MTA Removes more trash cans at J M Z line stations

mfs NJT459

This is annoying as balls. I don't have anywhere to throw my shit when I get off the J anymore. It probably means less litter due to fewer overflowing cans and wannabe-NBA players who miss their throws, but this is a quality of life thing. I don't want to have to carry trash with me cause the MTA couldn't figure out how to install another garbage can. 

This is annoying as balls. I don't have anywhere to throw my shit when I get off the J anymore. It probably means less litter due to fewer overflowing cans and wannabe-NBA players who miss their throws, but this is a quality of life thing. I don't want to have to carry trash with me cause the MTA couldn't figure out how to install another garbage can. 

I was against them removing trash cans. I think the jury on this is still out.  This seems to be a cost cutting measure by the (MTA) .  They're trying to say that it will reduce trash in the stations, but I'm not so sure about that.  The people that don't have proper training will just have more of a "excuse" now to throw their trash on the train or on the tracks.  Do they really think that they're going to reduce the number of rats by doing this?  Doesn't seem to be the case.  Instead of them being more likely to be on the platform of some stations, they'll just go to the tracks and follow the trash.

i am with the MTA on this. why should they take care of your garbage? they didn't buy that item for you to have and throw it away on their property. I go to sandy hook and they removed all the trash can. This was good because it kept all the flies away and no more looking at the overflow. 

I have no problem with this. Litterbugs don't care if there's a trash can or not, anyway; they throw their trash anywhere. With this, station agents can focus on something else, and rats will stay on the tracks if there's no garbage on the platform. The plan seems backwards, but I see how they're working.

I can't really say the same for Main St (7) .  There's a whole load of trash behind the bumper blocks especially on the center track.  The rest of the station looks fairly decent.

Trash was there 50 years ago as they never clean that area. Wonder if its the same trash.

Archived