Old Westbury via the QM6 to Lake Success

Via Garibaldi 8

People who use nice cannot afford the LIRR. It's just cheaper to take the NICE Bus over to Queens and transfer to the subway than take the  LIRR. Come to think of it, I never see NICE Bus Riders take the bus to the LIRR for the LIRR, they're usually just transferring to another NICE route terminates the at the same station. Bus service on Long Island fails because it's underfunded and poorly routed. Aside from the malls, Jones Beach, the colleges, and retail centers, there's not enough places that I can think of that needs bus service in Nassau. It doesn't help that most of landmarks and trip generators are oddly centered in Mineola, Hempstead, Garden City, and Westbury, then scattered across different points of Nassau.

I also think it'll take a long time for people in Long Island to start accepting public transportation. Now everyone seems content with driving their cars, or taking the cab and the LIRR.

Plenty of that goes on at Mineola & Hicksville (that I know of)....

You would think that happens in Hempstead, but it seldom does.... Too many people taking N6's...

Imagine if RFM had a RR station (or worse, if RFM was the transit hub that HTC is).... You would really see how revered the LIRR is....

I see it everyday.. The hoards getting off the LIRR @ Mineola for the n22 or n24 to RFM....

As far as why it fails, what you're saying is true (underfunded & antiquatedly structured), but again, it's due to the pretentiousness of a lot of people in Nassau county also (which is a problem that existed lonnnng before Veolia/NICE came to existence).... There's a lot of money in Nassau County, and the very people who have it, you simply aren't going to get to utilizing the things en masse - just to get them to the RR.... It's not like in the city where you have so many of us that don't think twice about taking the bus to the subway... And by "us", this includes folks that make 6 figures.... Quiet is as kept, 7 figures too!

You're not going to see Mr. Wall street & Mr. Landscaper (or Mr. Illegal, have Pinepower tell it) taking the same n79 to Hicksville from the north... I do see Mr. Wall street on the opposite platform of the one I get off at, at Mineola.... What I don't see is Mr. Landscaper :lol:

Nope....

why do people who use nice not use the lirr and why do people who use lirr not use the bus? Especially if many NICE buses meet the LIRR? why does bus service fail in long island.

Most NICE Buses and Suffolk County Transit buses are used by poor class, or elderly and cannot afford to use LIRR or taxis.

At Mineola Station is only place where both passengers transfer between LIRR and NICE Bus.

Most passengers commute by LIRR has cars or friends picking up, or can afford to use taxis.

NICE Bus riders relies on buses mostly because they cannot afford, so they use NICE Bus to work.

It's his money, let him do what he wants with it... I am strongly against telling any man what to do with his own dollar... That's not even on no internet forum shit either.....

Not even close....

I gotta hit you with the price is right horn right now....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

I gotta J-Holiday this post (put it to BED)....

I'm surprised you of all people even said that, coming from someone that's BEEN fixated on suburban based bus systems.....

LIB/NICE is a failed urban-like bus system that runs in the suburbs.... Period....

That's Nassau county's problem now; on one end, it wants to be an extension of Queens (b/c urbanizing the county brings the county money) on one hand, but like Beverly freakin Hills OTOH.... Not going to happen.... Have Mangano really have his way, NICE would not exist..... If it was commuter like, those sentiments would not be shared by any politician at all.....

I hate to put it like this, but it's true.... Look at the lifestyle of folks fighting for better NICE service, and the lifestyle of folks that are flooding RR parking lots with their cars..... Which set of folks do you truly think is the majority....

NICE service being commuter-like is a joke.... Wanna see a commuter based bus system? Look no further than west of the Hudson whilst in Manhattan... Hell, even Bee-Line pulls off that *urban-like bus system while running in the suburbs* bit off better than NICE.....

Exactly... Anytime I'm on Long Island, I take car service to the LIRR or am picked up or dropped off at the LIRR, and the places that I go to, even that is frowned upon (taxi from the LIRR), but not as much because I'm coming from the city, but you get the idea... When I went to the Oheka Castle for a networking dinner, I think I was the only one coming from the city... Everyone else was having their cars driven to them by the guys that parked their cars and nothing cheap either in terms of cars... In this case, since I may have the day off and the location is close to the QM6, I would like an excuse to pass by the North Shore Towers to see the gated area, etc. I want to see how snobby the place is to comparison to Riverdale.

As far as NICE goes, I wouldn't be caught dead using that. When visiting clients and going to these events, appearance is VERY important.

Exactly... Anytime I'm on Long Island, I take car service to the LIRR or am picked up or dropped off at the LIRR, and the places that I go to, even that is frowned upon (taxi from the LIRR), but not as much because I'm coming from the city, but you get the idea... When I went to the Oheka Castle for a networking dinner, I think I was the only one coming from the city... Everyone else was having their cars driven to them by the guys that parked their cars and nothing cheap either in terms of cars... In this case, since I may have the day off and the location is close to the QM6, I would like an excuse to pass by the North Shore Towers to see the gated area, etc. I want to see how snobby the place is to comparison to Riverdale.

