Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

40 minutes ago, Gullys said:

I went in today for second lab 

since mine expired from 90 days

employment aka admins wasn’t there to collect paper work

only people there was medical admins  and urine lab  

security didn’t even know what he was doing 

there’s was two type of list medical and pre-employment list 

security only had pre-employment list and wasn’t letting anyone who was for medical inside 

telling them to come back Monday because they wasn’t in the list to enter the building 

this got be a joke how mta running employment process and crying for that they don’t have enough workers 

all I did was urine which one of the guy told me it’s only last 30 days 

That's what I'm saying, cry about short staff and can't do a quick and efficient process 🤦‍♂️

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gullys said:

I went in today for second lab 

I was surprised they told you to come in today at all. Unfortunately, HR aren't going to give up their weekend, but the people doing the drug test will always be there for incident testing and randoms. 

4 hours ago, Jericho said:

I was surprised they told you to come in today at all. Unfortunately, HR aren't going to give up their weekend, but the people doing the drug test will always be there for incident testing and randoms. 

I was surprised too 

i got two job and work 6 days a week to make end meets and I had to call out From work 

everyone don’t live with there parents 

you can’t schedule people to come in after waiting for so long and not able to do the whole process 

everyone got bills, children, Responsibility Etc 

On 2/5/2022 at 6:38 PM, Gullys said:

I was surprised too 

i got two job and work 6 days a week to make end meets and I had to call out From work 

everyone don’t live with there parents 

you can’t schedule people to come in after waiting for so long and not able to do the whole process 

everyone got bills, children, Responsibility Etc 

Once you get hired by these folk you are going to find out how much they are more concerned about you coming to work..

Than what goes on in your life outside of work...

2 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Once you get hired by these folk you are going to find out how much they are more concerned about you coming to work..

I went to the office today 

there was mixture of cleaners and conductor also Medical’s 

Long story short

they toke my application and said they would give it to hiring manager 

how they going to process me without documents 

this place a shyt hole 

but it’s how all city job operates I was told 

Edited by Gullys

Hey guys, I hope everything is going well for everyone 🙏  I wanted to ask for some advice on what to do, anything is greatly appreciated. I recieved an email back in October of 2021 for a canvassing appointment but I didn't notice it until last week. I was out with a fractured leg that'll literally be mostly healed  by the end of the month. I emailed RTOemployment operations already along with the person who initially sent the email. When I check online on the civil service site, it says my name is good till next year and the number says "you're on the list". No one has emailed me back, and I really don't want to miss this opportunity. How do I reschedule a canvass appointment? Will they re extend an offer?

18 hours ago, MTA SAMA said:

Hey guys, I hope everything is going well for everyone 🙏  I wanted to ask for some advice on what to do, anything is greatly appreciated. I recieved an email back in October of 2021 for a canvassing appointment but I didn't notice it until last week. I was out with a fractured leg that'll literally be mostly healed  by the end of the month. I emailed RTOemployment operations already along with the person who initially sent the email. When I check online on the civil service site, it says my name is good till next year and the number says "you're on the list". No one has emailed me back, and I really don't want to miss this opportunity. How do I reschedule a canvass appointment? Will they re extend an offer?

email LMA to be Reinstated 

email Olha to be Reschedule

with list number 

ssn

title

name 

LMACustomerService@dcas.nyc.gov

Olha.Nyahay@nyct.com

22 hours ago, Gullys said:

I went to the office today 

there was mixture of cleaners and conductor also Medical’s 

Long story short

they toke my application and said they would give it to hiring manager 

how they going to process me without documents 

this place a shyt hole 

but it’s how all city job operates I was told 

Application for what?

13 minutes ago, Gullys said:

Because my 90 days period expired and they skipping me because of that 

so I need pre employment the canvass to be on file updated to my name so I can be called for medical 

Anytime you do pre-employment (drug testing) and you do not get called for medical within 90 days, you have to do it all over again when they contact you again. They canvass tons of people for a limited number of spots in case people, for whatever reason, do not show up. If people with a lower list number than yours fills up a class(es) then you go back to the beginning next time and start the process all over again.

12 minutes ago, TraDon said:

Anytime you do pre-employment (drug testing) and you do not get called for medical within 90 days, you have to do it all over again when they contact you again. They canvass tons of people for a limited number of spots in case people, for whatever reason, do not show up. If people with a lower list number than yours fills up a class(es) then you go back to the beginning next time and start the process all over again.

Drug testing aka urine lab there’s always people there because they have to drug test employees too and that only last 30 days 

pre-employment canvass last 90 days, so if your list number haven’t been called for medical and your canvass expired you would need to redo it and they need to update it to the system 

that the only way 

To me it’s feel like I’m on medical hold when I won’t need to

8 minutes ago, Mohamed said:

I am praying I get a letter for the Opa list# 77xx

also what would you have to do for the OPA?

When I did it which was like 2 years ago probably they give you scenarios and then interview you on your answer. Basically on how you would go about the situation. From what I remember 

22 hours ago, Gullys said:

Drug testing aka urine lab there’s always people there because they have to drug test employees too and that only last 30 days 

pre-employment canvass last 90 days, so if your list number haven’t been called for medical and your canvass expired you would need to redo it and they need to update it to the system 

that the only way 

To me it’s feel like I’m on medical hold when I won’t need to

You aren't the only one who went through this.. This is what they do...:(

58 minutes ago, Mikec1220 said:

can someone please help me find out how to get called for train conductor. I took the test in 2018, exam# 6601 and I really want to work 

They will notify you when the time comes. If you do not know your list number, you can search yourself in DCAS and see how long you have to wait compared to the others posting here.

On 2/7/2022 at 7:57 AM, RTOMan said:

Yeah they haven’t seen anything yet, if this is a problem now I can only imagine how they’ll fair out when they get released to the crew office…

Early Monday late Fridays on board??? 😒