NBA All-Star logo for New York game revealed

Harry

post-5097-0-92249800-1405004360_thumb.jpg
It’s a logo fitting of a Subway All-Star Weekend in New York. The design of the 2015 All-Star Game logo, which the NBA will release on Thursday morning, was inspired by the public transportation signs around the city. It’ll be fifth All-Star game in New York next February 15, but the first time the weekend will be shared by two boroughs. The Friday and Saturday events – which include the Slam Dunk and 3-point contests – will be held in Barclays Center. Sunday’s All-Star Game will be at Madison Square Garden. As part of the agreement to split the All-Star Game, the Barclays Center will be given the chance to host Sunday’s All-Star game as early as 2017.

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-92249800-1405004360_thumb.jpg

Outside of anything transportation related, I don't like the idea that saturday's event's will be in one arena, and the ASG itself will be played in another arena..... Yeah, the NBA's tryna be different w/ this, but still, the Brooklyn Nets & the NY Knicks are not synonymous with each other.... IMO, This is just as stupid a concept of having the HR derby for example being in yankee stadium & the ASG being in CitiField..... As always, this is about money.....

If I was a brooklyn nets fan, I would be appalled at this.... Either give the (established) knicks the full the opportunity of hosting the ASG weekend, or give the new team (well, the newly relocated team) that same opportunity.... Not this split isht... It's a PITA enough to have to deal w/ the current commuters traveling b/w downtown brooklyn & manhattan on weekends.... Now we're gonna have sports fanatics added to that mix as well.... Luckily, the Nets & the Knicks aren't heated rivals, or else something like this could get ugly real quick once outside the arenas, after the festivities....

As for the logo itself.... I mean I get it, the lines on the right hand side mimicing the subway map, and (as kamen pointed out), the '2' & the '0' being brooklyn's colors & the '1' & the '5'  being the knicks' colors, but this logo overall is flat out bland..... Boring ass font choice kills it.

Archived