A New Reality?

TheNewYorkElevated

A person plays with the buttons of a train parked in the shop and suddenly it's some major thing...

Dude sees changes and goes into paranoid mode...

Little tip, NY el, the computers on the B Div NTTs can be programed to read nearly any combination of line and terminal. which is what make the system "Flexible", hence the F in FIND.

the R62s have carried (8)(10)(11)(12) and (13) since they arrived for possible supplements or route renaming.

(8) = <6>

(10) = <4> or <5>

(11)= <7>

(12) = which ever <10> isn't

(13) = (2) supplement

A person plays with the buttons of a train parked in the shop and suddenly it's some major thing...

Dude sees changes and goes into paranoid mode...

Little tip, NY el, the computers on the B Div NTTs can be programed to read nearly any combination of line and terminal. which is what make the system "Flexible", hence the F in FIND.

the R62s have carried (8)(10)(11)(12) and (13) since they arrived for possible supplements or route renaming.

(8) = <6>

(10) = <4> or <5>

(11)= <7>

(12) = which ever <10> isn't

(13) = (2) supplement

I wouldn't say it's as flexible as it should be. There are some glaringly obvious limitations, undoubtedly due to the engineers or programmers cutting more off the corners than they should have. A truly flexible system would have the shape, letter, color, and route all independently configurable. And the system should take care to make all the LED displays consistent on the train. On current trains, sometimes the displays don't match up. Left to make an educated guess, I'd say they appear to require manual intervention to sync up.

I wouldn't say it's as flexible as it should be. There are some glaringly obvious limitations, undoubtedly due to the engineers or programmers cutting more off the corners than they should have. A truly flexible system would have the shape, letter, color, and route all independently configurable. And the system should take care to make all the LED displays consistent on the train. On current trains, sometimes the displays don't match up. Left to make an educated guess, I'd say they appear to require manual intervention to sync up.

The problem is that the software is based on the same late '90s tech that's on the 142s. It's understandable for technology of that time, but it's quite dated for computers of today.

As for the additional and unused bullets and routes, they're just there for the potential for expanded service. It doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Archived