Future of Atlantic City

mfs NJT459

I don't blame them. Their boss isn't going to want to hear the excuses... Either they're at work on time or they may be fired (and it does happen), so yes they're going to complain. Doesn't matter who's fault it is... They need to get to work on time. The B/O's are at work and getting paid. Their passengers are not, so there needs to be an understanding of that. We complain here too because it takes too long to get in. The only way to get improvements is TO COMPLAIN, otherwise nothing gets better.

I understand punctuality is important.

But the way those passengers treated SCT even after he explained why he was late and then apologized for it is out of line.

These people complain about their bus not showing to take them home on time, but they forget about the myriad of other buses trying to get into the Port so other commuters can do the same. That's why your 139 hasn't come yet Mr "I work a job that pays $150k a year but still choose to be an a**hole to the bus driver putting up with my BS to feed himself or his family".

I understand you have to be at work but the bus driver is human too. You wouldn't want your client saying you're the worst lawyer ever just because you lost the case you knew you weren't gonna win.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell me this....how the hell can we be on time if the tunnel is backed up EVERYDAY? Late or not the tunnel is backed up at any given time.

Every time i do the 319 i get to 495 20mins early just to be late to the gate by 45mins. Yet them damn howell riders want to blame me mind the fact i got got there asses there 20mins early, i tried and now its out of my hands due to a backed up tunnel. Me personally i don't give a damn about those people, because they moan about every little thing, and when i do get them early you don't get a thanks. So yeah i don't care fluck them. When i take them home on my return trip and they moan i slow the bus down n take my sweet ol time, i dont give a crap about them.

They are crying about getting to work on time to the most congested area in the world.

Tell me this....how the hell can we be on time if the tunnel is backed up EVERYDAY? Late or not the tunnel is backed up at any given time.

Every time i do the 319 i get to 495 20mins early just to be late to the gate by 45mins. Yet them damn howell riders want to blame me mind the fact i got got there asses there 20mins early, i tried and now its out of my hands due to a backed up tunnel. Me personally i don't give a damn about those people, because they moan about every little thing, and when i do get them early you don't get a thanks. So yeah i don't care fluck them. When i take them home on my return trip and they moan i slow the bus down n take my sweet ol time, i dont give a crap about them.

They are crying about getting to work on time to the most congested area in the world.

And that's something their bosses need to get through their heads too. Their company is in the most congested region in the country. So stop putting pressure on them to be on time because we all know it's not always gonna happen.

If anyone has a twitter, search up NJ Transit on twitter. You will get a laugh at how these people are blaming NJT for a backed up Tunnel that isn't even owned by them.

It just irritates me so much when passengers are disrespectful to the driver for something that is beyond his/her control.

Well let me ask you this... Does your employer allow you to be consistently late to work?  The fact of the matter is these people are paying for a service and a pretty penny at that and their employer doesn't give a crap about them working in a congested area.  If they can't be there they'll fire them and find someone who can.  Just the way things work.

I understand punctuality is important.

But the way those passengers treated SCT even after he explained why he was late and then apologized for it is out of line.

These people complain about their bus not showing to take them home on time, but they forget about the myriad of other buses trying to get into the Port so other commuters can do the same. That's why your 139 hasn't come yet Mr "I work a job that pays $150k a year but still choose to be an a**hole to the bus driver putting up with my BS to feed himself or his family".

I understand you have to be at work but the bus driver is human too. You wouldn't want your client saying you're the worst lawyer ever just because you lost the case you knew you weren't gonna win.

And that's something their bosses need to get through their heads too. Their company is in the most congested region in the country. So stop putting pressure on them to be on time because we all know it's not always gonna happen.

If anyone has a twitter, search up NJ Transit on twitter. You will get a laugh at how these people are blaming NJT for a backed up Tunnel that isn't even owned by them.

It just irritates me so much when passengers are disrespectful to the driver for something that is beyond his/her control.

I get it, but I also understand the passenger as well.  They have families, kids at home that need to be taken care of and so on, and the longer their bus is delayed, the longer they're delayed from taking care of things and seeing their family.  My boss happens to be pretty lax with coming in a little late and I've been here long enough and work long enough hours that it doesn't matter, but a lot of places aren't like that.  You keep showing up late and you'll be out of a job.

The fact is we cant be late. But traffic haults that. You sound like one of them fools too.

