US Women’s Soccer Ticker-Tape Parade info (some stations will be closed)

alekr

http://www.mta.info/news-parade-subway-bus-lirr-metro-north/2015/07/09/mta-your-best-way-get-us-women%E2%80%99s-soccer-ticker.

Plan ahead. The MTA said that the (E) might will terminate at Canal Street if the crowd conditions increase at the WTC station. I'm just concerned how they will be able to turn around quickly at Canal Street without causing clogging on the (A)(C). The (R) will not stop at City Hall in both directions. 

The (4)(5)(6) will be packed I'm sure because of the Metro-North riders too. 

http://www.mta.info/news-parade-subway-bus-lirr-metro-north/2015/07/09/mta-your-best-way-get-us-women%E2%80%99s-soccer-ticker.

Plan ahead. The MTA said that the (E) might will terminate at Canal Street if the crowd conditions increase at the WTC station. I'm just concerned how they will be able to turn around quickly at Canal Street without causing clogging on the (A)(C). The (R) will not stop at City Hall in both directions. 

The (4)(5)(6) will be packed I'm sure because of the Metro-North riders too. 

As far as the (E) is concerned, it would only back up (C) line service since the E would still relay at WTC.

As far as the (E) is concerned, it would only back up (C) line service since the E would still relay at WTC.

Maybe the solution there is to extend the (E) to Utica (running express in Brooklyn) and terminate there during the parade while the (A) and (C) both run local in Brooklyn just during the period of the parade.  Not perfect, but a compromise.

Maybe the solution there is to extend the (E) to Utica (running express in Brooklyn) and terminate there during the parade while the (A) and (C) both run local in Brooklyn just during the period of the parade. Not perfect, but a compromise.

LMAOOOOOOO

Despite the fact that 20% (or whatever the percentage is) of this team being from NJ), NYC should have never had a parade for this team to begin with.... I'm not even making the "it's not NY, it's NJ, so have it in NJ" claim..... To me, this is clearly a case of NYC being championship starved.... It has more to do with NYC than anything.

In other words, for example - Had the Rangers won the stanley cup this year (or even last year), this parade wouldn't have went down.... I put any amount of money I have on that.

what makes you say that?  

Cause they are disruptive and expensive..? the last parade for anyone other than a sports champion was November 16th, 1998, for the crew of STS-95, John Glenn's return to space aboard Space Shuttle Discovery.

Corbis-0000348190-002.jpg?size=67&uid=14

Maybe the solution there is to extend the (E) to Utica (running express in Brooklyn) and terminate there during the parade while the (A) and (C) both run local in Brooklyn just during the period of the parade.  Not perfect, but a compromise.

Or just continue to relay trains at World Trade Center after everyone is told to GTFO at Canal. They ran that way for months after 9/11. You actually think Cranberry can take all three at once?

Despite the fact that 20% (or whatever the percentage is) of this team being from NJ), NYC should have never had a parade for this team to begin with.... I'm not even making the "it's not NY, it's NJ, so have it in NJ" claim..... To me, this is clearly a case of NYC being championship starved.... It has more to do with NYC than anything.

In other words, for example - Had the Rangers won the stanley cup this year (or even last year), this parade wouldn't have went down.... I put any amount of money I have on that.

I heard this announcement they were going to do this on ESPN radio with (your buddy) Mike Lupica who along with borough president Brewer that thought it was a great idea.

My co workers at Lakeland who had to do our Downtown route via 7 Av/ and Broadway were, needless to say, caught by surprise....

I heard this announcement they were going to do this on ESPN radio with (your buddy) Mike Lupica who along with borough president Brewer that thought it was a great idea.

My co workers at Lakeland who had to do our Downtown route via 7 Av/ and Broadway were, needless to say, caught by surprise....

I haven't listened to that moron in a minute now.... During my lunch hour, the ruocco & rothenberg show is on, so I tune in to them - and that's where I first heard the news about a parade for this team.....

My exact words were upon hearing it were: "For What"...

I read someone's theory on another forum, basically saying that this was more a pro-woman thing to have this parade, more than it was them winning the cup itself.... I don't believe that's the case at all - I just happen to think it's the whole 'x' amt. of players being from NJ thing as to why NYC (like the opportunists we are) had a parade put on for this team.....

