Some Rare & Old School 'FINDS'

Brighton Local

Hmm, Throwback Thursday (yes I'm aware he posted it late Wednesday night, it's when I saw it). A couple of interesting tidbits:

1) On the D via Brighton FIND, the LCD shows Brighton Exp but it's set for local service on the Brighton line. Not that it really matters since we won't see this anytime soon, despite claims to the contrary.

2) The B via West End shares announcements with the N along the same line, whereas the D via Brighton, like the rest of the D announcements, are a different set of recordings.

Wow. The (B) via the West End Line as it always meant to be. Bring back the slants!

You know, that's something I never really got. That is, why there are these recurring calls for the return of the pre-'01 B and D service (Manhattan Bridge-related reroutes notwithstanding). Having the B back on the West End would either mean there would have to be a West End shuttle during the off-hours or over-saturating the 6th Avenue and Central Park West lines. The current setup isn't perfect, but the way it is set up, all four South Brooklyn lines have full-time direct service to/from Manhattan.

By the way, the preceding isn't directed towards anyone in particular, despite my quoting of realizm's post. It's just something that once again came to my mind.

Archived