MCI 7462 crashed on turnpike.

busdude2

when i was on academy during the summertime few years ago, i was one of the standee actually sitting. there was like 3 or 4 other as well because we all want to go. i was going from Pa to Hazlet. once in hazlet i was sitting in the regular seat.

I was told not to take standees on the parkway/turnpike, then when you get to the toms river p/r and call control they tell you to take standees which i say no to, because transit will give that driver some type of points for having standees on the major highway.

They take them on the 111 all the time from what I seen. You'll have a bus full of standees fo the front. It happens on the 139 too, not as bad but it happens.

I was told not to take standees on the parkway/turnpike, then when you get to the toms river p/r and call control they tell you to take standees which i say no to, because transit will give that driver some type of points for having standees on the major highway.

I was told the driver is scheduled for a hearing this week over the standee deal. If it goes down the way I think its gonna go expect to be turned away from loaded buses alot more. Guys aren't gonna want to take the risk if they are gonna get in trouble which makes no sense when the buses are certified to stand 15.

Im not taking standees peroid on no highway. Njt is gona try to hang him you watch. Once i hit 55 at the port/toms river that it.

They maybe certified to take standees, however that doesnt mean nothing to transit. They dont want to payout lawsuits so they have to blame the operator for the standing ppl that may have been hurt.

Guys have been standing folks out of Old Bridge for awhile......its a known thing that its been going on. It sucks that they are probably gonna crucify this guys, but I can guarantee its gonna bite Transit in the long run when the Old Bridge people start complaining that they aren't being allowed to stand. They are gonna have to add yet more runs to the 137/139.

Is that only for the long stretches like Toms River/AC/Route 9? Because I never heard about that and Oradell lines take standees all the time but of course our highway segments are way shorter.

well people will complain to you folks and NJT why? because the posters stickers on the outside of the bus said XX passengers sit XX standees.

If they see that and want to hop on your bus otherwise they will get you into trouble. If you refused to do that the media will be on you a$$ till they get answer how you discriminate passengers for not allowing to stand when sign said XXstandee.

Was the rule written down on paper somewhere 553 that certain amount of highway time should be avoided? If not they are wrong.

That driver will be wipe clean. If he found guilty by njt for whatever punishment will be that driver can sue NJT for wrong doing when stickers sign said XX standee. Some drivers are on the passengers side because they don't want media on his or her a$$  

Is that only for the long stretches like Toms River/AC/Route 9? Because I never heard about that and Oradell lines take standees all the time but of course our highway segments are way shorter.

The long stretches. However those parkway express you have are not as long as ours, but at the sametime if you get into an accident and they get hurt well....you know the rest.

The problem with transit they say one thing and hang you. If you dont follow the book youll be just ok. Idc what the control center once i get 55 thats it.

Yeah especially Toms River to New York is way too long to be standing. But from what I understand, if you call control center, the conversation is recorded so you can always say you were just following instructions. But otoh yeah that's too long to stand so all you have to say is that you feel that it is a safety issue.

Archived