Terror in Paris

TheNewYorkElevated

First of, my 100th post for me on the forums, yay! :D Now, onto the topic.

As most of you have recently heard, there has been a terrorist attack in the French capital on the controversial newspaper, Charlie Hedbo. As of right now however, rumors are up in the air about where the suspects have been located.

www.cnn.com

www.today.com

While in France, we knew that Paris will face terrorist attack as was already the case numerous times in the past, this kind of attack took everyone by surprise.

We expected bomb in the subways or in major hubs of the city but we were not expecting an attack on a newspaper.

You can get the latest by visiting the English language version of France 24's (France's national news) webiste:

http://www.france24.com/en/20150108-france24-liveblog-several-arrests-charlie-hebdo-attack/

Also Russia Today (RT) does good updates on major events and usually dedicates a specific web page:

http://rt.com/news/220523-deadly-attack-french-newspaper/

While in France, we knew that Paris will face terrorist attack as was already the case numerous times in the past, this kind of attack took everyone by surprise.

We expected bomb in the subways or in major hubs of the city but we were not expecting an attack on a newspaper.

It's a sad event. I hope everyone is safe and may all who perished rest in peace. I hope one day to get to Paris, Lyon was great but my time there was too short.

How are Metro and buses service in that area? Is affected as well?

I'm glad you're all right.

RIP to those who were murdered by this senseless act of terrorism.

Did anyone see the footage of the suspects killing the cop? That was crazy.

I just saw that clip and I'm just so shocked at the brutality.

I'm never surprised by what I see around here...  <_<

Seriously!

We're talking about a terrorist act but you guys are worrying about how transit services were affected? I'm done.

Well, for one, lives were at stake. Two, this is a transit forum. Besides, why not ask? It's a possibility those Kouachi (or however their names are spelled) got on a subway, bus or tram(?) and hijacked it. It happens.

Like all, My condolences to those who perished in this too seriously taken matter(At least, how it of it. None should attack another for drawing an image of a character was my point when I used oversensitivity...)

Well, for one, lives were at stake. Two, this is a transit forum. Besides, why not ask? It's a possibility those Kouachi (or however their names are spelled) got on a subway, bus or tram(?) and hijacked it. It happens.

Like all, My condolences to those who perished in this too seriously taken matter(At least, how it of it. None should attack another for drawing an image of a character was my point when I used oversensitivity...)

The only flaw in your compromise is that this was posted in the 'Off Topic' section which means it's off topic from transit related news.

Archived