?s about bus maintenance

NovaBus 5121

Hey guys. Everybody has their favorite bus depot, routes or fleet but I was wondering which depot statistically has the best maintenance? I know certain people feel that certain depots have poor maintenance (SI or the Bronx Division depots for example) but which depot had the most road calls and/or best MBDF? Whether its MTAB or NYCT, facts, stats, & opinions are all welcome. Thank you.

Gleason
HELLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOO.

Reason I say that is because of thier VIIs. UGH! I hate the fact WF is still getting the crap VIIs from JG and giving the good VIIs to JG. Lots of VIIs from JG have a whole lot of paint chips, even the ex-JG ones we got. Just ride 7624 and 7625, though 7625 sounds real good, it also sounds like it's been through alot of hell.

HELLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOO.

Reason I say that is because of thier VIIs. UGH! I hate the fact WF is still getting the crap VIIs from JG and giving the good VIIs to JG. Lots of VIIs from JG have a whole lot of paint chips, even the ex-JG ones we got. Just ride 7624 and 7625, though 7625 sounds real good, it also sounds like it's been through alot of hell.

LOL... They seem to be doing pretty well in Brooklyn!

Definately East New York or Michael J Quill, though West Farms is my favorite (they maintain buses good as well).

They maintain your children Orion V and Orion VII CNG well. As for the artics, well during the summer all depots has their problems with them..... I've had 3 breakdowns, and quite a few near breakdowns, with the Farms artics......

Based on my knowledge of the TA I would have to say hands down, the best maintenance teams are at East New York, Quill, Gleason, Flatbush, Jamaica, Manhattanville, and West Farms.

West Farms somewhat.......

LOL... They seem to be doing pretty well in Brooklyn!

We in GunHill Have a saying and that is "If it starts be HAPPY" (LOL) but true GH has the Crappiest Fleet I think and I have Drove out of the Old 100 Street and the New 100 street Depots, GunHill, Hudson Pier, WestSide, now know as Quill, Mother Hale,... It's like in GH they just dont care ....saad to see what this Job has come to :)

We in GunHill Have a saying and that is "If it starts be HAPPY" (LOL) but true GH has the Crappiest Fleet I think and I have Drove out of the Old 100 Street and the New 100 street Depots, GunHill, Hudson Pier, WestSide, now know as Quill, Mother Hale,... It's like in GH they just dont care ....saad to see what this Job has come to :)

lmao at that saying but KB is slightly worse than Gun Hill. The B/Os 90% of the time don't use the kneeler because the bus gets stuck in a lowered position. Are they even planning to fix up the 100-200s or are they leaving soon? They suck a lot. I'm not even going to get started on the non SBS artics.

lmao at that saying but KB is slightly worse than Gun Hill. The B/Os 90% of the time don't use the kneeler because the bus gets stuck in a lowered position. Are they even planning to fix up the 100-200s or are they leaving soon? They suck a lot. I'm not even going to get started on the non SBS artics.
There's still a few good ones, 5332, 5402, and the broken speed governer 5416...Orion V kneelers even from WF sometimes takes too long on it's way back up, but they keep those engines fast in WF. 5724 and 5730 is also great! But do NOT ride 5728 (or look at it's burnt-back.)

Archived