Zach Operates ShoreLine's Lo-V!

Brighton Local

Saturday, July19, 2008: Whats up everybody?! Brighton Local himself, operating The Lo-V at the ShoreLine Trolley Musuem up in East Haven, CT. Thanks to Harry for recording this significant experince, :D ! Enjoy guys and Girls, and hope to see you you guys up there next year!

Some photos:

DSCN2026.jpg

DSCN2030.jpg

While Harry was operating:

Zachary

Nice Z...missed ya this past weekend, we operated and did some maintenance too

Got a vid of me operating as well...its up on Youtube might link it later, but it wasn't filmed over my shoulder so you can't see the track unfortunately...will try and get a better version next time perhaps, depends on what equipment they take up the line whether or not I'll be able to do that or not.

That day was fun. I'll never forget that day. Me, Zach, Matted, SubwayGuy & Adam all operated that afternoon. Hey P, you definitely have to go. Heck, everyone should make at least one visit up there.

Where is Adam at anyway? Tell him to get his butt in here and register Drew!!

Very nice vid, that was a fun day! I hope that in May when I come home from Albany, they have R17 6688 fixed. That SMEE is my favorite to operate.

Actually took a look at the storage batteries on 6688 with Jeff last weekend. That car was in good shape aside from that. One of the three battery racks was dead so we were going to change out the bad cells, but there were about 5-7 of the 9 dead in that rack so we decided we will have to change out the whole rack b/c it will be easier than disassembling/reassembling the rack...and of course then it got dark. I'm hoping to make it up in Sept sometime to finish the job with Jeff, and who knows, perhaps the car will be even ready for the RT weekend later that month. The other two battery racks were good.

As for R9 1689, that car is not in too good of shape right now...don't know too many details as of now but it had a grounded motor armature, so one of the main DC traction motors needs to be replaced as well as a grid pack. They have a spare but it's goign to be a big job, and that car may need a new battery rack as well when its all said and done.

That day was fun. I'll never forget that day. Me, Zach, Matted, SubwayGuy & Adam all operated that afternoon. Hey P, you definitely have to go. Heck, everyone should make at least one visit up there.

Where is Adam at anyway? Tell him to get his butt in here and register Drew!!

Haha...I've been all over him about that. Mentioned the site to him numerous times. Pablo, you remember James from the Philly trip right? Got him to register, he's my one referral, still trying to get Adam on board as my 2nd :cool::cool::cool:

Oh and here's my vid...nice and smooth although you can't see the track...here ya go on "how its done" :cool:...I keep it moving...:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NnD3cwI21I

The reason I kept looking over my shoulder towards the end was there was a fire in someone's attic near us, I looked across the river to see if I could see it but it turned out it was back over by the barns..

Oh and here's my vid...nice and smooth although you can't see the track...here ya go on "how its done" :cool:...I keep it moving...:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NnD3cwI21I

The reason I kept looking over my shoulder towards the end was there was a fire in someone's attic near us, I looked across the river to see if I could see it but it turned out it was back over by the barns..

Well nice job there:D

Haha...I've been all over him about that. Mentioned the site to him numerous times. Pablo, you remember James from the Philly trip right? Got him to register, he's my one referral, still trying to get Adam on board as my 2nd :cool::cool::cool:

Yeah yeah. What is James' screen name here? I think he staying quiet around here. :cool:

I was going to talk to Adam about joining here, but I always forget to tell him.

Wow looks very fun...PM me when you guys get to drive a bus! :)
Driving buses is something people do right in NYC!

Yeah yeah. What is James' screen name here? I think he staying quiet around here. :cool:

I was going to talk to Adam about joining here, but I always forget to tell him.

Driving buses is something people do right in NYC!

check your PMs

Archived