTA Flxible Metro-D. Missing both front wheels. I numbered it 6844, although rumor has it that if the order for these things went through before Flxible folded, it would be 19xx. Of course, when that order folded, the contract was re-awarded to Orion and brought us Orion Vs, so...

1_100_0776_edited.jpg

1_100_0777_edited.jpg

GM New Look, TDH-5301, #1086. Was an actual bus; this is my interpretation of how it would look in today's livery. It's one of those "New York Bus" die-cast fishbowl models. That big hole in the front windshield (covered with tape) is from a crash between the Flxible and this bus. Look closely; there's a familiar logo on the side of this bus that any railfanner on this site would recognize...

1_100_0778_edited.jpg

1_100_0779_edited.jpg

And now, my RTS's, all from the Transit Museum.

1_100_0782_edited.jpg

1_100_0783_edited.jpg

GMC RTS-04 #4201, my first bus.

1_100_0791_edited.jpg

1_100_0792_edited.jpg

TMC RTS-06 # 4851. These RTS's are trimmed by Royal Coach; judging by the (MTA) logo on the front, as compared to the GMC, they seem to be slacking off a little... Oh, and the destination sign is the one that originally came with the bus.

1_100_0786_edited.jpg

1_100_0787_edited.jpg

TMC RTS-06 CNG #8399. This one lacked an (MTA) logo on the front altogether (although the ones on the side were correct, not computer-typeface like on the other TMC), so I added one. The CNG tank is, you guessed it, paper and tape...

1_100_0788_edited.jpg

1_100_0790_edited.jpg

Enjoy, and any tips and suggestions are welcome.

Nice!

I've always wanted to get the little Flxible Metro-D. I have an NJT one.

Thanks!

I actually have four. The NYCTA one, and one each from NJT, Miami-Dade, and Dallas Area Rapid Transit. I used to have the CTA one, but I must have misplaced it. It's too bad they don't make them anymore.

Thanks!

I actually have four. The NYCTA one, and one each from NJT, Miami-Dade, and Dallas Area Rapid Transit. I used to have the CTA one, but I must have misplaced it. It's too bad they don't make them anymore.

Yeah, I had all of those.

Misplaced the Miami-Dale one. Still have the DART and CTA ones. My first NJT one was ruined and then I bought another one when NJT still that Transit Shoppe Store in Penn Station. Its ashame that store closed. I wanted to buy the NJT Rail models they had. B)

They also had a little HBLR one.

You can get the NYCT buses from the TM store.... I bought an toy RTS signed up as the M15 a few years ago....

@ 7linefan Nice models!! But that flexble needs a GOH.

I've got 4 (MTA) buses from the TM store over the years, 3 RTS and 1 MCI. Plus two Lakelands and an NJT.

That Flx needs to go to NIMCO. R&T's Metro-Bs looked better then that. Heck, Triboro's worse looked better.

Nice!!!

Did the (MTA) ever own Flexibles?? (I think thats what they call it ... if not....Im talking about the buses that run on the (NJT) 80,81 & 120 Lines)

The 1500-16?? and 2000-25?? Grummans at (NJT) came from (NYCT). There was a second order planned for Flxibles 1900-1949 that was cancelled and became Orion Vs 631-680.

You can go to both.

They cost about 20 bucks or so IIRC.

$25, but my dad has an (MTA) discount, so it was $21 for me.

Nice!!!

Did the (MTA) ever own Flexibles?? (I think thats what they call it ... if not....Im talking about the buses that run on the (NJT) 80,81 & 120 Lines)

The 1500-16?? and 2000-25?? Grummans at (NJT) came from (NYCT). There was a second order planned for Flxibles 1900-1949 that was cancelled and became Orion Vs 631-680.

Yeah, the 1900-1949 order would have been the Flxible Metro that Road Champs made. (NYCT) owned Flxibles before, the Grumman 870s, but they flunked.

That Flx needs to go to NIMCO. R&T's Metro-Bs looked better then that. Heck, Triboro's worse looked better.

Knowing the (MTA), they would have just repainted it and repowered it and said "Here you go."

My oh my, cant wait to check out the museum store :D

Me neither. I'm going this Sunday for two reasons.

(1) Late birthday present

(2) So my parents can avoid my relatives 'cuz they're coming over to paint :P

Royal Coach makes those models, and they make NABI low floor CNGs, Orions, and MCIs in (MTA) colors. I want to see if they have them there. Oh, and last time I was there they had PBL RTS's! (Well, at least Green Lines)

Royal Coach makes those models, and they make NABI low floor CNGs, Orions, and MCIs in (MTA) colors. I want to see if they have them there. Oh, and last time I was there they had PBL RTS's! (Well, at least Green Lines)

they make TCC now and i am my next bus at the bus fest for sure! I just a new MCI #5905

Unfortunately the only ones the Transit Museum and Annex have are the RTS-04 and old MCI mc-9. But I think I am going to make another trip another trip there for an RTS. Once you have more than 1 it's addictive!! I go overboard with it!! But FY(everybody's)I, I have to find an artic!! That would make my day! If not my year.

Here's some models that I have. Just to let you know, the destination signs aren't accurate as per the type of sign it is (as in, the RTS-04 never had a sign which could display two lines of text, although mine does), not the destination. My apologies if the pictures are kinda blurry. And, I don't have access to a detailer; I am forced to use paper and tape to detail these things.

I'll start out with the 1:60 models.

Yes, folks, for those who follow this stuff, that is a 1995 Road Champs NYCTA Flxible Metro-D. Missing both front wheels. I numbered it 6844, although rumor has it that if the order for these things went through before Flxible folded, it would be 19xx. Of course, when that order folded, the contract was re-awarded to Orion and brought us Orion Vs, so...

GM New Look, TDH-5301, #1086. Was an actual bus; this is my interpretation of how it would look in today's livery. It's one of those "New York Bus" die-cast fishbowl models. That big hole in the front windshield (covered with tape) is from a crash between the Flxible and this bus. Look closely; there's a familiar logo on the side of this bus that any railfanner on this site would recognize...

And now, my RTS's, all from the Transit Museum.

GMC RTS-04 #4201, my first bus.

TMC RTS-06 # 4851. These RTS's are trimmed by Royal Coach; judging by the (MTA) logo on the front, as compared to the GMC, they seem to be slacking off a little... Oh, and the destination sign is the one that originally came with the bus.

TMC RTS-06 CNG #8399. This one lacked an (MTA) logo on the front altogether (although the ones on the side were correct, not computer-typeface like on the other TMC), so I added one. The CNG tank is, you guessed it, paper and tape...

Enjoy, and any tips and suggestions are welcome.

I used to have that same Flxible! My front wheels were missing as well. I also had the DART, CTA, NJT, CTS, AC Transit, and Houston METRO Flx's as well. I have one 1:50 scale RTS that i repainted to look like the LTA buses from GTA 4.

Archived