The Sea Beach Line is getting an upgrade.

MTA Bus

I'm wondering if they could build a road over it (for cars only)? Or maybe some park/walkway. Not that I think they need to cover up the line, but on the same side of the coin, it's not like it's doing much other than to prevent the heat being trapped in from the trains.

How many times have the open cuts been snowed in during the past few winters?

I'm wondering if they could build a road over it (for cars only)? Or maybe some park/walkway. Not that I think they need to cover up the line, but on the same side of the coin, it's not like it's doing much other than to prevent the heat being trapped in from the trains.

Building a roadway on top would be a waste, you already have 2 traffic lights in close proximity of each other as it is, adding this roadway would add a third.  Inconvenience to all the avenues it'll pass by.

Building a roadway on top would be a waste, you already have 2 traffic lights in close proximity of each other as it is, adding this roadway would add a third.  Inconvenience to all the avenues it'll pass by.

I'm sure the people who live along the line would love to have car traffic on both sides of their homes.</sarcasm> If anything is done, it should be to dampen the sound from the trains.

I'm sure the people who live along the line would love to have car traffic on both sides of their homes.</sarcasm> If anything is done, it should be to dampen the sound from the trains.

The ballast tracks along with them new concrete ties dampen sound good enough...idk how much more quieter you can get over there

How many times have the open cuts been snowed in during the past few winters?

dunno

Ok, fine no on the roadway then.

*Bump*

Personally, one thing I would like to see in the rehab of 8th Avenue is the restoration and reopening of the 7th Avenue exit. There has been a lot of residential development in that area and I believe it would help with the current access/exit issues. The only thing is, they'd have to relocate their Automatic Fare Collection repair 'shop' currently utilizing the space.

*Bump*

Personally, one thing I would like to see in the rehab of 8th Avenue is the restoration and reopening of the 7th Avenue exit. There has been a lot of residential development in that area and I believe it would help with the current access/exit issues. The only thing is, they'd have to relocate their Automatic Fare Collection repair 'shop' currently utilizing the space.

From the original article: "Foell said that the MTA would look into opening the Seventh Avenue exit at the Eighth Avenue station, which currently serves as a staging area for the Transit Authority."

I agree, it would be very helpful to have that entrance back if the AFC facility can be moved elsewhere.

Archived