As far as NICE goes, I wouldn't be caught dead using that. When visiting clients and going to these events, appearance is VERY important.

at least NICE is more reliable than the M4& 101 lex routes. I guess I am the opposite. I would say that people are poorly educated about NICE. I mostly use em from the LIRR rather than to and from Queens as I am usually in a rush so I must use LIRR & NICE plus I hate cabs I don't feel like I am getting significantly better service than the bus then again I don't use buses for long trips unless trains are either non existent or available or absurdly overpriced like Amtrak. I don't do slow trips period I always use the quickest mode be it train or bus taxis are absurd for what is provided and to me only used as a last resort.

at least NICE is more reliable than the M4& 101 lex routes. I guess I am the opposite. I would say that people are poorly educated about NICE. I mostly use em from the LIRR rather than to and from Queens as I am usually in a rush so I must use LIRR & NICE plus I hate cabs I don't feel like I am getting significantly better service than the bus then again I don't use buses for long trips unless trains are either non existent or available or absurdly overpriced like Amtrak. I don't do slow trips period I always use the quickest mode be it train or bus taxis are absurd for what is provided and to me only used as a last resort.

lol From the horror stories I have heard, I couldn't even tell you where to get a NICE bus.  The only question for me after the LIRR when I've been out there is if someone is picking me up or if I'm taking a taxi.

You may be the opposite, but you're also missing the point....

It's not about "poorly educated" & what it implicates, it's that the lot of them have no desire to ride surface transportation.... You don't move out to the suburbs to rely on buses....

As far as taxi's go, I have to be in a certain mood to deal with taxi drivers (which isn't very often).... I don't know how true it is, but I heard to get from LIRR Mineola to Roosevelt field runs you about 7-8 bucks....

Most NICE Buses and Suffolk County Transit buses are used by poor class, or elderly and cannot afford to use LIRR or taxis.

At Mineola Station is only place where both passengers transfer between LIRR and NICE Bus.

Most passengers commute by LIRR has cars or friends picking up, or can afford to use taxis.

NICE Bus riders relies on buses mostly because they cannot afford, so they use NICE Bus to work.

well mineola is the only station with frequent and convenient bus connections. Rest run very poorly compared to LIRR service levels.

Plenty of that goes on at Mineola & Hicksville (that I know of)....

You would think that happens in Hempstead, but it seldom does.... Too many people taking N6's...

Imagine if RFM had a RR station (or worse, if RFM was the transit hub that HTC is).... You would really see how revered the LIRR is....

I see it everyday.. The hoards getting off the LIRR @ Mineola for the n22 or n24 to RFM....

As far as why it fails, what you're saying is true (underfunded & antiquatedly structured), but again, it's due to the pretentiousness of a lot of people in Nassau county also (which is a problem that existed lonnnng before Veolia/NICE came to existence).... There's a lot of money in Nassau County, and the very people who have it, you simply aren't going to get to utilizing the things en masse - just to get them to the RR.... It's not like in the city where you have so many of us that don't think twice about taking the bus to the subway... And by "us", this includes folks that make 6 figures.... Quiet is as kept, 7 figures too!

You're not going to see Mr. Wall street & Mr. Landscaper (or Mr. Illegal, have Pinepower tell it) taking the same n79 to Hicksville from the north... I do see Mr. Wall street on the opposite platform of the one I get off at, at Mineola.... What I don't see is Mr. Landscaper :lol:

Nope....

N22/24 to RFM from LIRR yup I do it too. How is it antiquated explain how can NICE modernize? I got the same vide a bit that NICE is very outdated.

It's due to the stigma that still plagues buses in general to this day.... Buses are viewed in a lot of suburban areas as transportation that's catered to the low class..... They would not be caught dead on a bus, because it would give off the impression that they are poor.... It's a part of the "keeping up with the jones' " mentality that exists in many suburbs.....

The mentality exists in some urban areas too, but it's to a much lesser extent.....

Then why is transit use increasing across the country?

well mineola is the only station with frequent and convenient bus connections. Rest run very poorly compared to LIRR service levels. N22/24 to RFM from LIRR yup I do it too. How is it antiquated explain how can NICE modernize? I got the same vide a bit that NICE is very outdated. Then why is transit use increasing across the country?

We're not talking about across the country.  In the suburbs, you use commuter services OR drive. Otherwise if you're using buses, you're considered to be poor.

N22/24 to RFM from LIRR yup I do it too. How is it antiquated explain how can NICE modernize? I got the same vide a bit that NICE is very outdated.

I'm not gonna turn this into an idea thread.....

Then why is transit use increasing across the country?

As far as this blatant red herring argument you now wanna bring up (for whatever reason), that's due to people not being able to afford cars... That's not typically a problem in one of the richest counties in the entire damn country.....

