MTA’s Latest Marketing Campaign Addresses Sick Customers

SevenEleven

post-6570-0-05438500-1400097796_thumb.jpg
It’s Monday morning and you’re rolling downtown on your regular (6) Lexington Avenue Local. The train pulls into 86 St and the doors slide open. They fail to close after a few minutes and then the conductor’s voice comes over the train’s public address system: “We are being delayed due to a sick customer onboard.” That announcement is part of a process focused on getting immediate medical assistance to the sick customer, who depending on the illness may or may not be ambulatory.

Read More: Source

post-6570-0-05438500-1400097796_thumb.jpg

I have some disagreements with stopping a whole train and delaying the whole line if one customer is sick. All they have to do is pull the customer off the train, seat them at the next station (or at the station the train is in), and continue service. 

And that's part of the MTA's reasoning behind this new ad campaign. Riders who feel sick on the trains should get off at the next stop so as to not needlessly delay service.

Also, the train crew cannot simply leave sick/injured passengers in the station without medical help present. Can you say "lawsuit"? If someone gets sick or injured on the train, said train must remain at the nearest station until medical help arrives and removes the passenger. There's really no other way around this.

Ended up taking the 2 shuttle bus to franklin this morning (Lol'd at the way the radio announcement was said; " 2 & 3 operators, it's 5 o clock, 5am, wrap it up, trains are running)..... Due to (standing around) too many ppl on the platform after about 10 mins, I started getting lightheaded.... Took a sip of water while leaning on one of the I-beams, felt much better, but still not 100.... (2) Train comes about 5 mins. later, had to stand up from franklin to atlantic.... I knew I was gonna miss my 5:12 (LIRR), so I settled for the (last resort) 5:51 (I seldom take the 5:28 anymore, because I don't like that wait @ JAM for those 20 something odd mins).... I sorely needed that 1/2 hour on the 5:51 (before it pulled out) to sit down, finish drinking my water there, to recover..... I could've ran for that 5:28, but I'm like what's the point... Run, because they only open the 3rd & 4th cars from the front at atlantic.....

The ultimate point I'm making here is that, carrying water (or any cool beverage) can go a long way..... Which is why I carry one every single morning...... It's a practice I started doing since high school, but didn't start doing daily until the last 3 yrs. or so..... Yes, I have a lot of poland spring cases at the crib here... lol.... Surely worth it for me.

Ended up taking the 2 shuttle bus to franklin this morning (Lol'd at the way the radio announcement was said; " 2 & 3 operators, it's 5 o clock, 5am, wrap it up, trains are running)..... Due to (standing around) too many ppl on the platform after about 10 mins, I started getting lightheaded.... Took a sip of water while leaning on one of the I-beams, felt much better, but still not 100.... (2) Train comes about 5 mins. later, had to stand up from franklin to atlantic.... I knew I was gonna miss my 5:12 (LIRR), so I settled for the (last resort) 5:51 (I seldom take the 5:28 anymore, because I don't like that wait @ JAM for those 20 something odd mins).... I sorely needed that 1/2 hour on the 5:51 (before it pulled out) to sit down, finish drinking my water there, to recover..... I could've ran for that 5:28, but I'm like what's the point... Run, because they only open the 3rd & 4th cars from the front at atlantic.....

The ultimate point I'm making here is that, carrying water (or any cool beverage) can go a long way..... Which is why I carry one every single morning...... It's a practice I started doing since high school, but didn't start doing daily until the last 3 yrs. or so..... Yes, I have a lot of poland spring cases at the crib here... lol.... Surely worth it for me.

Good advice! I do the same thing

Archived