Is The R46, R44, R68, and R68A Having Legit Signage?

The 46s operated on the N when the N was the QB local prior to 1987. the switch was to give the R direct yard access, something it did not have while the N had the choice of JAM or CI.

They ran on the "Circle (Q)" after 9/11 (the Diamond <Q> continued to terminate at 57th/7th) when it was thru-routed to 71st/Continental to take over the north half of the R with the lower section of the Broadway line closed (the J took over the south half, longest all local line Jamaica Center to 95th street. the M subbed for the south end of the N, operating on the Sea Beach to Coney Island)

The 75' foot cars are banded from the eastern division, but that does not mean their routes are not on the roll signs.

This question is based off my research for an R46  (N) ,an R46  (Q) train, an R68  (M) train, and an R46  (J) train.

​I need some answers here! 

I'm not sure what you're asking to be quite frank. Are you asking whether certain trains can display correct signage despite not being part of the line's assigned fleet? Or are you saying that you've seen trains with wrong signage, like SubwayGuy alluded to?

As you said.. As R32 / R42 retire.... As R179 delivered soon. My opinion (MTA) should sell rollout sign from R32 / R42 as it retire... At least some people can stop playing or changing rollout sign or play lol...... At least last remaining rollout sign in new York city subway will be R62A / R68 lol... I hope R211 does not have rollout sign , with the new model... Replacing R46..

As you said.. As R32 / R42 retire.... As R179 delivered soon. My opinion (MTA) should sell rollout sign from R32 / R42 as it retire... At least some people can stop playing or changing rollout sign or play lol...... At least last remaining rollout sign in new York city subway will be R62A / R68 lol... I hope R211 does not have rollout sign , with the new model... Replacing R46..

they do sell them

They are being sold, the problem is the retards doing this are unemployable and cannot muster up enough money to get one.

http://web.mta.info/nyct/materiel/collectsales/index.html

The smart way to do it is to go in with multiple people, place one order, minimize fees and get the 15% discount, and then distribute the merchandise after it's shipped/picked up.

I'm sure some of those jobless clueless morons prob post here or their buddies post here so I'm sure they see this....

I got trolled on Facebook two nights ago because he flamed one of my friends for no reason, I mean bad, racial slurs and everything. Its a fake account but we know who it really is. This didnt happen on the fans page, another FB group. That shows how lowlife some of these vandals can be. Let alone the fact that they lijke to change rollsigns and then actually have the nerve to post it, putting MTA workers jobs at risk.

You probably know this already but one MTA worker publically made an announcement on one of the sites demanding that those who take photos of changed rollsigns please do not post it for this reason. I was very involved in that discussion.

One person brought up a good point: Why are the TSSs holding the train crew responsible for this? Obviously the train crew does check to make sure all rollsigns are correct. To me that is unfair on the part of the higher ups. I can see why TA personel are so pissed off at this, I would be too if I was in RTO instead of an aspiring IT professional and student.

Archived