MTA sees increase in garbage at subway stations, growing ridership could be the reason

Harry

Its easier for Metro North to keep there system tidy cause they don't as nearly much ridership as the subway, most of the routes every 30 mins to an hour off peak, even then still they problems with pests every now and then...

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/bronx/raccoons-stalking-bronx-metro-north-station-article-1.1474140

Also if anyone ever noticed, the part time stations in the Subway like Fulton and Broad on the (J) are far cleaner than the average subway station. Part of the reason I was bummed that service will be extended there 24/7.

Not all part-time stations/lines/routes are clean. You should have seen how dirty the (B) train was by the time I got on at Brighton Beach this afternoon at around 2:30 p.m. Hell, the station cleaners didn't even clean the train at all either. They only removed a bit of trash and left everything else the way it was --- dirty. Matter of fact, it don't really matter anyway. The city is always dirty. Why else do you think people are bitching about bedbugs and blah blah blah they see in the subway every now and then?

Not all part-time stations/lines/routes are clean. You should have seen how dirty the (B) train was by the time I got on at Brighton Beach this afternoon at around 2:30 p.m. Hell, the station cleaners didn't even clean the train at all either. They only removed a bit of trash and left everything else the way it was --- dirty. Matter of fact, it don't really matter anyway. The city is always dirty. Why else do you think people are bitching about bedbugs and blah blah blah they see in the subway every now and then?

LOL! The (B) and (D) are two of the dirtiest, grimiest trains in the system, and not too many stations in Manhattan above 59th street look decent.  The Central Park West stations are DEPLORABLE.  Even 81st street is just tolerable though it looks cleaner and is certainly newer than the other stations.  I don't recall seeing any trash cans anywhere along the Central Park West stations though...

• 3 weeks later...

Put some fines on the garbage like the foreign countries and then people'll learn their stuff.

LOL! The  (B) and  (D) are two of the dirtiest, grimiest trains in the system, and not too many stations in Manhattan above 59th street look decent.  The Central Park West stations are DEPLORABLE.  Even 81st street is just tolerable though it looks cleaner and is certainly newer than the other stations.  I don't recall seeing any trash cans anywhere along the Central Park West stations though...

It is kinda bad above 59 St, I agree, but for me the dirtiest are definitely the Manhattan section of the (J)(M)(Z). Not only is there trash everywhere, smells awful too.

Speaking off trains, there are no garbages on LIRR like Great Neck, Hicksville, Westbury, Freeport and Hempstead, well as my neighborhood Junction Blvd and 90th St-Elmhurst (7) train. Even Flushing and Jamaica Center Station are messy as well.

I never throw garbage on train, subway or bus because I'm clean freak.

Everytime when I eat my lunch or dinner on bus or train, I always clean my seat with clean napkins and put in my plastic bag, which I throw it at trash can or recycle bin depends where I'm heading. Especially on NICE Bus on my way to  my favorite Whole Foods.

Archived