Need help in locating a subway stop

SubaruWRX

The address of the place I'm trying to get to is 56-15 Northern Blvd in Woodside Brooklyn but looking on Google streets says it has 2 subway stops on Broadway but looking at the street view I don't see them?

It says the M & R stop along Broadway I just can't find the subway locations.

The address of the place I'm trying to get to is 56-15 Northern Blvd in Woodside Brooklyn but looking on Google streets says it has 2 subway stops on Broadway but looking at the street view I don't see them?

It says the M & R stop along Broadway I just can't find the subway locations.

Woodside Brooklyn? You mean Woodside Queens? Woodside has an LIRR stop.  If you're coming from far, I would take that.  The subways can be sardine cans out there.

MNRR to GCT

(7) to Queensboro Plaza, then Q66

You're obviously taking Metro-North to Grand Central? If so then it would make sense to get the (6) train to 51st street and transfer there for the (M).

MNRR to GCT

(7) to Queensboro Plaza, then Q66

I wouldn't bother with the Q66.  Northern Blvd can crawl at times. I know because I take the QM2 along there when going shopping in Whitestone.  The subway is only a few blocks from the address.

You're obviously taking Metro-North to Grand Central? If so then it would make sense to get the (6) train to 51st street and transfer there for the (M).

What about taking the (S) from GCT to Times Sq 42nd then take the (R) to Northern Blvd?

What about taking the (S) from GCT to Times Sq 42nd then take the (R) to Northern Blvd?

While the (S) is frequent, the (R) runs like crap. The set up I suggested would be better.  You'll have to walk a bit to do the transfer to the (M), but it's no biggie.  I've done it plenty of times. I would get the (6) closer towards the front, this way you'll walk to the (M) will be shorter. The (6) is pretty frequent and the (M) while not as frequent as the (6) sure as hell is better than the (R).

The (M) and (R) can run crappy at the same time. However, the (M) to Northern is the way to go, unless it's the weekend, where you're essentially forced to use the (R). And yes, the (M) replaced the (V).

As for the subway location, here it is (on street view)

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Northern+Blvd,+Queens,+NY/@40.7533141,-73.9069497,3a,51.6y,42.61h,87.54t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sL21Lb1rpqdcRzmsn-5wPJQ!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo3.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DL21Lb1rpqdcRzmsn-5wPJQ%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D100%26h%3D80%26yaw%3D31.894024%26pitch%3D0!7i13312!8i6656!4m2!3m1!1s0x89c28a64bcdf88c3:0x47a42d644e94b187

If you turn around, by the Sports Authority, you'll see another one.

Woodside Brooklyn? You mean Woodside Queens? Woodside has an LIRR stop.  If you're coming from far, I would take that.  The subways can be sardine cans out there.

IGNORE THIS ADVICE. Woodside is a large community and the LIRR stop is over a mile away from the location you're trying to get to. The M and the R usually are not that crowded "out there". Trust me, I live there. (Although, rush hour service is curtailed for the next 3 weeks, but, still.)

The Northern Blvd subway stop is a few blocks away from where you're trying to go. An M or R train from manhattan will let you out on the opposite side of the street. There is no crossunder, so the Queens-bound and Manhattan-bound sides of the station have different entrances.

On the train from Manhattan, you'll want to be in the back, as the station only has one exit. 

Cross Northern Blvd, then make a right and walk three blocks. You'll walk under the overpass carrying Amtrak to the Hell Gate Bridge. 

Here's the location of the subway station and the stairs. (the southbound platform entrance is tucked next to the "juice beats" stand, and the northbound platform is on the corner by the sports authority parking lot) 

bgm2zu.jpg

IGNORE THIS ADVICE. Woodside is a large community and the LIRR stop is over a mile away from the location you're trying to get to. The M and the R usually are not that crowded "out there". Trust me, I live there. (Although, rush hour service is curtailed for the next 3 weeks, but, still.)

The Northern Blvd subway stop is a few blocks away from where you're trying to go. An M or R train from manhattan will let you out on the opposite side of the street. There is no crossunder, so the Queens-bound and Manhattan-bound sides of the station have different entrances.

On the train from Manhattan, you'll want to be in the back, as the station only has one exit. 

Cross Northern Blvd, then make a right and walk three blocks. You'll walk under the overpass carrying Amtrak to the Hell Gate Bridge. 

Here's the location of the subway station and the stairs. (the southbound platform entrance is tucked next to the "juice beats" stand, and the northbound platform is on the corner by the sports authority parking lot) 

bgm2zu.jpg

You're WAYYY late to the party...  <_<  His options were discussed and confirmed several posts ago by me and others.  Seems like you choose to read what you want to... 

