MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

29 minutes ago, TyBusLover1 said:

Thanks. It seems that ENY depot is retiring all their ex- Casey Stengel NG HEVs.

I wouldn’t say that, they still have 4 units that are active, it’s just 4473 hasn’t ran since the 12th. But it’s probably getting long maintenance on, now from the other ones being 4200 and 4479 those were the worst bunch they had and just couldn’t come back. But yeah 4187,4201 and 4478 been the most active ones they had so far.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

I wouldn’t say that, they still have 4 units that are active, it’s just 4473 hasn’t ran since the 12th. But it’s probably getting long maintenance on, now from the other ones being 4200 and 4479 those were the worst bunch they had and just couldn’t come back. But yeah 4187,4201 and 4478 been the most active ones they had so far.

Makes sense.

3762 at JFK has been confirmed to be retired.

This marks the end of an era for the Old Gens. One of the best Orion VIIs in the system, including CNG and Hybrid, totaling of 1,085 buses, started service from 2002 until today. 

Edited by RSMG106

4 minutes ago, RSMG106 said:

This marks the end of an era for the Old Gens.

*sigh* They had the streets until they couldn't handle them...

6 minutes ago, RSMG106 said:

This marks the end of an era for the Old Gens. One of the best Orion VIIs in the system, including CNG and Hybrid, totaling of 1,085 buses, started service from 2002 until today. 

Is there any proof of that?

Posted (edited)
On 3/22/2024 at 2:50 PM, Calvin said:

3756: retired at JFK

On 3/24/2024 at 12:13 AM, poopybutt123 said:

4150 from JFK has been retired 

23 hours ago, RSMG106 said:

3708, 3751, and 3821 at JFK are retired.

4639: JFK to Eastchester scrap.

3762 is the last unit at JFK to remain in service.

8 hours ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

4479 from ENY is retired. 

2 hours ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

3751 is at EC, and 3708 made its way to Zerega. 

2 hours ago, RSMG106 said:

Greetings!

The FIRST PAGE has been updated! Submitted for your approval! Enjoy!

By the way, are 3502, 3702 still at Zerega? 

Edited by The TransitMan

12 hours ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

If I remember back then, don’t they use some of the units that hasn’t been in service as swing buses that’s seen by the Canarsie station on the (L) ? Or that they rotate XD-40s to that place.

50 minutes ago, Calvin said:

If I remember back then, don’t they use some of the units that hasn’t been in service as swing buses that’s seen by the Canarsie station on the (L) ? Or that they rotate XD-40s to that place.

Yeah ENY used to do that, I actually have a photo of 4585 that use to be in passenger service, but was then retired and used a swing bus, that was back in 2021 or 2022, but ofc the bus been got scrapped.  But as of now, the X Equipment has taken over when it comes to swing buses. Ofc every now and then you’ll see them on swing duty but not like that.

5 minutes ago, NYC Bus Roster said:

It's a 2005 which would make it 19 years old. But don't worry, it's for MTA Bus, so it doesn't really matter! LOL MTA Bus is used to being treated like a stepchild.

Thanks! I thought it was from 2006.