It's like the city was chomping at the bit to celebrate.... some sports team....

(kind of like mets fans, when the yankees last won the world series.... I was shocked to see (on the news)/hear about as many met fans that went there)

And when the Mets beat Boston in '86, the Yankee fans showed up.

The thing most feminists don't want you to know is that the Lady Yanks are only good because of the sub-par treatment of the other Women's teams. Every other country focuses on the men's team, and the women's team is an after thought. We treat both teams roughly equal. So both have the same caliber of play. if other countries did this, the USWNST would fare no better then their male counterparts.

I don't know what happened in that parade in '86; didn't follow baseball then..... All I knew about baseball is that NYC was a Met town in those days & that's it.....

As far as "Lady Yanks", that's what they call themselves.... smh.... News to me..

I don't exactly know what you mean by "treatment", but I'd say the women have surpassed the men in terms of recognition... The men get looked at like they're a joke; they're not expected to win like the women are nowadays....

As for feminists, they would be on the women, women, rah rah rah bandwagon regardless.... They're on that shit with the Liberty & yet & still no one gives a rat's ass about them, or the sorry ass league that is under the umbrella of the NBA (the WNBA) - even as bad as the stinkin Knicks are......

Anyway, I'll just wait for NYCFC or the Red Bulls to win the MLS cup so we can have damn parade for them too......

I don't know what happened in that parade in '86; didn't follow baseball then..... All I knew about baseball is that NYC was a Met town in those days & that's it.....

As far as "Lady Yanks", that's what they call themselves.... smh.... News to me..

I don't exactly know what you mean by "treatment", but I'd say the women have surpassed the men in terms of recognition... The men get looked at like they're a joke; they're not expected to win like the women are nowadays....

As for feminists, they would be on the women, women, rah rah rah bandwagon regardless.... They're on that shit with the Liberty & yet & still no one gives a rat's ass about them, or the sorry ass league that is under the umbrella of the NBA (the WNBA) - even as bad as the stinkin Knicks are......

Anyway, I'll just wait for NYCFC or the Red Bulls to win the MLS cup so we can have damn parade for them too......

What he's saying is that most other countries care way more about the World Cup than the Women's World Cup, so they don't really put effort into the Women's Cup at all (which is why the American team won the championship of a sport that Americans are known for not caring about). Title IX also happens to work in America's favor for this, since the requirement to have both male and female sports teams leads to us having way more female athletes in general, and of a higher quality than other female athletes around the world.

exactly, our Women's team kicks butt because they are playing comparatively weaker teams than the men's team plays against.

The girl power bandwagon will use this win to try to sell the idea the women's team is better, when they are really interchangeable. If other countries had an equivalent to title IX, then both US teams would be middle ground also ran's. the Men are currently ranked 34 out of 209.

and to B35, both Men and Women squads share the nicknames "The Yanks" and "the Stars and Stripes", I just throw Lady in front to tell them apart.

exactly, our Women's team kicks butt because they are playing comparatively weaker teams than the men's team plays against.

The girl power bandwagon will use this win to try to sell the idea the women's team is better, when they are really interchangeable. If other countries had an equivalent to title IX, then both US teams would be middle ground also ran's. the Men are currently ranked 34 out of 209.

and to B35, both Men and Women squads share the nicknames "The Yanks" and "the Stars and Stripes", I just throw Lady in front to tell them apart.

Not entirely true.

While many countries put a far greater emphasis on the men's team, there are countries (China and Japan to name two) that put a strong emphasis on the women's team and more countries are putting an emphasis on it.  This was a much bigger win in the Women's WC than either of the other two titles (the inaugural event in 1991 and of course 1999) and there were many who wanted to salute this team (and it was the most watch soccer event in US history, men OR women). 

Or just continue to relay trains at World Trade Center after everyone is told to GTFO at Canal. They ran that way for months after 9/11. You actually think Cranberry can take all three at once?

The idea was this was OUTSIDE of rush hour and service would return to normal following the conclusion of the events.  It would have been simply to avoid having the (C) held up by people dealing with the (E) being let out at Canal and ONLY for as long as necessary.  

9/11 was a completely different situation.

Archived