Was that really necessary? When did you become forum police? If he wants to make his comment, that's his prerogative. Besides, the visual aid might actually be useful.

Yeah it was actually.  It's not about being anything.  The person's question had already been answered by several other posters, and at the time the LIRR suggestion was made far in advance without having much info at hand about the actual address.  He just did that to be a wise @ss and you know it.

Haha, yes the question had mostly been answered when I found the 2 hour topic, but I chimed in with what I hoped would be the helpful knowledge of a local, as I live less than half a mile from the OP's destination.  

For what it's worth, I was wrong, the LIRR station is only 2/3 of a mile from the destination - but, coming from connecticut it will still be easier for him to get to the M or the R from GCT than to get to the LIRR at penn and try to figure out which train is stopping at woodside. 

It's an 11-15 minute ride on either subway. 

LIRR suggestion was made far in advance without having much info at hand about the actual address.  He just did that to be a wise @ss and you know it.

OP included street address in the initial post. 

As for whether I was being a weisenheimer:

Would you reply to a 2 hour old topic where someone asked how to get to riverdale and the 1 train was suggested as the best option? Frankly, I'd be disappointed if you didn't. 

I'll concede my caps-lock "ignore this advice" was a bit much, but the impetus for my response was more that of geocentrism - as Woodside is my home. 

And yes, now I see the 6 to Lex/53 advice. I did miss that comment before. That's probably the best choice. 

Haha, yes the question had mostly been answered when I found the 2 hour topic, but I chimed in with what I hoped would be the helpful knowledge of a local, as I live less than half a mile from the OP's destination.  

For what it's worth, I was wrong, the LIRR station is only 2/3 of a mile from the destination - but, coming from connecticut it will still be easier for him to get to the M or the R from GCT than to get to the LIRR at penn and try to figure out which train is stopping at woodside. 

It's an 11-15 minute ride on either subway. 

OP included street address in the initial post. 

As for whether I was being a weisenheimer:

Would you reply to a 2 hour old topic where someone asked how to get to riverdale and the 1 train was suggested as the best option? Frankly, I'd be disappointed if you didn't. 

I'll concede my caps-lock "ignore this advice" was a bit much, but the impetus for my response was more that of geocentrism - as Woodside is my home. 

And yes, now I see the 6 to Lex/53 advice. I did miss that comment before. That's probably the best choice. 

Indeed, but he also had Woodside Brooklyn in there... Additionally, he didn't state where he was coming from originally either.  Once I had that information and saw he was coming from Greenwich, the LIRR option went out of the window because it would involve backtracking for starters. 

You may be a resident of Astoria, but I've been going well before it became "hip".  Have eaten at a number of places there and have several friends that have lived there for years, so I'm quite familiar with it along with other parts of Queens.

Things change.

**pic***

Right, forgot that they're separate from each other. All the other stations between 65 Street and 36 Street are like this, correct?

You may be a resident of Astoria, but I've been going well before it became "hip".  Have eaten at a number of places there and have several friends that have lived there for years, so I'm quite familiar with it along with other parts of Queens.

I live on the astoria/woodside border (the address is technically woodside, but socially it's astoria). I've been here for many years.

Northern Blvd is the closest subway station to my home.

I'm not denying you have knowledge of the area. Just offering what I had as a resident.

I honestly Wish I had more carefully read the thread before I chimed in.  :mellow:

Right, forgot that they're separate from each other. All the other stations between 65 Street and 36 Street are like this, correct?

Steinway street and 65 street have crossovers, actually. 36, 46 and Northern do not. 

I could be wrong but I think all the other stations along the M/R from Roosey to Continental have the crossovers. I think it's just those three oddballs that are shallow stations with no mezzanine. 

I live on the astoria/woodside border (the address is technically woodside, but socially it's astoria). I've been here for many years.

Northern Blvd is the closest subway station to my home.

I'm not denying you have knowledge of the area. Just offering what I had as a resident.

I honestly Wish I had more carefully read the thread before I chimed in.  :mellow:

Steinway street and 65 street have crossovers, actually. 36, 46 and Northern do not. 

I could be wrong but I think all the other stations along the M/R from Roosey to Continental have the crossovers. I think it's just those three oddballs that are shallow stations with no mezzanine. 

Yeah, all the stations from Roosevelt to Coninental have crossovers. For Grand, you have to go to the end of the platform, since the other stairs are just exits.

Question for the crossovers what or how is it decided that some stations get them and some don't?

They were built years and years ago, and they didn't care as much back then. Also, a lot of stations did have crossovers, but some of them were closed for safety reasons during the bad old days.

Archived