Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

1 hour ago, Bige1283 said:

Hello all I received the email to report to 180 Livingston on Monday Feb 8th at 8am for pre employment...my question is what to expect that day and is my drug test also scheduled the same day as pre employment process...thank you

The drug test is the same day. Fill out the paperwork they emailed you and bring in your original documents from the list in the paperwork. Bring a snack and some water because you could be there for hours and hours.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, PatientlyWaiting30 said:

I have no idea 🤷🏽‍♂️ lol. Just mad excited. I was hoping someone can tell me what it's for. I'm guessing medical because it's my first form of contact with them 

Yeah it’s probably for a drug test then what’s your list number ? This would be my second time going there 

12 hours ago, PaerdeBoy said:

Same here. I’m 41xx and got a reschedule for preemployment. To my knowledge, preemployment is good for 90 days. I haven’t reached that 90 day mark so I’m hoping to get my medical scheduled for next class.

I’ve reached my 90 day mark … after that do we get scheduled for medical ? I’m going on the 10th hope it’s for medical. I already did my drug test

On 1/26/2022 at 11:17 AM, Mohamed said:

Any news if this list will be extended? 

Looks like it's been extended till February 2023. I just checked Opendata for my list number and it shows an extension date.

Edited by Cait Sith

On 1/30/2022 at 6:26 AM, PaerdeBoy said:

Same here. I’m 41xx and got a reschedule for preemployment. To my knowledge, preemployment is good for 90 days. I haven’t reached that 90 day mark so I’m hoping to get my medical scheduled for next class.

I was told that I need to called Dcas and get Reinstated back on the list 

If you reached the 90 day mark, then they are calling you for preemployment again. You have to repeat the previous process. I’m actually going tomorrow for it myself.

Good luck with the reinstating, that’s crazy to me. Hopefully they get you in fast because I was told the next class is by the end of this month.

48 minutes ago, sc32 said:

Just went in for a second lab yesterday and Going to In tomorrow to hopefully clear my medical hold. Anyone have experience with this? If I clear can I possibly be hired tomorrow.? Or will I have to go in again. Thanks In advance 

Hey what’s your list number if you don’t mind me asking ? I’m doing a second drug test as well

2 hours ago, sc32 said:

Just went in for a second lab yesterday and Going to In tomorrow to hopefully clear my medical hold. Anyone have experience with this? If I clear can I possibly be hired tomorrow.? Or will I have to go in again. Thanks In advance 

Once you clear your hold , your hired

get sworn in 

10 minutes ago, Nicholasp said:

This waiting is getting to me 😓, did my pre employment since November and still haven't heard anything for medical. Yet there's a shortage of employees. 

Most likely what happen to me would happen to you also 

might have to do exactly what I did this week

Edited by Gullys

11 minutes ago, Gullys said:

Most likely what happen to me would happen to you also 

might have to do exactly what I did this week

I'll wait for the full three month mark, because it was like the 23 or something. Then if not I'll contact them, I've written emails to them (emails from the first pre-employment email) but no one even replies to me. 

17 hours ago, Nicholasp said:

I'll wait for the full three month mark, because it was like the 23 or something. Then if not I'll contact them, I've written emails to them (emails from the first pre-employment email) but no one even replies to me. 

Just got a called to report for second lab 

on Saturday. 9:30am 

list 42x

i guess what I’m doing working 

34 minutes ago, Nicholasp said:

I'm 48xx so I guess I still gotta wait, what did you do? Sorry if you have to repeat what you said. 

(347) 643-8215  that employment number very nice lady that pick up usually call when they open or closing up

She had told me to email 

LMACustomerService@dcas.nyc.gov

and ask for me to be reinstated

and also 

Olha.Nyahay@nyct.com emailed 

she very nice too send my email to the schedule unit 

My next approach was walking in with canvass and documents,

Edited by Gullys

4 hours ago, Gullys said:

(347) 643-8215  that employment number very nice lady that pick up usually call when they open or closing up

She had told me to email 

LMACustomerService@dcas.nyc.gov

and ask for me to be reinstated

and also 

Olha.Nyahay@nyct.com emailed 

she very nice too send my email to the schedule unit 

My next approach was walking in with canvass and documents,

Guess I'll do that soon. Third week of this month. 

21 minutes ago, JackDorsey said:

This week I completed my second drug test in medical since the previous ones were over 90 days ago. I attend the February 21st class. A question I forgot to ask was regarding holiday pay. The 21st is Presidents’ Day. Are employees paid double time? 

You will get an additional 8 hours of holiday pay. You will be paid an additional $2/hour if you are working Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year.

Edit: I'm not sure how schoolcar may be working now, but they tend to move your days off to include the holiday so they don't have to give holiday pay. However, when you YX or yard/road post, you will get it.

Edited by Jericho

1 hour ago, JackDorsey said:

This week I completed my second drug test in medical since the previous ones were over 90 days ago. I attend the February 21st class. A question I forgot to ask was regarding holiday pay. The 21st is Presidents’ Day. Are employees paid double time? 

When did you attended last for drug test? And what's your list number as well? 

Cleared medical hold and hired last week Thanks for all the good information on this thread it was much appreciated. Some advice for people in the future. Be thorough, be polite. If you print out your own app don’t use double sided printing. Also make sure everything is complete even if the answer is n/a! If you haven’t gone for medical yet and are over weight. Get your self a sleep study. You’ll sVe a ton of time. Best of luck everyone 

I went in today for second lab 

since mine expired from 90 days

employment aka admins wasn’t there to collect paper work

only people there was medical admins  and urine lab  

security didn’t even know what he was doing 

there’s was two type of list medical and pre-employment list 

security only had pre-employment list and wasn’t letting anyone who was for medical inside 

telling them to come back Monday because they wasn’t in the list to enter the building 

this got be a joke how mta running employment process and crying for that they don’t have enough workers 

all I did was urine which one of the guy told me it’s only last 30 days 

Edited by Gullys