I don't know why you're getting defensive for anyway; folks en masse in Nassau simply county don't ride the damn things (buses) to the tune that you think they should, nor are they going to - Especially as long as there are 3+ car households that are as rampant across the county as it is...

Enough of this... I'm gonna lay this out right here right now...

You may as well drop the feigning ignorance act like you don't know how suburbanites think when it comes to public transportation... All of a sudden you think NICE should be this revolutionary bus system that rich snobs would willingly embark on because it's so fast...

lol From the horror stories I have heard, I couldn't even tell you where to get a NICE bus.  The only question for me after the LIRR when I've been out there is if someone is picking me up or if I'm taking a taxi.

I guess I keep getting lucky with buses.

I'm not gonna turn this into an idea thread.....

As far as this blatant red herring argument you now wanna bring up (for whatever reason), that's due to people not being able to afford cars... That's not typically a problem in one of the richest counties in the entire damn country.....

I don't know why you're getting defensive for anyway; folks en masse in Nassau simply county don't ride the damn things (buses) to the tune that you think they should, nor are they going to - Especially as long as there are 3+ car households that are as rampant across the county as it is...

Enough of this... I'm gonna lay this out right here right now...

You may as well drop the feigning ignorance act like you don't know how suburbanites think when it comes to public transportation... All of a sudden you think NICE should be this revolutionary bus system that rich snobs would willingly embark on because it's so fast...

Montgomery county MD is also a wealthy county yet they have a very extensive bus network & a metro line.

Well in some places it's acceptable and not looked down upon. The Madison Avenue line in the city would be an example.

looked down on huh that is sheep mentality. The Madison ave line is actually one of the few decent Manhattan bus lines. The rest are a disaster. There is no difference between using buses in the city and in long island to my shock I met several SCT riders on the LIRR. The only difference between nice and say Manhattan is service levels and NICE's higher speed & reliability compared to Manhattan. Plus many NICE buses are only as frequent as the LIRR like 30 minutes to hourly or every 15 minutes like n15 or better on n6&4 & N70/71/72. N23 is 30 minutes but based on my experience is timed with either trains at mineola or Roslyn. As soon as I got off the oyster bay line N23 was already waiting for me both a northbound & southbound. The worst lines are N22,73,80,81,55/54&51 in terms of frequency & n22 for reliability but nowhere near as bad as many Manhattan locals. I have taken buses in many areas so yes I can compare them easily.

Montgomery county is wealthier than Nassau.

Like I said... the exception does not swallow the rule...

Apparently you don't know what that saying means, so I'll have to spell it out for you...

You are hand picking Montgomery county like there are a bunch of wealthy enclaves with bustling surface transit systems...

Fact of the matter is, There aren't.....

So whatever point you're trying to prove with these past couple of posts is an insignificant one.... Those with money in NASSAU COUNTY don't ride NICE... That doesn't have anything to do with some Montgomery County, or any other anomalous (that means, not normal) exceptions you wish to pull on make the same inane point...

looked down on huh that is sheep mentality. The Madison ave line is actually one of the few decent Manhattan bus lines. The rest are a disaster. There is no difference between using buses in the city and in long island to my shock I met several SCT riders on the LIRR. The only difference between nice and say Manhattan is service levels and NICE's higher speed & reliability compared to Manhattan. Plus many NICE buses are only as frequent as the LIRR like 30 minutes to hourly or every 15 minutes like n15 or better on n6&4 & N70/71/72. N23 is 30 minutes but based on my experience is timed with either trains at mineola or Roslyn. As soon as I got off the oyster bay line N23 was already waiting for me both a northbound & southbound. The worst lines are N22,73,80,81,55/54&51 in terms of frequency & n22 for reliability but nowhere near as bad as many Manhattan locals. I have taken buses in many areas so yes I can compare them easily.

Who are you supposed to be with this bullshit, FamousNYLover 2.0 with this NICE cockstroking or what.....

So from what I read somebody thinks Nice Bus is more reliable than some Manhattan routes. That is a funny joke because since when does a system where half the buses are constantly breaking down and many routes are missing reliable? As if waiting an hour or more for the N20 in Flushing is as bad as Manhattan routes operated by a much more reliable MTA.

Lol I swear some can't admit they are wrong and still try to throw some nonsense at you.

So from what I read somebody thinks Nice Bus is more reliable than some Manhattan routes. That is a funny joke because since when does a system where half the buses are constantly breaking down and many routes are missing reliable? As if waiting an hour or more for the N20 in Flushing is as bad as Manhattan routes operated by a much more reliable MTA.

Lol I swear some can't admit they are wrong and still try to throw some nonsense at you.

Same old rhetoric we won't have to hear from him no more - Manhattan bus routes are so useless, this & this & that... That's all this was, yet again...

Only difference is he's using NICE to make his point (as retarded as it was).....

Archived