Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, ronZO215 said:

Just got the same call and text for the pre-employment. I'm also still waiting for my CPAP machine. Should be getting it in like 2 weeks. 

So just disregard this text since I'm already halfway through being medically cleared? Don't want them to take me off the list if that's a possibility if I don't report on 2/9. 

I'm not sure. I'll email Ms. Olha and Ms. Rivera-Vargas to see about what I should do. 

1 hour ago, ronZO215 said:

Just got the same call and text for the pre-employment. I'm also still waiting for my CPAP machine. Should be getting it in like 2 weeks. 

So just disregard this text since I'm already halfway through being medically cleared? Don't want them to take me off the list if that's a possibility if I don't report on 2/9. 

Call them tomorrow morning and make sure be 1000% sure you don't wanna miss out just talk to Ms Olha or Ms Vargas 

I just want to clear up the pay scale. This is the last year of the contract. I started 9/13/21 and my pay is $23.67, not $24.33 as pinned above. $24.32 will be the starting pay in May.

Here is the breakdown

Current pay schedule

Dollar Amt.              Night Dif
Entrance $23.6731    0.9586
2nd year $25.3640    1.0271
3rd year $27.0549     1.0956
4th year $28.7459     1.1640
5th year $30.4368     1.2325
6th year $33.8187     1.3695

Pay as of May 16th 2022 this year

Entrance $24.32
2nd year $26.06
3rd year $27.79
4th year $29.53
5th year $31.27
6th year $34.74

14 minutes ago, Camean said:

I just want to clear up the pay scale. This is the last year of the contract. I started 9/13/21 and my pay is $23.67, not $24.33 as pinned above. $24.32 will be the starting pay in May.

Here is the breakdown

Current pay schedule

Dollar Amt.              Night Dif
Entrance $23.6731    0.9586
2nd year $25.3640    1.0271
3rd year $27.0549     1.0956
4th year $28.7459     1.1640
5th year $30.4368     1.2325
6th year $33.8187     1.3695

Pay as of May 16th 2022 this year

Entrance $24.32
2nd year $26.06
3rd year $27.79
4th year $29.53
5th year $31.27
6th year $34.74

😍😍yup I’m doing what I gotta do to get this career 

9 hours ago, Grady6601 said:

Def never heard of that it usually is a process 

I’ve been reading this forum for a long time, I just never posted anything. I’ve always read that you have to wait months for the next process, I was shocked myself but after the first part of the OPA test the person in the room told us that we would know everything before we leave. 
mom my way home I asked an MTA worker that I saw on the train, she said that MTA need people now.

2 hours ago, Bolo said:

I’ve been reading this forum for a long time, I just never posted anything. I’ve always read that you have to wait months for the next process, I was shocked myself but after the first part of the OPA test the person in the room told us that we would know everything before we leave. 
mom my way home I asked an MTA worker that I saw on the train, she said that MTA need people now.

Yea they do but it goes by order on the list for people with higher list numbers to get called over people who list number is lower don’t sound right 

On 7/11/2015 at 11:05 PM, whatisacup said:

So I've spent many hours today searching for an answer, so I thought I would ask.

I plan on signing up and possibly taking both exams coming up (Fall and Winter signup). I won't get into specifics, but I want to do everything I can to score very well.

I was at a bookstore the other day and decided to pick up a general Civil Service study guide. I opened it up and took some practice exams, they were not easy. My math skills are strong, however, I wouldn't consider myself a grammar expert. I didn't score all that well on the grammar usage section. 

I had my wife, who is a Harvard Law Grad and is currently a contract attorney, take a look. She didn't score as bad as me, but she did get some wrong and mentioned the tests were very difficult. A sample question that I found quite hard is :

Select the sentence that represents the best example of English grammar:

A .In Europe, scientists have found that the drastic changes in weather is in direct correlation to the increase in car use.

B .The Magic Castle in Hollywood have been declared a historic landmark by the City of Los Angeles.

C .There is a water shortage therefore waiters should only serve water to patrons on request instead of bringing water glasses to everyone at every table.

D. After years of serving the community, the local library will be shut down due to lack of funds.

I also found some spelling sections difficult as well.

Before I go overboard and spend time studying material that isn't relevant to the exams, I want to ask what should I expect on these tests? I've read those Passbooks are a waste of money, and a good resource for the Bus Operator test is a DMV study guide. 

Do the type of questions I mentioned above exist on the test? Also, do they have spelling/grammar sections? What kind of math questions (multiplying fractions?). What kind of questions and topics should I look into? I've read that the exam is very easy and is basic math and trip situation questions. Can anyone confirm this?

If I'm going to give these exams a shot, I want to do everything humanly possible to do well.

Thanks!

All these exams are common sense exams no right way to study for them I never tried to look up a study manual it’s more about common sense 

2 hours ago, Bolo said:

I’d really make sure because you don’t wanna make a mistake this far out 

So I got the email about pre-employment this morning. Shot off an email to some people about my situation being on medical hold already (placed about a month ago) but being asked to do pre-employment again. I don't want to miss an opportunity so I'll do it all over again if needed.

59 minutes ago, TraDon said:

So I got the email about pre-employment this morning. Shot off an email to some people about my situation being on medical hold already (placed about a month ago) but being asked to do pre-employment again. I don't want to miss an opportunity so I'll do it all over again if needed.

I had gotten a email from  Olha Nyahay 

and I been waiting for medical since Oct 26

428x

”We did not reach your list number for the second step. You will be invited for another pre-employment process.”

like they lost my application or something why would have to redo pre-employment 

but employment operation said 

they mostly call me next week or the following 

2 minutes ago, Gullys said:

I had gotten a email from  Olha Nyahay 

and I been waiting for medical since Oct 26

428x

”We did not reach your list number for the second step. You will be invited for another pre-employment process.”

like they lost my application or something why would have to redo pre-employment 

but employment operation said 

they mostly call me next week or the following 

You would have to redo the first step (drug test) because it is only valid for 30 days. So since you did it in October and they didn't reach your list number for medical, you'll have to do another drug test. You'll still have to bring in the same forms from the first time and all your original documents (SS card, birth certificate, etc.).

They call more names than needed for the first part of pre-employment because some people will fail the drug test and be disqualified. Others won't be interested in the job any long. Others will have unpaid tickets or not have original documents and just plain miss the appointment. 

Also, people like me who were placed on medical hold will knock higher list numbers back once we clear the hold. 

6 minutes ago, TraDon said:

You would have to redo the first step (drug test) because it is only valid for 30 days. So since you did it in October and they didn't reach your list number for medical, you'll have to do another drug test. You'll still have to bring in the same forms from the first time and all your original documents (SS card, birth certificate, etc.).

They call more names than needed for the first part of pre-employment because some people will fail the drug test and be disqualified. Others won't be interested in the job any long. Others will have unpaid tickets or not have original documents and just plain miss the appointment. 

Also, people like me who were placed on medical hold will knock higher list numbers back once we clear the hold. 

Crazy yeah I will  but wasn’t my fault they toke long  just called employment again just few mins and she said that 

1 minute ago, Gullys said:

Crazy yeah I will  but wasn’t my fault they toke long  just called employment again just few mins and she said that 

Reminds me when going for conductor and t/o the amount of times going to pre employment I got to remember their names 😅