Okay, so then if you can't be late, understand that others need to get to work too, that's all I'm saying.  Quite frankly I wouldn't take it personal either.  If they don't complain their commutes will become worse.  My commute sometimes is two hours one way when traffic is bad, for what should be a 45 minute commute.  You don't think I should complain?  Sorry but I most certainly do complain.  I ask for more super express bus service and other improvements that can speed up my commute.  What needs to happen is improvements need to be made to the Lincoln Tunnel, and that may require a massive amount of funding, but you don't get any improvements and get politicians to do anything unless you complain. That's just the way it works.

If everything really goes south in AC, what do you think this means for the Rail Line?

It's more than likely gonna be used as a commuter line for folks who work in Philly.

@VG8: Then you're one of the lucky ones, but still, this is the NYC Metro area. There's a lot of congested highways and most employers need to take that into consideration.

But these passengers need to stop it with this notion that the problems with Lincoln Tunnel/PABT are ultimately NJT's fault. Those are both owned by Port Authority and are both very old.

@VG8: Then you're one of the lucky ones, but still, this is the NYC Metro area. There's a lot of congested highways and most employers need to take that into consideration.

But these passengers need to stop it with this notion that the problems with Lincoln Tunnel/PABT are ultimately NJT's fault. Those are both owned by Port Authority and are both very old.

I'm sorry but time is money.  You can't tell your employer, oh I'm late every day because of traffic.  They're going to tell you to either take an earlier bus or find another job.  It's extremely unprofessional to constantly show up late, and these folks I'm sure leave with more than enough time, but have no control over the situation.  Some people will say oh well then they should move, but that's not so easy if you have a family and kids that are in a good school.  

The fact of the matter is there are times when I have to be at meetings first thing in the morning or have conference calls and can't be late.  I can't tell the person that's waiting for me to call them in Europe that oh I'm sorry I'm stuck in traffic.  That could be the loss of a huge business account, and so those with important positions within their companies have places to be and have to be there, no ifs ands or buts.  That's the way the corporate world works.

How the hell can njt be at fault for traffic? Thats what im trying to get at. These bosses need to get it through there heads. Buses are not the only vehicle on the road. Yes i understand people have important jobs, when theres traffic and accidents, that is not in our hands plain and simple.

How the hell can njt be at fault for traffic? Thats what im trying to get at. These bosses need to get it through there heads.

They aren't at fault for traffic. NJ residents just need someone to blame and instead of pointing the finger at Port Authority and/or Governor Christie, they'd rather blame the ones who have to deal with the same problem.

How the hell can njt be at fault for traffic? Thats what im trying to get at. These bosses need to get it through there heads. Buses are not the only vehicle on the road. Yes i understand people have important jobs, when theres traffic and accidents, that is not in our hands plain and simple.

Well who else are they going to blame?  Yes, you guys aren't responsible for traffic and accidents, but it's you guys that are taking these folks to and from work so they have to blame somebody.  Someone has to be the scapegoat, whether it's fair or not in order for things to get done, so like I said don't take it personal.  It's part of the job.  Usually when people make stinks like this, the politicians have to respond in some way which is basically what needs to happen here.  The problem is that in order for this situation to improve, there needs to be money found for infrastructure improvements, so people will continue to complain until the issue is addressed.

Well who else are they going to blame? Yes, you guys aren't responsible for traffic and accidents, but it's you guys that are taking these folks to and from work so they have to blame somebody. Someone has to be the scapegoat, whether it's fair or not in order for things to get done, so like I said don't take it personal. It's part of the job. Usually when people make stinks like this, the politicians have to respond in some way which is basically what needs to happen here. The problem is that in order for this situation to improve, there needs to be money found for infrastructure improvements, so people will continue to complain until the issue is addressed.

You saw my above post right?

NJT isn't the one who has to be the scapegoat. They're just along for the ride basically.

I'm sorry but time is money.  You can't tell your employer, oh I'm late every day because of traffic.  They're going to tell you to either take an earlier bus or find another job.  It's extremely unprofessional to constantly show up late, and these folks I'm sure leave with more than enough time, but have no control over the situation.  Some people will say oh well then they should move, but that's not so easy if you have a family and kids that are in a good school.  

The fact of the matter is there are times when I have to be at meetings first thing in the morning or have conference calls and can't be late.  I can't tell the person that's waiting for me to call them in Europe that oh I'm sorry I'm stuck in traffic.  That could be the loss of a huge business account, and so those with important positions within their companies have places to be and have to be there, no ifs ands or buts.  That's the way the corporate world works.

May if there weren't so Many damn cars, and more people took public transportation, maybe this problem wouldn't be as bad.

Archived